2v2 on a properly sized map

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
kwok
Team Member

2v2 on a properly sized map

Post by kwok »

A really fun game on a classic map. If only I recorded the communications for this game, there's strategic conversation that would have NEVER made sense in a 3v3 on this map. We talked about things like attacking unprepared ground, flanking weapon teams, questioning CP unlocks that deviate from a basic meta, focusing fronts and giving up fronts, giving up ground to regroup, all these things that would make no sense on a 3v3 on this map.

Did we play optimally? No, because we were playing for fun. And that's the beauty of playing this way... we didn't have to resort to some meta in order to stay in the game. We played strategically and adopted a playstyle that was fun and was still successful. The enemy played just as well, but probably lost because we had the benefit of communication.

Players always posting replays to prove their point. Here's mine and more to come. I'll be putting my wins and losses on decent sized maps.

My suggestion is to watch this game on one side with fog of war. If you open all vision it's really easy to say "oh that player should've done this and that and this and that". You don't know these things one what shold've been done unless you're just as blind in the moment to the full front. That's what lets you do strategies on maps that are big enough.
Attachments
temp - Copy (4).rec
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Re: 2v2 on a properly sized map

Post by Walderschmidt »

Will watch when I can.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Re: 2v2 on a properly sized map

Post by Warhawks97 »

I wonder why axis at min 3:44 have captured all points arround the fuel point, but not the fuel point.

Watching till min 11. I wonder why neither of the two allied OPed the fuel point and coolstantin going for supply yard and an upgrade first rather than starting to bump out some tanks. Stug Life threw his units to death just as he did in Tigars video. He also teched for storms and wasted many of them. At that point i would have gone straight for shermans and pushing into their base from the left side. Jeep first to reveal any possible AT threats or just drop an AB recon to scout and then go in with shermans. Usually Coolstantin gets a sherman out quick. This time it seems that both sides refused to go for any armor.

Till Min 18 Coolstantin was just wasting his res. He drops a 101st: dead vs Halftrack. He drops a 57 mm AT gun: Instantly whiped out. If he had spend all this into tanks.... damn that would have been 10 times as effective. Coolstantin did the same mistake as I and Tigar did. He Choosed AB doc only to suffer. At about min 20 he is completely lost and out of options and his army was obliterated! The Funny thing is: In both games, Tigars and this one, Allied had map controle and still couldnt maintain it unlike other docs would do that.

Perhaps we create a new game mode called "AB Survival game" where you start with 70% map controle but can only play AB doc. And then you somehow have to survive and win the game.

And if Stug Life would have simply gone for tanks rather than storms while tara would focuse on inf to secure points, allied would have been forced to get Tanks and TDs much earlier. I wouldnt even dare to play 20 mins without unlocking a Tank at all or a TD as allied.

And holy Fuck: I dont get what stug life is doing. Like sometimes he does bad ass with his demo squad but then again: He Tecs for Stormtroopers but never gets a leader squad out to call an off map mortar strike. And when he gets the AT gun down he runs two tanks into the same ambushed TD that already killed a Tank prior to those two. Like there is one TD on the map and he drives two into this one in a row despite knowing its location. Why for fuck sake he doesnt just get a god damn maultier and some Tanks.... duh....

Min 39: I love it everytime how perfectly flanked Panthers just dont die because Front armor.

I also love the fact that Prop doc becomes kinda helpless if they dont get arty and Tanks soon enough. At some point their infantry just gets smoked no matter what. Tara previously told to me that Prop doc doesnt really give you anything back for all the efforts. At the end he also said he sould have gone BK doc.
Build more AA Walderschmidt