US elite inf

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
berse2212

US elite inf

Post by berse2212 »

Hi there,

just a quick question - why does the US Elite infantry suck so much in long range combat? Both call in units from the Infantry are pretty much useless when you cannot engage close quarters. Everyone else has some elite infantry with LMGs who pretty much shred through US troops before they reach their effective distance.. That makes them so useless in the late game. Is this intentional? Am I missing something? Tips appreciated!

Warhawks97

Re: US elite inf

Post by Warhawks97 »

Rangers with Garand and lmg M1919. Thats so far all. And The enfield commandos with Brens. They are not as deadly as most axis ranged weapons, but they get the job done sometimes.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

Well US can't build enfield commandos.. and Brits already have SAS in that regard.

Didn't try rangers yet but Rangers cost a shit tone of ammo every time you build them.. I rather spend that ammo in arty honestly.

So a commander based around Infantry does suck in Infantry combat? :/

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

inf doc can make weapon upgrades cheaper. Thing is once you start with arty, you will use it till the end. So it might be smart to get cheaper weapons earlier. Costs 80 ammo though+ M6A3C missiles. But if you start to invest early on into it and then going for cheaper inf with rangers, you can get them for 345 MP, low reinforce cost and lmg costs just like 50 ammo or so. And thats all you need.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

ever tried to set them down into green cover with garands and a M1919? With the camo buffs they actually kill enemys really fast, since they have the good garands aswell. Also you got the heavy 30. cal sqaud aswell which speaks for itself.
Nerf Mencius

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

I will give it a shot! Hopefully that helps my salt lol

H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher »

With Rangers, you absolutely have to use the Ranger Captain. Otherwise you'll find yourself losing many fights at range without him.

With the Ranger Captain? You become Shiva, God of Death. You destroy all who walk into your sights. He is your most important unit, keep him alive and make sure he vets to maximize his effectiveness. You won't even need the LMG as long as you have an officer nearby buffing them. Just their volleys can suppress a squad.

Also you obviously win all CQC engagements with Rangers if you slap them with Thompsons. On some maps I like to treat them as really bad STG-44s. It's quite amusing.

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

H.Drescher wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 03:15
With Rangers, you absolutely have to use the Ranger Captain. Otherwise you'll find yourself losing many fights at range without him.

With the Ranger Captain? You become Shiva, God of Death. You destroy all who walk into your sights. He is your most important unit, keep him alive and make sure he vets to maximize his effectiveness. You won't even need the LMG as long as you have an officer nearby buffing them. Just their volleys can suppress a squad.

Also you obviously win all CQC engagements with Rangers if you slap them with Thompsons. On some maps I like to treat them as really bad STG-44s. It's quite amusing.
Great advice thanks! Worked like a charm!

I would love to read up on the aura abilities of some units. It's hard to really tell what they do..

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

berse2212 wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 18:40
I would love to read up on the aura abilities of some units. It's hard to really tell what they do..
Something like this would do? :D

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

MarKr wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 19:17
berse2212 wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 18:40
Something like this would do? :D
Awesome! Thanks so much!