Bizory by Rappatix

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

Bizory by Rappatix

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hi Rappatix;

i can see the changes you made over my revision of the map Bizory (mainly with the strategic points); which are all fine, as far as i have tested.

However; there are a few things i would like to draw your attention about:

1) The main loading screen of your version is the default CoH loading screen, meaning that the original loading screen was lost in your editing process.
I am referring to the following loading screen:

Untitled 1.png
The reason it's very important to maintain this loading screen image, is because it contains credits of the map creators.. as highlighted in the image.
(observe the red arrow)
You can go back to the current live version (v5.3.2) & extract Bizory before your edit.. then take a copy of the loading screen .tga file, and use it when you re-compress your edited version using Corsix.

2) Another thing is the "info description" button, i can see you added your name there:
Untitled.png
That's of course completely fine, however; while the line you added has a nice sense of humor.. it does give a very different idea of the map core.

Originally, Bizory was a winter map with a completely different sector layout painting and features.. so it was revised by me into a summer version, with the current sectors that you seek to modify... So, me mentioning "summer revision by Tiger" means that it's a summer conversion. Not that the revision took place in the summer season. And therefore, if you mention on the other hand "Winter revision by Rappatix" this means that you converted it back into a winter setup, which is obviously not true.

Let's keep humor away from this stuff, please stick to the credits formula.. i'd suggest you add "edited by Rapptix - late 2022"

That said;
i am more than happy to provide advice/guidance or support with your mapping efforts, so feel free to reach out to me in case you needed any help.

idliketoplaybetter

Re: Bizory by Rappatix

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I am not sure how best to address this to Rappa, but I will use tigers post then.

Rappatix, just in case if you are planning to revise any map in near future, there is this map Normandy 2v2. Maybe you could give it a touch. The map itself is quite descent, aside of the River that basically cuts left part of the map and movement between the players.

What if we could imagine that map without river and bridges? I am preety sure that would add up on a pool of good playable 2v2 maps.

Just as a proposition. I asked tiger about this like year ago, but either he is very very busy or map wasnt worth it. Unsure.

Maybe your eye will catch a way to fix it and it wont take long to just get rid of that river and few tweeks.

Cheers.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 08:43
I am not sure how best to address this to Rappa, but I will use tigers post then.

Rappatix, just in case if you are planning to revise any map in near future, there is this map Normandy 2v2. Maybe you could give it a touch. The map itself is quite descent, aside of the River that basically cuts left part of the map and movement between the players.

What if we could imagine that map without river and bridges? I am preety sure that would add up on a pool of good playable 2v2 maps.

Just as a proposition. I asked tiger about this like year ago, but either he is very very busy or map wasnt worth it. Unsure.

Maybe your eye will catch a way to fix it and it wont take long to just get rid of that river and few tweeks.

Cheers.
Hey,

i was discussing with Rappa over this post on Discord DMs, & just yesterday (by coincidence); i informed everyone in a private mapping section that i will be revising Normandy 4p for the next release, possibly in addition to 1 or 2 more maps as well.

If i get the time to finish Normandy 4p before the release of 5.3.2.1 then maybe it can be included.. let's see.

idliketoplaybetter

Hello,

Oh, wow, cool. Thank you all who is still participating on any kind of creativity around this game. No matter what results are, it is really amazing.

I wish I could assist on this matter, map or else, but it is yet unreachable for me due to life conditions.

Best and stay safe.

rappatix

Post by rappatix »

Actually, Idliketoplaybetter, you could help me in finding maps that are in need of a revision or balancing. There are a ton of maps that needs balancing. I've played on them myself but always forget to write them down in my list of unbalanced maps when the games are over... xD

idliketoplaybetter

If only I could, believe me, irony is year or so ago, I was gathering people to test random workbench maps with me and literally had list of passable one's, sorted by dsynch and playability categories..

Once I be able to start my PC and game, hopefully not just for a few hours, I will gladly join you.
It's just I don't play at all or much lately (sadly) just forum I can visit as social place from my phone : D