Apply parameters to Blitzkrieg Mod Launcher?

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
ToxicTechpriest

Apply parameters to Blitzkrieg Mod Launcher?

Post by ToxicTechpriest »

Hey guys, apparently I'm the only one with that issue.
Whenever I try to launch CoH (through Steam or from Folder) I get a blackscreen with just the Cursor and the menu music playing. I can even click the menu points but I simply can't see what is happening. I found a solution for that by adding -minvidmem 0 to the filename of RelicCOH.exe.
That fixed the main game but since I can't apply this to the Steam Blitzkrieg Launcher, I still get the same blackscreen bug. Is there a way to tell the Blitzkrieg Launcher to use this parameter when launching the Mod? I tried adding it to the Steam entries and even to the .exe but it just complains that RelicCOH.exe is missing, redownloads it and I get the blackscreen again. :/
Thanks in advance!

Diablo

Re: Apply parameters to Blitzkrieg Mod Launcher?

Post by Diablo »

Add it to the vanilla COH launch options and also use "-mod blitzkrieg" without the ".
Then you can start the mod with your fix just by clicking on vanilla COH in steam.

Cheers

ToxicTechpriest

Post by ToxicTechpriest »

Hey, thank you for your hint!
Currently I can only launch vanilla CoH by adding the -minvidmem 0 parameter directly to the file name (as seen in the attached screenshot) and launching the .exe directly from the folder with Steam running in the background.
Adding the same parameter through the Steam settings doesn't work unfortunately, so I can't launch CoH through Steam at all without having the Blackscreen bug.
I have also tried to add the mod parameter to the file name but it just launches vanilla CoH. :/

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Generally i would add launch parameters to the command line field in the file settings of a shortcut.
Do you know what i mean?
Looks like "C:\Program Files\Steam\CoH\RelicCOH.exe" -minvidmem 0 -refresh144 -mod blitzkrieg