76mm Jumbo HE mode

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

76mm Jumbo HE mode

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Please give 76mm Jumbo a single HE shot ability like the rest of the tanks. The current one is bugged, sometimes it takes ages to make the first shot. Moreover, it is a huge downside as the tank is unable to kill vehicles for a period of time.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: 76mm Jumbo HE mode

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Stug3 as well.

Actually, we should get rid of all the timed HE modes altogether.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

i would make all HE to swap. No timed or single shot as both have their issues. Timed have the issues mentioned. Single shot allows tanks to engage hard and soft targets within seconds while bypassing reload times.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Hell no.... Imagine Panthers or Pershings with perma HE, it will be certainly too OP. A single HE shot is in the right spot in my opinion.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I think single shot makes these tanks stronger. You can fire an AP shot on a tank, 2 secs later HE on inf and again like 3 secs later ap on a vehicle again.

The swap duration just needs to be long rather than the cooldown between the swaps.

And certain HEs could be lowered if deemed OP. For units like tigers with heavy attack and breakthrough role it would be OK as well since one of their tasks is to lead and do clear the way for follow up units.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 11:25
Hell no.... Imagine Panthers or Pershings with perma HE, it will be certainly too OP. A single HE shot is in the right spot in my opinion.
+1 agree, also what will be the role of PIII, PIV short barrel, Sherman 75 etc… (I like the way their HE works now) they should stay like that.
The only unit I may keep with time HE is the stugIII since it is an infantry support tank all other units should have a single HE shot(76mm, long barrel in general) and HQ 37mm AT gun.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 11:31
I think single shot makes these tanks stronger. You can fire an AP shot on a tank, 2 secs later HE on inf and again like 3 secs later ap on a vehicle again.
Actually not, as soon as such abilities are activated, the gun would go on a full reloading consequence.. even if you cancelled the HE ability, your tank will still reload.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

highly against perma swap for all tanks. It should be just for the stubbys,M4s and cromwells with a few exceptions. HE is a really strong tool which should be limited to softer tanks and not to heavys or strong mediums like panthers.

Mhh. Not sure if the Jumbo should get the HE shot. While playing inf doc, the jumbo is a award unit from the Jackson which is a TD. Also the addition of the HVAP shot make the jumbo even better vs tanks. Giving him the ability to completly rip threw infantry with this amount of armor is pretty damn strong or no ?
Last edited by Consti255 on 21 Jul 2021, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Nerf Mencius

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MEFISTO wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 18:33
Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 11:25
+1 agree, also what will be the role of PIII, PIV short barrel, Sherman 75 etc… (I like the way their HE works now) they should stay like that.
The only unit I may keep with time HE is the stugIII since it is an infantry support tank all other units should have a single HE shot(76mm, long barrel in general) and HQ 37mm AT gun.
i think the Stug III from Blitz doc could also get perma swap HE. its a Infantry support tank and is not for anti tank purposes to be honest. Perma HE would give him more reason to be build and play blitz as a super agressive doc with a early Stug and Stormtrooper combo wjich can go super agressive with the Stug ability.
You still have the Stug IV against tank rushes if needed.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Stugs are assault guns and infantry support tanks. The long barrel was added in order to provide better anti tank capabilities. In fact the stug III was the most effective german tank destroyer that destroyed more tanks than any other tank.

Giving them perma HE would work but would make this thing damn powerfull. You would basically build nothing else than stug III´s that way.

Timed HE in general has a lot of drawbacks indeed and the Jumbo 76 should be treated like other tanks of its kind with single shot HE when everyone seems to be against HE/AP swaps for tanks.

The stug III should simply be added to more docs as a basic tank with perhaps single HE shots as well or HE/AP swap.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

What do you guys think about to give stugIII the ability to reinforce troops in the battlefield like the infantry Churchill does? And keep it only in bk doctrine so it will become in a real infantry support? Because if you make it A single HE shot then I prefer stugIV since I can use it on camouflage.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I mean the Stug is an assault gun. I think the addition of perma HE would make it actually usefull or more unique compared to the Stug 4.
I mean they are unique in any way, but the Stug 4 in general is just way more attractive overall and i rarely see a Stug 3 beeing deployed with the blitz doc.

Making a Stug reinforce tank is fitting to its concept at all in my opinion and with the stormtroop ability it would be overall way to powerful.

Desprite the Stug i would say, make it just a call in which enters the Battlefield with the call in blitz ability and give it the perma HE. This would make this ability a attractive rush CP unlock to provide early pressure what blitz doc is supposed to do.

Should be discussed on a diffrent topic since this is for the Jumbo..
Nerf Mencius

Krieger Blitzer

All the timed HE abilities should be replaced by single-shot HE ability.

Then, if somebody wants to make Stug3 more useful.. just replace Pz3 off-map support by Stug3 in Blitz doc.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 23:19
All the timed HE abilities should be replaced by single-shot HE ability.

Then, if somebody wants to make Stug3 more useful.. just replace Pz3 off-map support by Stug3 in Blitz doc.
+1 agree, any ways stugIII is an infantry support, so it’s the best feed for storms in a call in.

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:19
Please give 76mm Jumbo a single HE shot ability like the rest of the tanks. The current one is bugged, sometimes it takes ages to make the first shot. Moreover, it is a huge downside as the tank is unable to kill vehicles for a period of time.
+1

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Again, i will repeat what i said in the stug III topic already. In the past the call in used to be a 7 CP unlock for 750 MP offering Stug IV late and grens. Now we talk about 750 MP call in Stug III with perma HE and elite inf squad for close combat for just 3 CP and 750 MP. Not sure if thats a good idea.

And afterall, the stug III could be usefull in way more doctrines than just in one.