A Typical day in BK

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

A Typical day in BK

Post by Warhawks97 »

Me and Tara hosted a game. First neueville as axis.... no one ever joined.

Then i made a bet that people come when i host high valley people will join. So people joined and left when seeing our stats. These two however stayed.

Now take a look. Me and tara could only laugh zynically about it and made jokes.

That MicroKroco had 79/24 as WH and 67/24 as WH. So it is a "skilled player", just saying. But these are sadly the only players left in BK to play with.
Attachments
4p_highvalley.2022-03-24.22-19-01.rec
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt

tarakancheg

Re: A Typical day in BK

Post by tarakancheg »

https://youtu.be/PZdzlGfO5dg
A YT version no one asked for.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

interesting.. so the early 105 howitzer couldn't save the Axis player... Not just that, but thx to this game now we know that AT guns somehow still has 100% chance to hit howitzers, as we can see Tara's 6pdr killed the 105 howitzer in 2 precise hits... What was Hawks complaining about again?? Or is it that he is doing that just for the sake of complaining even when he wins?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 00:27
interesting.. so the early 105 howitzer couldn't save the Axis player... Not just that, but thx to this game now we know that AT guns somehow still has 100% chance to hit howitzers, as we can see Tara's 6pdr killed the 105 howitzer in 2 precise hits... What was Hawks complaining about again?? Or is it that he is doing that just for the sake of complaining even when he wins?

because we expected it and went full aggressive.We made jokes about what would come at us: Armored cars, pak and HMG. So we didnt want to stick in a long game. If Öli hadnt put his tank in front of my AT gun we would have died. One 57 mm saved the day. So we went a full all or nothing approach and combined our forces. But in all other scenarios and without tara i wouldnt have even started this game. So it was just because i had one of the very few skilled players next to me that still have the ability to play micro rather than arty games that i dared to launch this game. Over the past few weeks every other game on this map ended in a loss that i didnt save because i left in rage. If you want, i will upload every other game like this that i lose due to nonstop arty.

Also AT guns got not affacted, they still hit stuff like this nicely. Also howitzer use different TT from paks which i didnt know back then.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Tara is good player, all I can say to this.

Rest is just nonsense blabbing
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 06:35
Tara is good player, all I can say to this.

Rest is just nonsense blabbing
well, he will tell you the same. Ask him if you dont believe me. He said BK games are as follows:
1. Capture mid and camp with HMG/PAKS
2. Get arty
3. Get tanks
4. Get bigger tanks
5. Repeatt point 1-4 untill you win

And the sad thing about this is that this is the truth.

He even said that pretty much every game he uploads is the same. And the worst games are not even uploaded, only every fourth is worth an upload. The others are even worse in terms of arty madness. He also said that he once had passion for BK but its lost now due to how the games end up everytime. Now he is looking arround for mods like "Europe in Ruins" which has a much greater strategic and tactical depth. I also keep loosing my passion after literally every game i play sometimes resulting in a month long break from BK because i am tired of this dogshit matches.

I hosted a game at Neueville. Me and Tara axis and standard res. In half an hour only one joined and left. Then i changed map to this one, placed us on ally side and put High Res. Suddenly players came in but left when seeing our combined stats. But shortly after these two joined. He said playing BK today against players is playing like vs bots. Open up with HMG/Pak/Armored cars, lock down sectors, get arty and tanks asap. When our enemie asked for a rematch you can see Tara refused by saying that its pointless because their strat wouldnt change at all and he didnt want to fight yet another arty party game at midnight.

BK has only one sort of players left: HR tunnel map campers with instant arty. Every sane player is gone. Thats why you see the same games hosted over and over. Bloody Gulch or la fiere with Wurf and his buddies, Ete and his budies at la fiere, Sturm and Psylo at Bizory (small map where you can base camp untill rocket arty comes in) or BIgBoss and or this other dude at High Valley.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Warhawks97 wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 22:31

Then i made a bet that people come when i host high valley people will join. So people joined and left when seeing our stats. These two however stayed.

Now take a look. Me and tara could only laugh zynically about it and made jokes.

That MicroKroco had 79/24 as WH and 67/24 as WH. So it is a "skilled player", just saying. But these are sadly the only players left in BK to play with.
there are no players left because of the terrible changes they make, I played a game again yesterday, I just got bored

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

There isn't much to discuss with Tara about, as we see this almost identically.

