Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
tarakancheg

Re: Sturmtiger

Post by tarakancheg »

Diablo wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 21:24
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
31 May 2022, 18:28
Should be halved from 200 to a 100 or slightly lower.
Why though?
The Sturmtiger's shot is neither very accurate (especially from medium range upwards), nor is its damage profile hyper reliable.
To be quite honest, the unit is really only effective versus emplacement clusters and dug in infantry. And when properly scouting for approaching mobile arty, infantry casualties can be minimized against this sluggish unit.
Please use ST on beta before posting here. ST in beta is anti-emplacement+always pins infantry currently. Also lowering range will basically increase accuracy beacuse ST uses scatter just like mortars, additionally ST is always out of the dange with 200 range.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Diablo wrote:
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
Why though?
The Sturmtiger's shot is neither very accurate (especially from medium range upwards), nor is its damage profile hyper reliable.
To be quite honest, the unit is really only effective versus emplacement clusters and dug in infantry. And when properly scouting for approaching mobile arty, infantry casualties can be minimized against this sluggish unit.
The huge range does more harm than good to the ST itself, the rocket deviates away from the targetted zone at longer distances.. it doesn't need this much range.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 22:38
Diablo wrote:
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
Why though?
The huge range does more harm than good to the ST itself, the rocket deviates away from the targetted zone at longer distances.. it doesn't need this much range.

True. Also 200 range is more than most other arty has, even more than other SPG arty (when the info about 200 range is correct).

I think that unit has KT armor for a reason and should protect this unit well enough from most weapons. Having 100 range is absolutely fine and still keeps you out of harms way more often than not.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I would not touch the range, if "distance" actually effects ST accuracy much, let there be choice for the player, to hope for a lucky shot.
Imo, making it into the "typical" stupa unit will not help.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

ST can't be typical with Stupa at any rate.. they work differently at every aspect.
There is no point in that much range when u have superior armor.. 100 range would be still higher than Flak88s.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 08:20
I would not touch the range, if "distance" actually effects ST accuracy much, let there be choice for the player, to hope for a lucky shot.
Imo, making it into the "typical" stupa unit will not help.
units like priest have 180 range, neblers and medium arty 150, 105mm arty 225 range. That would be able to countersnipe any artillery it has vision on (which is not too hard when you have a luft player). This unit really doesnt need to be a death star +.

idliketoplaybetter

Again, aiming and hitting are two different things.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 21:31
Again, aiming and hitting are two different things.

Reduce range increases accuracy.

And no, I wouldn't leave it as an option as it gives this unit the option to dominate the artillery game. Counter arty is really not the purpose of this unit.

idliketoplaybetter

All I am saying, is that u guys are making it seem like a problem. When on practice its not. That is a slow non-cheap (for its timing of appearance) garbage that shoots unreliable charges :D

and it is fine

But whatever

Volksgrenadiers

Post by Volksgrenadiers »

Well i like ST but i think its absolutly useless with demage and price thats very stupid idea tu up price on it cuz that 1 shoot high price bullshit and reloading time not cost for that to call it on battle field i used that 1 time from last 20 battles for WH,unless it gat back that dmg from before 1 nerf otherwise there is nothink to talk about when even that 1 shoot cant kill stronger US tank.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Volksgrenadiers wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 23:58
Well i like ST but i think its absolutly useless with demage and price thats very stupid idea tu up price on it cuz that 1 shoot high price bullshit and reloading time not cost for that to call it on battle field i used that 1 time from last 20 battles for WH,unless it gat back that dmg from before 1 nerf otherwise there is nothink to talk about when even that 1 shoot cant kill stronger US tank.
This js your first post in this topic. I don't see any post by you in this topic either
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4599&start=50
So, when people discussed the changes, you didn't participate. Now the change is in the live version and you complain.

bioloniks

Night dating. Easy and simple.

Post by bioloniks »

Leave frames and prejudices behind. Date!
Authentic Ladies