Beta 1v1 la fiere

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
tarakancheg

Beta 1v1 la fiere

Post by tarakancheg »

Tarakancheg (RAF) vs Sgtsmith(Prop).
Out of this game it became clear that you need 8 cp for SAS crawl (2cp for sas, 4 for glider upgrades, and other 2 for defensive training to get the crawl). When you can get an achiless, airstrike and first glider upgrade and still have 1 cp left.
I suggest moving crawl unlock behind sabotage unlock making it 5 cp, so you can use sas for sabotage and triangulation beacons before the map is swarmed by spotting units/aa/HE vehicles.
Attachments
temp.rec
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Beta 1v1 la fiere

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I played a couple of games as well, gotta say that SAS is pretty much useless unlock now, they will barely ever be used. In fact they were better before the initial change that gave them 2 CP availability and weapon packages. Also, it is sad that marines are gone from the glider. Even though I don't like the current "always go for SAS" meta, I think that new changes just made Raf even more boring.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I agree with you tara, but overall i think RaF is back with beeing a doc that requires skill to make and gives you really high rewards, when it comes to late game units.
Ive posted a possible change for the new SAS sqaud, which i personally really like, but could be tweaked a little bit here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&p=41570#p41570
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

tarakancheg wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 16:12
Out of this game it became clear that you need 8 cp for SAS crawl (2cp for sas, 4 for glider upgrades, and other 2 for defensive training to get the crawl). When you can get an achiless, airstrike and first glider upgrade and still have 1 cp left.
I suggest moving crawl unlock behind sabotage unlock making it 5 cp, so you can use sas for sabotage and triangulation beacons before the map is swarmed by spotting units/aa/HE vehicles.
tarakancheg wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 16:12
Carefully placing my suggestion for RAF in this thread. (The CP cost are ofc debatable)

Didnt expect SAS crawl to be locked behind this many CP. I am still hoping SAS gets its own tree instead of being a free floating single unlock that has no real depth.
Attachments
Royal Air Force (Proposal).jpg
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

From what I saw in that video:

28:02 - chat goes "8CP for crawl - 2 sas - 4 glider - 2 cover - just - why"

28:32 - activates crawl, gives orders to build mines while invisible and reinforcing from the air at the same time. About 10 seconds later getting shot at while building more mines, cancelling the build just to get immediately invisible again and reinforcing killed soldiers.

29:11 - Pios stepping on one of the mines that had been planted from camo, while SAS keeps hidden with no cover around, reinforcing from the air. Pios retreat, ST reverses out of sight, SAS building another mine while invisible.

30:10 - chat goes "8CP is a rocket strike btw"

34:15 - SAS having 15 infantry kills, out of which about 3 were made with their Stens, rest were just those sneaky mines...

35:20 - ST got damaged engine by Gammon bomb from SAS dropped right behind the ST. Managed to completely immobilize it later and overrun it with AT commandos

Just the ammount of annoyance they caused once they got the crawl - it was the first time in a long time I've seen someone use the minesweeper. You used the SAS most often for general combat, where they don't excel anymore, even without the crawl you used them at one point as spotters (near bush + passive camo), you could have used them to sneak the radios way behind the lines, and to quick cap points to disrupt resource income for your opponent (even if just for a while) and none of that was used. If you only want to use them with the crawl ability, then next time you should unlock them after you get the cover training.

But I understand it was a test game to see the changes and you didn't know what CPs you needed to get the crawl so the first experience was confusing.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

First, I have to say that I love the comandos anti tank squad, they are really strong with 2 zookas and 1 piat plus smoke, at the other hand they are not broken since the size of the squad is 4 men and they can’t reinforce like SAS.
I haven’t play the beta too much but this is what I think about SAS:
I feel like they are not a front unit no more, they loose a lot of fire power, I can see some BK players disappointed about it.
What I would do to make this unit useful and not broken and also make players to use comandos:
1- Limit SAS to 1 squad and increase the size of the squad to 6 and give them the same load-out they have before(LMG) not the AT load-out.
2- keep the new sabotage abilities
3- They can infiltrate the enemies territory as paratroopers but after landing give them the ability to crawl and remove air reinforce ability (I think that combination is way too strong for any unit in the game) any ways RAF can drop a glider anywhere on the map to reinforce troops in enemies territory.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Guys, for real, crawl ability and air reinforce ability can’t be together, even for a small squad with SMG, that is too strong and painful to face.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Haven't had a chance to try BETA yet (should be able soon) but i agree that crawl + reinforce should never be a thing.. crawling could require less CP in return.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MEFISTO wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 16:01
Guys, for real, crawl ability and air reinforce ability can’t be together, even for a small squad with SMG, that is too strong and painful to face.
nah. Its good.
If we keep their firepower that low, its fine.
Nerf Mencius