Playing fun, optimal and jerky alike pro meta strats, that is all what left for majority of players.

Good players can do everything, rest just one of the three or lose.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Shanks wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 11:51
Warhawks97 wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 22:31

there are no players left because of the terrible changes they make, I played a game again yesterday, I just got bored

A lot of good players that i knew have left due to the silly arty parties we never managed to get under controle or used the wrong ways to do so. I can name a long list of players that are either gone entirely or stay away for month just to come back to see that arty parties are still the thing. Yet we can up to this day acquire 105 arty for 2 CP that cost less MP than a lot of inf units in this game and less fuel than many vehicles. Make the calculation: 375 MP and 25 fuel, one 50 ammp barrage. One hit might kill a british inf squad right away: Check, it payed off. Any other way to eliminate a brit inf squad entirely would likely require a lot more effort and resulting in own heavy losses.

idliketoplaybetter wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 11:58
There isn't much to discuss with Tara about, as we see this almost identically.

Playing fun, optimal and jerky alike pro meta strats, that is all what left for majority of players.

Good players can do everything, rest just one of the three or lose.
So? I wonder if you have ever even understood what we are trying to discuss and say.

Krieger Blitzer

Arty situation at Bk Mod right now is better than it has ever been before.. the upkeep is working great, and arty units are well placed... There were times when it was much worse.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 12:02
Arty situation at Bk Mod right now is better than it has ever been before.. the upkeep is working great, and arty units are well placed... There were times when it was much worse.
yes, when the Wespe only cost 360 MP, 40 fuel, 3 CP and 35 per barrage. Boy, that had been days. I think that was back in 2012-2014 or so before wolf took over. Then Arty situation improved a bit first, true. But today it seems like being totally reverted. Artillery is so dump cheap and early available and despite the upkeep people spend all their ammo on them. Why should they do anything else when its so easy and most cost effective way to spend ammo.

So to me, i dont feel like anything has improved. Facing a 105 four mins into the game that keeps shooting till the end of days or untill it gets killed somehow isnt an "improvmemt" lmao.
That said, playing standard res games helps a bit to overcome instant camping and artillery. HR games just accelerated the arty rush.

Krieger Blitzer

Good luck rushing the Wespe as PS doc.. i nearly never see it in any games to begin with.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 12:46
Good luck rushing the Wespe as PS doc.. i nearly never see it in any games to begin with.
pls, read everything. I know that nobody uses wespe in TS doc.

You said:
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 12:02
I said:
Warhawks97 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 12:20
yes, when the Wespe only cost 360 MP, 40 fuel, 3 CP and 35 per barrage. Boy, that had been days. I think that was back in 2012-2014 or so before wolf took over.
I answered to your question.

Tiger: "Arty Situation improved"
Warhawks: "When compared to the days when SE got Wespe for 360/40 back in 2012-2014, then yes, but only temporarily."

But thx for reminding me about current Wespe. I completely forgot about it :D

TS Wespe and US Priest are the only balanced pieces of arty in BK.
Priest cost 8 CP, 580/85 and fuel upkeep. Its perfectly balanced.
Wespe cost 8 CP, i think 500 MP and some 50 fuel but 80 per barrage.

These two arty units are balanced because you only get them late and only when needed.

Thats why i said:
Stationary Howitzer: 4 CP, 450/50 and 1-2 fuel upkeep and like 65- 70 (80-95 for long range ammo type) mun per barrage but in return like 300-350 range
SPG´s with 105mm 6-8 CP 580/80, 3-4 fuel upkeep and 65-70 mun (80-95 for long range ammo) per barrage and also arround 250-300 range.
Hummel 7-8 CP, 600 MP/100 fuel, 5-6 fuel upkeep, 105-115 mun (120-135 for long range ammo) per barrage, 300-350 range.

Nebelwerfer:
350 MP
75 ammo for 150 mm nebler per barrage, 1 fuel upkeep.
85 ammo for 210 nebler per barrage, 1 fuel upkeep
100 for walking stuka and Maultier per barrage, 2-3 fuel upkeep.

So in short:
Make arty the way US Pirest and PS doc Wespe is: Nicely balanced.

