[5.2.9] 2v2 Bretonneux Kwok & Wald vs Dondreon & Echo

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Walderschmidt

[5.2.9] 2v2 Bretonneux Kwok & Wald vs Dondreon & Echo

Post by Walderschmidt »

2v2 Bretonneux Kwok, Me, vs Don, Echo title picture.PNG
2v2 Bretonneux Kwok, Me, vs Don, Echo title picture.PNG (10.83 KiB) Viewed 673 times
Highlights:

1) Lots of Storms
2) Big Dick Bundled Grenade Action
3) Overly Spicy RAF Drops
4) The Little Pershing That Didn't
5) Rambo Tetarch Almost Solos a Panther
6) Rambo Cromwell

Here's the timelapse (shortened video mostly showing the tactical map and highlights).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z46H8r4Kmo0

Here's the replay:
4p_bretonneux.2021-08-24.02-10-54.rec
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
GG Echo and Don! Enjoy!

Wald
Last edited by Walderschmidt on 01 Sep 2021, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Re: [5.2.9] 2v2 Bretonneux Kwok & Wald vs Dondreon & Echo

Post by Warhawks97 »

When playing two times BK doc, maybe one focuses on tanks and the other on inf. But both sides stormtroopers did well.
Wald you should perhaps get the leader storm squad a bit earlier.

Echo had reall trouble finding into the game. His assault with two 76 shermans and combat engis in the middle of the game was a complete desaster. Both staying there just to be taken out by one pak.

The 76 mm US AT gun seems to be a bit too effective vs Jumbos. Each time they have no issues killing the Jumbo. In one scenraio the pak 40 bounces while the 76 mm goes through like a hot knife through butter. After Jumbo had died you just had to spam a bunch of panzer IV´s and finish the game. 1K MP and over 100 fuel.

And RAF is all about SAS again and in this case some Dondreon Vehicle troll moves. I really hoped to see some good old RAF gameplay with commando captain, snipers and commandos. But apparently even the best players have adopted to this "I only drop SAS" everywhere thing. So boring to watch it everytime.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I don't know why Echo simply wasted his tanks like that.. and for some reason Mencius wasn't paying enough attention either, he forgot his retreated Zooka SAS in Echo's base for a long while.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

GG, Echo saved me with the Jumbo on my side, I tried telling Echo a few things (and it's very hard to both play and communicate stuff at the same time) but I completely forgot I turned off my mic when I was talking to family so I was basically not saying anything (which is why Echo's pershing showed his side to the panther even though I was saying it was there). Honestly, that's my fault.

I don't even think it was gonna go too bad, if Echo's jumbo didn't die to the 76mm AT Gun and his Pershing stayed behind long enough for the cromwell to kill the panther. Definitely had a chance, I should've stopped spamming SAS after the first few failed drops though. Didn't even know the US 76 has such a high penetration chance vs a Jumbo until this game.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

If the 76 wouldnt be so super good vs Jumbos, things would have been different.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Warhawks97 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 17:50
If the 76 wouldnt be so super good vs Jumbos, things would have been different.
Fun fact - it was my mortar that killed the jumbo!

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It was definitely a good game. Probably as balanced as we could’ve made it with the players online at the time. For the record this game is one of a few that we just managed to win. There’s others where the echo/dond duo won.

Echo definitely a player to keep an eye on! He is only coming back to the game after months and he has shown growth, especially in macro. Micro is something people can always practice but macro there are players who have played for years that still don’t get it.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.