kwok
Team Member

FAQ Plans to include Soviets in BK MOD?

Post by kwok »

No. There are no plans.

Why?

1. A mod already exists for it.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3176 ... ern_Front/

2. BK does not have the permissions to use soviet models/artwork to include in the mod. We will not compromise artistic integrity because we too rely on the unspoken rule that artists don't steal from others. We (as in the entire community not just the dev team) are not dicks.

3. We cater to the PVP community and the amount of effort to balance would be enormous. This mod is old and has a very mature community and meta. Bringing a whole new faction would take efforts away from balancing the game for pvp players to enjoy.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

$teve

Re: FAQ Plans to include Soviets in BK MOD?

Post by $teve »

on the other hand, bringing Russians in, and a german counterpart, would unite all players, currently dispersed through other mods , together.

after many years oh hoping for CoH3, i think it wont come. BK mod IS CoH3....

an in a future expansion, in2 or 3 or 5 years, wecould integrate the Russian part, WITH the help of the EF team. i think its realistic.

agree that balancing would hard, but BK team has the experience and brains. besides, the realistic damage models go a big way towards solving that.

while being on the topic, another fan favourite is a north-african / mediterrean theatr, and here the only logical optiion is the Afrika Korps ! with strong elements from luftwaffe (Crete) , Italian auxiliary, desert skins etc :D

final possibility, off course, the lóóóng run, are the Japs and the asian theatr. but i honestly think that should have a seprate game which captures maritime, " island-hopping" warfare in its own mechanics

but the soviets! guys, imzgine it, it would be perfect! 5he BK result of that implementation would be far superior to the EF version )

thanks & have nice weekend
s.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

There is little to no point of adding Soviets to Bk Mod right now, specifically after the new game called Gates of Hell has been announced (which should have been called Gates of Heaven in my opinion, i like it so much) so no one is going to play a 10 years old game for Soviets when they already get a super well made combination of RTS/FPS playstyles both in one game, not to mention it's a new 2021 release, meaning it would be also much more optimised on modern computers.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

@$teve - you’re not the only one who has asked for the Russians would like them in game, hence why this thread was necessary in the first place.

The devs for BK, like other mods, are unpaid. Theirs is a labor of love and often a thankless task. Because of this, there’s a limit to what they can do and how fast they can make things happen. This is why they implement things by priority, some of which, will likely never happen. That’s why, for example, of 10-15 ideas I may present on the forum, only 6 are considered and only 2 might make it into patches.

And right now - BK has been undergoing a large rework of all four factions and all twelve doctrines. It’s been a painstaking and long process. Should the devs even consider trying to include the Russians it would mean a lot of thar effort may have been for nought. It would mean that the delicate balance between the factions would be even more precarious and hard to maintain. Patches would take longer and be riddled with more bugs simply because of the gargantuan (already as it is in its current state!) amount of files to wade through. And that is before the practical matters of permissions, unit models, animations, coming up with faction design (stay the same or modify Russians/entirely new German faction).

Because of all that, it’s unlikely this idea will ever progress beyond a pipe dream.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

$teve

Post by $teve »

i completely understand guys. but dreaming is a must in life. and i totally respect that the whole mod is an unpaid labor of love.
should we not get a patreon, or what is called this things, so can show some.appreciation to devs?
we all owe them.

i dont see any games coming out, which even equal coh vanilla, forget BK mod. im really appreciating it.

have a good weekend guys (monday day off !!)
br
s

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Based on the latest I heard from devs, no we are not accepting payments or donations. When money gets involved it gets complicated. Passion changes to work, hobbies change to jobs. Money brings politics and stress to something that is basically built out of love. As of now, the direction is to maintain that culture over “advancement”.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

$teve wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 20:47
i dont see any games coming out, which even equal coh vanilla, forget BK mod. im really appreciating it.
Bk Mod is legendary, yes.. and i always believed it's the best ww2 competitive RTS to date.. with Men of War Assault Squad 2 being a rival (better than vCoH but still worse than Bk Mod imo) however, with the announcement of Call To Arms - Gates of Hell then i think it's going to adhere the title, simply the game is just so great for the old Bk Mod to be able to compete anymore.. also has no such desync issues or anything so it's much more polished generally, now Bk Mod comes 2nd. GoH comes at the 1st place, no doubt...

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Big no from me.
BK is way more competetive and i dont thnk the gameplay is any compareable. The only same thing they share is the setting..
Anything else than that their are no similarties for me.
Both games are awesome but BK (for me) gets the competetive cut while Gates of Hell is more of a sandbox game which brings really great fresh air into the RTS ww2 genre.
Nerf Mencius

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

You guys are ridiculous. The games mentioned are definitely good no doubt, I definitely admit that. But none of them are quite like my new favorite game: rAiD sHaDoW LeGeNdS

RAID: Shadow Legends™ is an immersive online experience with everything you'd expect from a brand new RPG title. It's got an amazing storyline, awesome 3D graphics, giant boss fights, PVP battles, and hundreds of never before seen champions to collect and customize.

I never expected to get this level of performance out of a mobile game. Look how crazy the level of detail is on these champions!

RAID: Shadow Legends™ is getting big real fast, so you should definitely get in early. Starting now will give you a huge head start. There's also an upcoming Special Launch Tournament with crazy prizes! And not to mention, this game is absolutely free!

So go ahead and check out the video description to find out more about RAID: Shadow Legends™. There, you will find a link to the store page and a special code to unlock all sorts of goodies. Using the special code, you can get 50,000 Silver immediately, and a FREE Epic Level Champion as part of the new players program, courtesy of course of the RAID: Shadow Legends™ devs.

Just kidding. BK will never sell out. Long live the fuel of hatred to keep the mod alive.

EDIT by MarKr:
Kwok banned for a month for being a sellout and promoting 3rd party software.

I would like to ask all people to refrain from doing any similar stuff and would also like to mention that I was able to post this message online safely thanks to NordVPN™.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

^thank God you were kidding. I started loading my rifle.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

kwok wrote:
20 May 2021, 20:29

RAID: Shadow Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PrHAI1icQ

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Hahahaha