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Warhawks97 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 11:46

BK has only one sort of players left: HR tunnel map campers with instant arty. Every sane player is gone. Thats why you see the same games hosted over and over. Bloody Gulch or la fiere with Wurf and his buddies, Ete and his budies at la fiere, Sturm and Psylo at Bizory (small map where you can base camp untill rocket arty comes in) or BIgBoss and or this other dude at High Valley.
Bloody gulch is tunnel map? :D If i play luft - its problem, if i play sometime SE - its very big problem :D what i must play, to make you all happy. Maybe free win... it will be sufficient?
Furthermore, it would probably be better to try join to any game, with your friends, if you have any, or to make an effort and invite your friends to the game, but not then to set up an unnecessary topic on the forum. The biggest problem of this mode is, and i hope we both agree that, there are not so many good players in the community, that the game vs. him would satisfy me.

as I wrote somewhere here on the forum, I change the maps every night and really - no one has fear to ask me that they would like to play another map. But the fear of loosing is maybe probably stronger, I understand ...or I can't explain it, at all...
Wurf wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 18:50
My every game night I spin maps, I start with bloody, continue with cherburg or lafiere and then for example hill112 revised etc. or 4v4 map. Maybe it would be better for you to come into the game more often and walk with me the 5-6hour wheel ingame ... if the players will be online ;)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wurf wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 13:25

Bloody gulch is tunnel map? :D If i play luft - its problem, if i play sometime SE - its very big problem :D what i must play, to make you all happy. Maybe free win... it will be sufficient?
Furthermore, it would probably be better to try join to any game, with your friends, if you have any, or to make an effort and invite your friends to the game, but not then to set up an unnecessary topic on the forum. The biggest problem of this mode is, and i hope we both agree that, there are not so many good players in the community, that the game vs. him would satisfy me.

as I wrote somewhere here on the forum, I change the maps every night and really - no one has to ask me that they would like to play another map. But the fear of loosing is maybe probably stronger, I understand ...or I can't explain it, at all...
Wurf wrote:
My every game night I spin maps, I start with bloody, continue with cherburg or lafiere and then for example hill112 revised etc. or 4v4 map. Maybe it would be better for you to come into the game more often and walk with me the 5-6hour wheel ingame ... if the players will be online ;)

Bloody gulch for 3 vs 3 is tiny and everything is close togethter. Its not tunnel map but has few important and tiny chockepoints easy to defend and camp. Most of the time i do know the location of where scout cars get set up, that an HMG is placed in that tower like building and so on. A 105 is set up near the base and fires at the flanks, usually southern flank, to drive enemies away from ammo/fuel.

If you played one game there, you know all games. I literally know the locations where you will put your scout cars, your mortar HT, krads and HMG´s on all maps you mentioned.

Bloody gulch is HMG into tower, Krad in front near the hedgrow and ammo point, scout cars to lock ammo at the houses and between the hedgerows, mortar HT south covered by locked down scout cars and hedgeriws, lots of 23 mm cars like 2 or 3.... then fallis if your mate got arty or hummel rush.

Hill 112? Lock right hand side fuel and mid ammo with scout cars, put up 37 mm pak, mortar HT, arty + tanks

La fiere? Lock fuel point, capture strategic point in front of it and get 50 mm AT, 23 mm car, Grens into trenches, krad in front, perhaps sniper and schwimmwagen and mortar HT asap. Mate locks mid ammo and goes arty, you drop fallis on top of everything. To be honest i dont like to join your games anymore all that often but often times no other is open and if, then its ete and johnnyboy hosting la fiere or goodwood for arty party.

Then i host game like rosmalen but i am either alone for the entire day, esspecially when i host as axis, or i get some random dudes, totally new to BK against which i have to play 1 vs 2 occassionally and still get bored.

You asking for my mates? Most are gone. I am happy to get Erich to play sometimes but often he is arround with illa. Sometimes Sgt. Smith comes in but didnt get him for the past 2 months or so.

So i either play repetetive games against the same guys and same arty strats or i join new random players which sometimes build defenses arround their base and stuff like that.

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Well, if you always know it so well, who would do what, when, where, then it should always be an easy win for you and the others, which I did not notice that it would happen. maybe there will be the problem...and there is nothing left but to say that it is boring, unstrategic and spoken with other excuses.

