Tank Support doctrine - Tank or Tank Destroyer unlock system

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Tank Support doctrine - Tank or Tank Destroyer unlock system

Post by MarKr »

There have been questions about the system of unlocking tanks and tank destroyers in the new Tank Support doctrine. Here is a detailed explanation that should (hopefully) make it clear.

Just as in any other doctrine, TS doctrine's unlock tree has a line for tanks but in this doctrine each unlock in the tank line can give you different units based on your decision.

This is the unlock line:
unlocks TS.jpg
The first unlock on the left will ALWAYS give you access to PIV H/J (in Panzer-Support building) and also to JPIV L48 (in Panzerjäger building).

The other unlocks give you access to JPIV L70, Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger OR Tiger I, Panther G and Kingtiger. So you can either unlock 3 tank destroyers or 3 tanks but you cannot combine them.

You will get access to the tanks if you upgrade Panzer-Support building:
TS - tanks.jpg
But if you upgrade your Panzerjäger building instead, you'll get access to advanced tank destroyers:
TS - tank destroyers.jpg
It is impossible to upgrade both buildings so you need to decide if you want to use tanks or tank destroyers in every match.

I hope this makes the system more understandable :) .

Walderschmidt

Re: Tank Support doctrine - Tank or Tank Destroyer unlock system

Post by Walderschmidt »

This seems clear enough to me.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Is it possible to have the greyed out options for both tank hunters and battle tanks displayed until one upgrade is chosen, then omit the unavailable tanks?

I think you could evaluate your options a little better before locking your choice.

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Diablo wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 06:37
Is it possible to have the greyed out options for both tank hunters and battle tanks displayed until one upgrade is chosen, then omit the unavailable tanks?

I think you could evaluate your options a little better before locking your choice.
Agree with this

Potato_Musher

Post by Potato_Musher »

If you could include both of these choices (Tank & Tank Destroyer) in doctrine (at least in beta), this would give some comparison, what would we a balanced/preferred choice of player and how it would played out (if/not balanced).

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Potato_Musher wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 23:57
If you could include both of these choices (Tank & Tank Destroyer) in doctrine (at least in beta), this would give some comparison, what would we a balanced/preferred choice of player and how it would played out (if/not balanced).
Its already in the game since month?
Nerf Mencius