How I see Riflemen

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
Redgaarden

How I see Riflemen

Post by Redgaarden »

Core.
Riflemen: Squishy, DPS, Utility. Cheap to produce, expensive to reinforce. Fielding more than 2 Rifle squads can be dangerous since they lack the offensive power of other squads. Which means they Can't push without support and you lose more manpower figthing enemy infantry than your opponent does.
They perform well in smoke and heavy cover to offset their squishiness and give them more time to fire their deadly guns.

Weapons
Standard: M1 Garand. Can't fire on the move and not the best at long range, but will keep enemy squads at bay and has a good chance of destroying enemy smg squads at close range. Can even give stormtroopers problems (Mp40).
25 Muni: Grease guns. Basically a garand that can fire on the move.
45 Muni: A waste of munitions Barely better than a garand. But I have heard they might change stats and abilities of the bar. For now there is no reason to get this weapon.
25 Muni?:Grenade launcher. Can't remember the exact price. But this upgrade lets you shoot grenades from afar. Will go over them in abilities.

Abilities
Grenade. Super deadly, big explosion for a cheap price.
Sticky bomb. Good at immobilizing tanks but do little to no dmg vs light vehicles. Due to fragility of riflemen let other squads rush up and throw these things.
Rifle Nade. a bit expensive huge rng chance of even hitting. I prefer the regular nade over this one, but I have seen players like spamming this ability.
Done use this ability if you have a machine gun on your squads cause it can glitch and cause the machinegun to become a M1 Garand.
Smoke Nade. This is also fired from the nade launcher. fires a accurate smoke nade on where you click. Useful. costs 10 muni compared to officer 30 muni smoke and mortar free smoke.
HEAT nade. The real reason to get a nade launcher. These bad boys will one shot motorcycles with 100% accuracy, and 2 shot their bigger brothers halftracks and pumas. So getting 2 riflemen equipped with these will pose a great threat to axis light vehicles. Wont do shit against tanks but that is what you have stickies for.
Suppression. Costs a lot suppresses a squad. think it will get changed next patch not entirely sure. Think it was a bug fix?

Veterancy
Vet 1 Not important.
Vet 2 Massive increase to grenade range. Another reason not to use launcher grenades.
Vet 3 Better sprint. Vet 3 rifles have a higher chance of rushing a tank and getting a sticky on it.
Vet 4 Nothing important.
Vet 5 Nothing important.

Infantry doctrine can make riflemen cheaper and able to lay sandbags and mines (Without teching mines) Very useful if you have done a push and want to hold what you took with mines. Or just lay sandbags down for Rangers.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Warhawks97

Re: How I see Riflemen

Post by Warhawks97 »

M1 Garand cant shoot on the move?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

tarakancheg

Re: How I see Riflemen

Post by tarakancheg »

Warhawks97 wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 18:33
M1 Garand cant shoot on the move?
It can but the accuracy is small