Look, every player is different ... I love small maps when fighting is intense, fast and crazy. on the other hand, I understand that someone wants to play on open maps, when on the other hand it's very slow, boring and unsatisfactory for me - however, I do not condemn it.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

There are many players that i enjoy facing or play with to be honest.
Wurf is challangeing from time to time, even i know excatly his playstyle on the named maps, his micro is good of his FSR5, aswell his timing can catch you out of guard.
Even tho his playstyle is boring on ceratin maps, he plays the recent Luft pretty right.
With fast and heavy Luft drops.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wurf wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 13:53
Well, if you always know it so well, who would do what, when, where, then it should always be an easy win for you and the others, which I did not notice that it would happen. maybe there will be the problem...and there is nothing left but to say that it is boring, unstrategic and spoken with other excuses.

Look, every player is different ... I love small maps when fighting is intense, fast and crazy. on the other hand, I understand that someone wants to play on open maps, when on the other hand it's very slow, boring and unsatisfactory for me - however, I do not condemn it.

its absolutely predictable, but still there is little counter. As said, instant camp mode requires to get stuff to break it which requires more tec and cost. But then again arty by a second player is up so quickly already. So essentially its like this: You go camp mode, your buddy gets arty, you drop fallis quickly everywhere. So first thing is to somehow survive arty madness, find ways to counter your fallis by going M16 and shermans and then grinding you down slowly. Once AA is up and shermans and m20 out to repell the falli drops, its literally over.

But doing exactly the same thing, same maps with same spots to place the units is nothing i could do every time. I would get bored after a while. And i dont consider your games "fast". Rather "instant camp mode" turning into "intense" and "crazy" arty games with a ww1 style slow grind down. Its "fast over" since the majority of players have no answer to that.

I also like fast and intense games. But i understand something different with that. I also dont have problems with games ending quickly as long as its based in interesting micro of units and various types of units and not just artillery that quickly wins a battle within 10-15 mins.

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Warhawks97 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 14:25

its absolutely predictable, but still there is little counter. As said, instant camp mode requires to get stuff to break it which requires more tec and cost. But then again arty by a second player is up so quickly already. So essentially its like this: You go camp mode, your buddy gets arty, you drop fallis quickly everywhere. So first thing is to somehow survive arty madness, find ways to counter your fallis by going M16 and shermans and then grinding you down slowly. Once AA is up and shermans and m20 out to repell the falli drops, its literally over.
- You can do this same, when you don't know how to play against it, and not to bother developers what's worse, what should change and still discussi about nothing...
Warhawks97 wrote:
But doing exactly the same thing, same maps with same spots to place the units is nothing i could do every time. I would get bored after a while. And i dont consider your games "fast". Rather "instant camp mode" turning into "intense" and "crazy" arty games with a ww1 style slow grind down. Its "fast over" since the majority of players have no answer to that.
- I didn't mean "fast" as the game is decided in 10 minutes, but "fast" that you have to move somewhere with the units, be able to use the right weapons quickly, etc.
Warhawks97 wrote:
I also like fast and intense games. But i understand something different with that. I also dont have problems with games ending quickly as long as its based in interesting micro of units and various types of units and not just artillery that quickly wins a battle within 10-15 mins.
- I haven't seen a game where artillery decides this in 20 minutes, most of them are wear and tear fights, where wins experience and mental endurance ;)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wurf wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 19:34

- You can do this same, when you don't know how to play against it, and not to bother developers what's worse, what should change and still discussi about nothing...
The sad news are that i do use this tactic as well sometimes. I just feel pitty for my opponents when i rain down 105 and 150 arty nonstop on them and my Grille ends up with 200 kills. Its really boring.

