Sherman 105

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Krieger Blitzer

Sherman 105

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I think i mentioned about this before somewhere.. but it didn't get noticed.

The 105 Sherman is a path-finding error behemoth, arguably the most game engine heavy unit in the entire game... This is due to the very limited turret rotation it currently has (only 60 degrees!!) & false targetting permissions.. the tank keeps rotating its whole chassis right & left not knowing how to adjust the cannon on target due to the extremely limited arc of fire, causing multiple A.i driven paths created in contest, not to mention it's inability to target emplacements directly, unless the ability is used.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Sherman 105

Bump

I think Sherman 105 should be able to turn turret 360 degrees, and its targetting pirorities need refinement

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I guess larger turret rotation angle is possible but what "targetting priorities" I didn't know what you meant even in the first post.

Krieger Blitzer

The 105 Sherman is supposed to be able to target stuff directly, right?

However, emplacements & some buildings can't be targetted directly.. not even when u order the tank to fire at them... Only the Anti Emplacement Long Range ability can target them.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

i get what he means by targeting priorities. he's talking about the weapon ai_info. sometimes the sherman will target vehciles over infantry? though it probably shouldn't...i just did a cehck they are are a bit wonky. the values are set pretty high by a magnitude of 10, so maybe that messes with it. fyi to all for right now it prioiritizes infantry > structures > light vehicles >heavy vehicles.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

bump up

Hopefully something could be done for this unit next release.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

It's main function (bunker busting) is fine. So no need for tweaks.

Krieger Blitzer

tarakancheg wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 15:17
That one is also bugged, and i'm not talking about its role... The unit functions aren't reliable for the game engine at the current state.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 15:20
tarakancheg wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 15:17
That one is also bugged, and i'm not talking about its role... The unit functions aren't reliable for the game engine at the current state.
have yet to encouner any problem with "fire at defences" against said emplacements except the fact that emplaced 88 needs 2 volleys.

Krieger Blitzer

I'd like to bring this to attention again & quote my first post:
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 15:50
The 105 Sherman is a path-finding error behemoth, arguably the most game engine heavy unit in the entire game... This is due to the very limited turret rotation it currently has (only 60 degrees!!) & false targetting permissions.. the tank keeps rotating its whole chassis right & left not knowing how to adjust the cannon on target due to the extremely limited arc of fire, causing multiple A.i driven paths created in contest, not to mention it's inability to target emplacements directly, unless the ability is used.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The turret rotation will be enabled in full 360° for the next update. I also tried to adjust the targetting priorities so that the gun preffers softer targets over heavy armor - targetting priorities in general are sort of wonky so we'll see if that works, but the weapon traverse should be fine.

Krieger Blitzer

MarKr wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 14:19
The turret rotation will be enabled in full 360° for the next update. I also tried to adjust the targetting priorities so that the gun preffers softer targets over heavy armor - targetting priorities in general are sort of wonky so we'll see if that works, but the weapon traverse should be fine.
Great to hear