Infantry vet changes

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Infantry vet changes

Post by Warhawks97 »

Another topic about this one.

Can we pls revert it? The changes are so brutal. I used stormtroopers more often now and they used to be strong. But what i see now is insane. When i have my suppression squad and my leader squad (what i usually try to combine) and have them at vet 1-3, its just sick. I can mow down a unvet 82nd in a burst. Basic inf loses two men by a single burst from one of the lmg in yellow cover.

Perhaps its just me, but as someone who uses all kinds of infantry units as US and axis, i get more and more upset.
Also an issue is that once one side has some vet elite inf, its nearly impossible to start trying to get some sort of counter elite inf force since every combat is going to be extremely one sided.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Redgaarden

Re: Infantry vet changes

Post by Redgaarden »

I kinda agree, I dont see why elite troops should get better vet and poor troops get shafted.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Okay... So earlier we were saying elite inf were useless and had no place in the meta... but, if we just hard tweaked the elite inf it would mean basic inf becomes useless... So, we decided to make veterancy scaling a thing so that way there's some skill aspect to getting strong inf instead of just buying space marines off the rack. Ironically, it was stormtroopers themselves that people were complaining no longer saw the light of day. Now they're too strong. cool.

So tell me now, what is the solution?

By the way, if it requires making 76 sherman, stug, or m10 unlocks not CP dependent then I'm going to flat out say "ridiculous. no".
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I think it had been said several times already. The balance between the infantry units were so far ok. I never had issues with Volks or anything. Meanwhile elite inf was and is quite capable handling other inf unless you are a retard trying to storm enemie inf without cover.

Elite inf got cheaper by a lot over the past few years. Personally what often keeps me away from going inf branch is the fact that i spend the first CP into tank stuff. Basic inf with support weapons and tanks is overall a better option. But the balance between inf units wasnt really off to begin with and should never been changed in the first place after cost adjustments had been made.

I am not quite sure if i saw things correctly in the heat of the battle, but i might have seen stormtroopers cost 30 MP per men. Rifle squad 25. Considering that in the past matches even upper class infantry units dropped like bowling pins when going against my vet stormtroopers, its just ridiculous that basic inf should somehow stand any chance. I mean you can literally put your inf behind cover and the veted elites will still shred them in seconds. Its not even a fight or anything. Not even a "hold them back untill reinforcments arrive", its just a pure massacre.

So currently you got two options: Go for own elite inf and try to vet them asap (which is difficult when your opponent already has vet elite inf) or spam anti infantry tanks.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Just the storms?

No mention of RAF, Combat Engies, or?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Warhawks97 wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 22:00
I think it had been said several times already. The balance between the infantry units were so far ok. I never had issues with Volks or anything. Meanwhile elite inf was and is quite capable handling other inf unless you are a retard trying to storm enemie inf without cover.

Elite inf got cheaper by a lot over the past few years. Personally what often keeps me away from going inf branch is the fact that i spend the first CP into tank stuff. Basic inf with support weapons and tanks is overall a better option. But the balance between inf units wasnt really off to begin with and should never been changed in the first place after cost adjustments had been made.

I am not quite sure if i saw things correctly in the heat of the battle, but i might have seen stormtroopers cost 30 MP per men. Rifle squad 25. Considering that in the past matches even upper class infantry units dropped like bowling pins when going against my vet stormtroopers, its just ridiculous that basic inf should somehow stand any chance. I mean you can literally put your inf behind cover and the veted elites will still shred them in seconds. Its not even a fight or anything. Not even a "hold them back untill reinforcments arrive", its just a pure massacre.

So currently you got two options: Go for own elite inf and try to vet them asap (which is difficult when your opponent already has vet elite inf) or spam anti infantry tanks.
Post a replay where your storms or someone else’s are overperforming, please.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Walderschmidt wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 23:37
Just the storms?

Wald

I took the storms as example because there noticed a few times now that with vet they become extroadinary strong against any infantry that is not also elite+vet.

I dont play CW that much and not RAF. I am not so good with commandos or how to play them and i dont like to become just another boring "SAS only" idiot.

I am just saying that the vet changes were simply not needed. I never felt basic inf was in need of a nerf but i also didnt felt like elite inf couldnt stand a chance vs enemie inf.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 00:34
Walderschmidt wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 23:37
Just the storms?

Wald

I took the storms as example because there noticed a few times now that with vet they become extroadinary strong against any infantry that is not also elite+vet.

I dont play CW that much and not RAF. I am not so good with commandos or how to play them and i dont like to become just another boring "SAS only" idiot.

I am just saying that the vet changes were simply not needed. I never felt basic inf was in need of a nerf but i also didnt felt like elite inf couldnt stand a chance vs enemie inf.
Instead just talk abou storms you should play more CW and watch tomys melt elit infantry when they get vet, or watch how RAF or comandos with vet clean the floor with some axis units. No mention propaganda doctrine game stile, were if your micro sucks your infantry have no chance vs these CW units.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Warhawks97 wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 22:00

sigh... i guess maybe YOU said it but the many other people didn't... can't blame you for being consistent i guess. See mefisto here talking about tommies melting elite infantry just contradicts some claims here so... I dunno. I can't keep track of what you all think anymore.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tommies are still C tier inf and i can share his experience to some degree. I saw lots of inf units getting melted by them even when they only enfields or BAR. When they have vet and a LT nearby they can decimate enemie units very fast. Also most players use elite inf without command units nearby and lose many of them when they have no vet at all. But once they get vet+leader squad vet bonuses, the power stacks are just insane and even these CW sections melt down in seconds. Once you killed their vet Section unit and perhaps the LT, they too become super usless against the veted super heroes.

But yeah, going vet 0 Luft/Storms against vet Section+LT is suicide.

Note pls that we talk about the impact of vet. Sending unvet units against each other is the same as before. But in late game it really becomes insane once they reach vet. The gap in power between a C and A tier unit increases with every vet level they both gain.

I mean do we have Tigers/Pershings/KT etc gaining extra power with each vet level while light tanks and medium tanks gain less from each vet?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

i like the change.
gonna make a more in depth post tomorrow.
Nerf Mencius