- I didn't mean "fast" as the game is decided in 10 minutes, but "fast" that you have to move somewhere with the units, be able to use the right weapons quickly, etc.
"move" is a good word. 90% of players move at best 1 unit at a time. 99% of their units just sit there in camp mode, move perhaps a few meters back or forth but other than that arty arround like a madman. Their opponents also move just 1 unit at a time because there is nothing else left they can move.
- I haven't seen a game where artillery decides this in 20 minutes, most of them are wear and tear fights, where wins experience and mental endurance ;)
i did. Many actually. The only reason the games take longer than 15 mins is because one engineer unit is still alive. Players are too scared to attack them and rather fire another three nebler and 105 salvos at it to make sure its absolutely dead.
In my last 4 vs 4 this situation happaned. I had one jeep and one engieer unit still alive. I already wrote gg. But enemie kept shooting with even more arty. In the end i recovered by just spamming rifles for 175 MP untill they ran out of ammo after like 45 mins.
Most games would end after 15 mins because during during 10 out of these 15 mins arty has killed everything. But arty players dont move much so they dont take the ground they have obliterated 20 times over, back and forth.

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Warhawks97 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 19:46
The sad news are that i do use this tactic as well sometimes. I just feel pitty for my opponents when i rain down 105 and 150 arty nonstop on them and my Grille ends up with 200 kills. Its really boring.
- the opposite is true for me - it's very pleasing and fun :)
Warhawks97 wrote:
"move" is a good word. 90% of players move at best 1 unit at a time. 99% of their units just sit there in camp mode, move perhaps a few meters back or forth but other than that arty arround like a madman. Their opponents also move just 1 unit at a time because there is nothing else left they can move.
- Maybe someone with this 1 unit can be able to capture the moment, attack and crush the enemy regiment of the army - it's very pleasing and fun :)
Warhawks97 wrote:
i did. Many actually. The only reason the games take longer than 15 mins is because one engineer unit is still alive. Players are too scared to attack them and rather fire another three nebler and 105 salvos at it to make sure its absolutely dead.
In my last 4 vs 4 this situation happaned. I had one jeep and one engieer unit still alive. I already wrote gg. But enemie kept shooting with even more arty. In the end i recovered by just spamming rifles for 175 MP untill they ran out of ammo after like 45 mins.
Most games would end after 15 mins because during during 10 out of these 15 mins arty has killed everything. But arty players dont move much so they dont take the ground they have obliterated 20 times over, back and forth.
- maybe you should play against real players, so this doesn't happen to you, as you wrote here recently, it's not pleasing and fun :) :
Warhawks97 wrote:
Then i host game like rosmalen but i am either alone for the entire day, esspecially when i host as axis, or i get some random dudes, totally new to BK against which i have to play 1 vs 2 occassionally and still get bored.

Sgtsmith501

Post by Sgtsmith501 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 13:37
Wurf wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 13:25

as I wrote somewhere here on the forum, I change the maps every night and really - no one has to ask me that they would like to play another map. But the fear of loosing is maybe probably stronger, I understand ...or I can't explain it, at all...
Wurf wrote:

Bloody gulch for 3 vs 3 is tiny and everything is close togethter. Its not tunnel map but has few important and tiny chockepoints easy to defend and camp. Most of the time i do know the location of where scout cars get set up, that an HMG is placed in that tower like building and so on. A 105 is set up near the base and fires at the flanks, usually southern flank, to drive enemies away from ammo/fuel.

If you played one game there, you know all games. I literally know the locations where you will put your scout cars, your mortar HT, krads and HMG´s on all maps you mentioned.

Bloody gulch is HMG into tower, Krad in front near the hedgrow and ammo point, scout cars to lock ammo at the houses and between the hedgerows, mortar HT south covered by locked down scout cars and hedgeriws, lots of 23 mm cars like 2 or 3.... then fallis if your mate got arty or hummel rush.

Hill 112? Lock right hand side fuel and mid ammo with scout cars, put up 37 mm pak, mortar HT, arty + tanks

La fiere? Lock fuel point, capture strategic point in front of it and get 50 mm AT, 23 mm car, Grens into trenches, krad in front, perhaps sniper and schwimmwagen and mortar HT asap. Mate locks mid ammo and goes arty, you drop fallis on top of everything. To be honest i dont like to join your games anymore all that often but often times no other is open and if, then its ete and johnnyboy hosting la fiere or goodwood for arty party.

You asking for my mates? Most are gone. I am happy to get Erich to play sometimes but often he is arround with illa. Sometimes Sgt. Smith comes in but didnt get him for the past 2 months or so.

So i either play repetetive games against the same guys and same arty strats or i join new random players which sometimes build defenses arround their base and stuff like that.
Still alive and kicking, just not on bk as much