Weird behavior of the 82nd Airborne Rangers while in camo

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Beast Slayer

Weird behavior of the 82nd Airborne Rangers while in camo

Post by Beast Slayer »

This squad is not attacking anything while in camo even when "Hold Fire" is turned off.

Warhawks97

Re: Weird behavior of the 82nd Airborne Rangers while in camo

Post by Warhawks97 »

passive camo often leads to units not firing no matter they have the orders or not. You see it with many squads, even individual soldiers stopping to fire when going camo during reload.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Any possibility of a fix? There is no purpose to the "Hold Fire" button when they hold fire all the time.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

well, the camo system is intended to let them camo for a ambush. When you got Thompsons is it sensefull for them to attack every enemy right inb sight vs Kar98,G43 or MG34 and 42? I guess no. It just recuires one click for them to attack and i am highly against anything chaning that. It would completely ruin the ambush funcion for them and i gladly do that one more click anyday when the enemy is in close range.
Nerf Mencius

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Consti255 wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 12:48
well, the camo system is intended to let them camo for a ambush. When you got Thompsons is it sensefull for them to attack every enemy right inb sight vs Kar98,G43 or MG34 and 42? I guess no. It just recuires one click for them to attack and i am highly against anything chaning that. It would completely ruin the ambush funcion for them and i gladly do that one more click anyday when the enemy is in close range.
You are completely missing the point. The point is that when they are not attacking enemies no matter if the hold fire button is on or off there is no point to such function. Why is it even there when it doesn't work? Also stating that "Im completely against anything changing that" and "it would completely ruin the ambush function" is outright silly and gross exaggeration. Nothing would be "ruined" because you will still have option to hold fire or attack right away thanks to the hold fire button but this button/function will need to be fixed first for that to happen.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Fallschirmjagers, Commandos and many other infantry squads which have access to camo work properly so I think only this (and maybe some other) squad is buggy like this.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

ah okay so they wont attack even tho you are rightclicking?
Nerf Mencius

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Consti255 wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 12:42
ah okay so they wont attack even tho you are rightclicking?
They do attack when you right-click on a target, but again, that is not the point of this thread. I already explained several times that this ability is buggy because it is not behaving in the same way as all the other hold fire abilities. All the other squads with passive camo fire automatically on enemies when hold fire is turned off and hold their fire when it is turned on, so Im not demanding change to an in-game mechanic, but rather a fix for a bug.

Are we understanding each other now?

Red

Post by Red »

At least when I play Luftwaffe, it also happens that the guys with the FG42 fire on Allied soldiers while the other Fallschirmjäger with their MPs are still in camo.
When I play Blitzkrieg, I had Allied squads walk by my Stormtroopers in camo without any of the Stormtroopers firing.

So I do not think this behavior is limited to the 82nd.
But I do believe it is more frequent when you have different weapon types within your squad.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

What i said, i observed it frequently with various weapons units and individual soldiers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt