Historical Add-on For Blitzkrieg mod

Here you can talk about other mods for COH.
Lartza

Re: Historical Add-on For Blitzkrieg mod

Post by Lartza »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
Lartza wrote:
Panzerblitz1 wrote:Well it means you guys have serious problems with your installations, im not encounter such thing with the addon.

Seems it's the historical addon doing it. We tried to play regular BK with it and it froze still. Uninstalled and played straight from steam and everything works again. Didn't try Afrika without historical if that is even possible.

It can’t be, if it froze means you have a problem on your end.
1- do you have steam, coh, bk and the addon on the same hardrive?
2- did you installed correctly bk mod?
3- did you installed correctly the addon?

Thousand of players including myself don’t have problems, and no report so far has been made regarding that.

Steam is on C:, coh, bk and addon are on D: in a secondary steamapps folder, BK mod works alone and addon seems to work better in 1v1 against an AI.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Well if you don’t have all your apps and games in the same location and have a limited machine, you are having the troubles you experience, put ALL in the same hardrive and you will see your problems will be solved.

Lartza

Post by Lartza »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Well if you don’t have all your apps and games in the same location and have a limited machine, you are having the troubles you experience, put ALL in the same hardrive and you will see your problems will be solved.

I don't get how Steam being on an SSD is an issue. All the game parts are on a 7200rpm HDD. I'm using an i7-3770k which albeit old shouldn't struggle with an ADDON when the base mod works, also GTX 980.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I don’t get it either! Its just a fact, try what i just told u guys and your problems will be fixed.
The addon is directly connected to bk mod, put all in the same location.

Make sure in your company of heroes relaunch folder you have bk mod and afrika 43 (the histo addon) folders.

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther »

Ok, there is a way to turn-on supression aura for soldiers?

Michael_Z_Freeman

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Hi. Anyone else having problems with AI games in BK Afrika mod ? The Axis AI can only build engineers. Something seems to have changed in the BK scripts since Afrika was last updated that broke something. I can only play as the Axis with Allied AI opposition as the, what seems to be a bug, does not effect them. If I play as Allies then AI Axis only sends engineers all over the map. They fail to build any base buildings.

AI Axis engineer not building first base building but off taking point ...
RelicCOH_2019_11_18_17_03_33_155.jpg
Late battle (Allies have reached Axis base). Lone engineer at his base. no other base buildings apart from the default one.
RelicCOH_2019_11_17_19_10_14_218.jpg
Possibly related. Games message stating required manpower for 88 does not match with advertised amount.
RelicCOH_2019_11_19_16_22_01_672.jpg
UPDATE:

A full reinstall of everything as well as wiping as many left over files as possible fixed the problem. Now Axis do, eventually, start building base structures.

However there is a problems still remaining. I could swear the Axis used to very quickly built base structures and overwhelmed me with tanks. Maybe my game has improved and I'm just capturing sectors quicker ? Anyway, observing the Axis fellow AI shows they take AGES to build base structures. Far too long capturing sectors with engineers before they build. Sometimes they just about come back in time to become the lethal Axis we know so well. Other times they are so far behind that the Allies are quickly at their base and the game is over. So I don't know if something changed somewhere in BK/Afrika to cause this. The Americans do immediately build the barracks. Why don't the Axis ?

TEMPORARY FIX:

Temporary solution: Play with high resources and expert level. I suspect the weighting is wrong at normal resources and the Axis engineers decide to go and capture CP's. At high resources they start building base structures like there's no tommorow.

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

Hello guys! the new Historical Add-on V2.4.5. is now available!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-a ... 3-d-day-44

Have fun!
Attachments
20200213163230_1.jpg
TR09539-2.jpg

Michael_Z_Freeman

justforfun1 wrote:Hello guys! the new Historical Add-on V2.4.5. is now available!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-a ... 3-d-day-44

Have fun!
Hi justforfun1. Thanks so much for the update !

However I am still getting this problem with the German AI. As you can see they don't build base structures properly ...
RelicCOH_2020_03_02_18_32_54_538.jpg
This was some time into the game. The engineers that are supposed to be building are spread across the map trying to capture points.

I confirmed the problem by ...

1. Completely uninstalling Afrika and BK, including manually checking for any left over files.

2. Verified steam COH files.

3. Started Sollum Barracks with high resources and 1000 Victory Point mode. 1 AI team mate and 2 AI enemy. This way you can quickly see what the German AI is up to as a scout vehicle usually gets to the base quite quickly (another way is starting as the Germans and watching your AI team mate).

So I hope you can fix this problem. Thanks for BK Afrika !

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

Howdy!
The new Historical add-on for Blitzkrieg mod 5.2.0. is now available on Moddb! Enjoy!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-add-on-for-bk-mod
Attachments
gtgt.jpg

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

justforfun1 wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 00:44
Howdy!
The new Historical add-on for Blitzkrieg mod 5.2.0. is now available on Moddb! Enjoy!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-add-on-for-bk-mod
Thanks my friend. Your contribution has been well recieved in the community. keep doing this, I enjoy how BK looks with this addon

Michael_Z_Freeman

Can someone please help me with this ?

1. Am I the only one getting this problem (see my posts above) ?

2. AI log says ...

-- Log file for all error messages related to the AI --

Could not load lua file!
Could not load lua file!
Could not load lua file!

----

I REALLY need to be able to play this mod !

Michael_Z_Freeman

On further investigation I did an experiment. I installed into my dual boot installation of Windows 8 that has never had COH installed in it. The Axis sappers were suddenly building base structures and there were light axis AT guns and axis MG's all over the place, as there should be. So I booted back into Windows 10. Wiped everything COH related. Installed COH. Verify steam files. Install BK. Verify. Install Afrika. Verify. Start game. *NO* axis base structures again :o ! Only axis sappers running around on their own trying to fight an axis "sapper war" or something, lol :lol:.

I compared both installs, Win10 and Win8 using Total Commander compare (compare files at byte level). All files identical apart from "Uninst000.dat" which is different because it has the OS type at the top of thee file.

Can anyone explain what is going on here ? I've never seen anything like this. For some reason the Axis AI fails to work in Windows 10 - but does in Windows 8 with identical files. Would love to find a solution to this as it's a hassle for me to boot into win8.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Only thing that comes to mind: sometimes, in other games, AI decision making is influenced by the current game tick rate, which could differ per operating system. No idea about CoH though.

Michael_Z_Freeman

Diablo wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 18:24
Only thing that comes to mind: sometimes, in other games, AI decision making is influenced by the current game tick rate, which could differ per operating system. No idea about CoH though.
Thanks. That could make sense (scratches head).

I've been delving into the AI files because on a larger x6 map (Tobruk), in Windows 8 again, the Axis Sappers did build base structures but too late in the game. The AI seems to do everything else OK. The problems seems to be with the Axis Sappers. Do you know where I need to look in the AI files for the weighting on when to build base structures ? The problem seems to be that Axis Sappers immediately go out to capture CP's first then eventually they get to base structures. They should be doing what the American AI does; immediately build the barracks because that is the only route to stronger soldiers.

I can find "eta_unti_wait_time = 60" in personality.ai and this kind of thing, but here must be a priority set somewhere for base structures that will force the Axis to build the first base structure FIRST above all.

I was hoping this problem would be fixed in the Sept 2020 update of the Afrika mod but that never happened even though the developer discussed the issue briefly he does not seem interested in fixing it. There is the "high resources" setting but I don't think that totally fixes it. Anyway I don't have to use that setting in vanilla BK to get the enemy AI pumping out tanks. This is what should be happening ESPECIALLY in Afrika because that's why it was so good !

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Michael_Z_Freeman wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 19:27
Do you know where I need to look in the AI files for the weighting on when to build base structures ? The problem seems to be that Axis Sappers immediately go out to capture CP's first then eventually they get to base structures. They should be doing what the American AI does; immediately build the barracks because that is the only route to stronger soldiers.
Sorry, can't help you with that. I really don't know much about CoH's scripts.

Michael_Z_Freeman

Diablo wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 23:35
Michael_Z_Freeman wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 19:27
Do you know where I need to look in the AI files for the weighting on when to build base structures ? The problem seems to be that Axis Sappers immediately go out to capture CP's first then eventually they get to base structures. They should be doing what the American AI does; immediately build the barracks because that is the only route to stronger soldiers.
Sorry, can't help you with that. I really don't know much about CoH's scripts.
OK, who does ?

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Well, maybe it could work on Win10 to set the application to compatibility mode with Win8 selected?

Michael_Z_Freeman

OK, don't know about the win8 thing but I found difference between "personality.ai" between Afrika and BK is @ "eta_structure_wait_time" which is *0* (ZERO), ie "build immediately" in BK but in Afrika it is *150*, ie "can wait so other mission targets take over". So I changed it from 150 to 0 in Afrika and now the second Pioneer engineer to be built immediately builds the first Axis base structure. Progress ! I'm trying to find out why the first Pioneer won't immediately build the first base structure. I tried to change the Afrika setting of ...

s_eta_structure_wait_time = 160
s_eta_production_wait_time = 90

... to the BK default of ...

s_eta_structure_wait_time = 90
s_eta_production_wait_time = 30

But it just made the problem worse as in Pioneers fail to build anything. So I'll revert that.

What is it that stops the first Pioneer from building the first Axis base structure ? I keep comparing with the BK ".ai" files as the BK American engineers *do* build the first American base structure.

Come on. Any LUA/ai experts out there ?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Try setting to 1 through 10 instead of 0. Maybe it still needs some time instead of no time.

No idea though. Maybe it’s using vcoh build orders. Because in vcoh the first pío marches out I think.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Michael_Z_Freeman

kwok wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 17:51
Try setting to 1 through 10 instead of 0. Maybe it still needs some time instead of no time.

No idea though. Maybe it’s using vcoh build orders. Because in vcoh the first pío marches out I think.
Thanks, I'll give that a go.

In BK main (not Afrika) the Americans and Axis both build their first base structure ASAP ...

I installed an older version of Afrika 43 for BK 4.9.8. which does not suffer from the problem.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

We don’t work with afrika mod, so can’t tell yah how they do it. That’s just another mod that we’ve given permissions to modify on top of this mod. Sorry man.

It could be our latest patches are not as compatible as the previous patch and so somehow impacted the AI. But that’s really complex. BK mod changes haven’t touched the AI
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Michael_Z_Freeman

kwok wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 16:31
We don’t work with afrika mod, so can’t tell yah how they do it. That’s just another mod that we’ve given permissions to modify on top of this mod. Sorry man.

It could be our latest patches are not as compatible as the previous patch and so somehow impacted the AI. But that’s really complex. BK mod changes haven’t touched the AI
Thanks. So you're saying the AI in the main BK mod has not been touched since when ?

I now have Afrika running with BK 4.9.8 in my Windows 8 installation and it works fine.

If the AI has not been changed in BK since 4.9.8 then I find it difficult to think what might be causing this.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

90% of the time AI problems people have are map dependent. Don’t know specifically your problem…. But can’t always hurt to try. Play on a relic map and see if that changes anything.

Yeah man. Hasn’t changed since. We don’t tweak AI because we focus on the pvp aspect of the game. And again, afrika mod is not our mod, just another mod that received permissions to create derivative work from Bk. Your question is like asking Microsoft Windows why steam windows version doesn’t install.