Call in tanks fuel cost

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Sgtsmith501

Call in tanks fuel cost

Post by Sgtsmith501 »

Does it strike anyone else a tad odd that some off map call in tanks cost fuel while most don't? Correct me if I'm wrong but is it only Royal Artillery which has a call in tank (two 76er Sherman's) with a fuel cost? I feel like honestly either they all should cost fuel or not at all. Maybe it's just me

Consti255

Re: Call in tanks fuel cost

Post by Consti255 »

Agreed.

Also i would like higher Fuel cost for Tanks and lesser MP cost.
Nerf Mencius

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I think this was brought up before and the devs answer was that call-ins are balanced around their respective doctrine's unit availability as well as intended resource management.
In short: just because some doctrine has fuel free tank call-ins that doesn't mean all need to have that.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

in my opinion, fuel free tanks in general makes it harder to balance these. But anyways, most of them dont have a huge impact on the game. Just aces that come back and back even when cutting your opponents of from fuel and fighting long last stands can be annoying as, esspecially when the enemie once rushed for them, you can be sure that you will encounter tanks from then on till the end of the game even when your enemie lost all fuel points.

Personally, i got happy with every tank that became a fuel costing tank. The ammount of fuel free mega tanks had been quite huge in older versions.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
06 May 2021, 15:53
Personally, i got happy with every tank that became a fuel costing tank. The ammount of fuel free mega tanks had been quite huge in older versions.
Agreed 100%. No tank should come without the cost of fuel. It makes cutting of your opponents fuel senseless.

Red

Post by Red »

I see no-fuel call-ins as good, because on most maps I know there is not perfect symmetry when it comes to fuel points. Additionally, there is no symmetry for fuel income across factions and doctrines. Lastly, it means that one needs a different strategy, so the "I take all fuel point and the it's a win" might not apply in all cases, which makes for more variaty.
Therefore, I am in favor of keeping no fuel call ins (and give def doc back the Elephant ;) )

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Red wrote:
16 May 2021, 07:02
I see no-fuel call-ins as good, because on most maps I know there is not perfect symmetry when it comes to fuel points. Additionally, there is no symmetry for fuel income across factions and doctrines. Lastly, it means that one needs a different strategy, so the "I take all fuel point and the it's a win" might not apply in all cases, which makes for more variaty.
Therefore, I am in favor of keeping no fuel call ins (and give def doc back the Elephant ;) )
on the other hand one side can just relax and dont fight for vital fuel points (the fight itself can consume vast ammounts of ressources) and instead just wait for the fuel free tanks.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Red wrote:
Elefant should stay in SE doc, in my opinion.

Red

Post by Red »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
16 May 2021, 18:44
Red wrote:
Elefant should stay in SE doc, in my opinion.
I am not saying that SE should not have the Elefant.
I am saying that Def should have the Elefant back.
I see absolutely no reason why one Wehrmacht and one PanzerElite Doc should not have the same tank (King Tiger, Tiger, ... already are in both)