AB sucks

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

AB sucks

Post by Warhawks97 »

Which asshole designed AB doc?

2 CP for a silly 101st squad costing 385 that cant beat any infantry. Your got NOTHING effective vs tanks unless you go your own tank path. You cant beat inf, you cant beat tanks and you get stomped to dust by nonstop arty..... Absolute brilliant doctrine.

Also thanks to the asshole who thought it would be a great idea to add 2 off map abilties to SE doc for in total 3 CP. TOTAL GENIUS!
Attachments
8p_operation_goodwood_v1_4.2021-08-31.00-56-38.rec
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Jagdpanther

Re: AB sucks

Post by Jagdpanther »

The bomb and rocket planes are anti tank , you can easily kill the biggest tanks KT, Jagtiger when there is no aa. 101s are pretty good when they are in big numbers, you get big numbers after you upgrade the supply yard

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

AB doc is one of the most lethal docs in 2v2 & 1vs1 games.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Agreed, it’s the most stupid doc in the history of BK, along with the old RE, when Churchills had no armor whatsoever.

It is only good against noobs who don’t build AA, if even. There is literally nothing that doc would do better than RAF (better in every single aspect) or Inf ( Rangers > AB troops in terms of stats, with crawling, decent armor support, booby traps and ok’ish arty).

Also, this doc perfectly represents sort of weird Inf to Tanks balance. What would you choose? 385 MP 101s that need 7 CP to get out of rifles performance + aprox 100 ammo for weapons and after that you get a squad that beats volks, unless they aren’t in a superior position with MG34, and absolutely useless against any vehicles on their own. Or 76mm Sherman for 2 CP, 400 MP + 50 ammo for 50 cal. and HE? Which will melt or suppress any Infantry, blow halftrucks and take on Axis tanks up to Pz4 H quite reliably?

Same for SE actually, I would always spend 4 CP into the tank branch, that will give me a tank with 17 pounder or decent 76mm Sherman. What can I get instead? Boobys + flame nades, or sector arty + Hotchkiss that will eat all the ammo? The game impact of the tank branch and the rest of the CP unlocks is incomparable in most of the docs. RAF and Canadians are the best docs in terms of that so far, no die hard armor unlocks with those. Mostly because they have 17p and decent zook squads + Cromwells by default.

Choosing inf path = getting fucked. There are some players that occasionally perform not bad with AB, but only when they have decent support from teammates and no enemy AA. Still they would normally use that “amazing” tactic of pushing with Shermans backed by 75mm Howitzer, 101s serve the role of point cappers and cannon fodder.
Last edited by Sukin-kot (SVT) on 31 Aug 2021, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I had a 2 hours 2v2 on High Valley vs 2 Air docs.

My mate was Blitz, i was Propaganda... No matter how many airplanes we take down with our AA, or how many inf we kill.. they keep producing more and more. Not to mention the emplacements spam and 76 AT guns being airdropped everywhere. Game finally ended after 2 hours when we failed to kill several vet5 82nd Airborne, and vet 5 Storms got strafed while heavy tanks got bombed.

Worth to mention 82nd were rushing HE tanks no problem.. even walking Stuka rockets couldn't stop AB flow.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I am playing usually inf doc, Armor doc, TS, SE and BK doc but also def doc. And i can say that there is no doctrine so crapy than AB when it comes to CP efficency.

When i play armor doc for instance i unlock cheap shermans for 2 CP and tank commander arty for 1 CP. With that mix i feel confident and have an answer to everything: Arty vs defenses, shermans vs everything and M10 vs tanks. At that point i feel like i have a controle about what happens on the battlefield and mount some pressure while having a stable stance.

With AB i spend like 6 or 10 CP i dont even feel close of being in controle on any situation..... 101st with combat training for in total 4 CP and i still get my asses whiped from every basic assault pioneer squad or essentially any PE basic squad and even volks.
Strafe plane costs another 3 CP at which point every smart player would have some sort of AA. I called in 3 Planes at once in this match and all got shot down.

Till bombs its another 6 CP. So i spend 4 CP for 101st that aint do shit afterall and another 6 for planes which get easily shot down. Then another 2 CP for M10 and another 2 before i can get AB 76 drop.

Essentially i pay 14 CP and i am at an effectivness level that armor doc reaches with just 3 CP.

Jagdpanther wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 00:34
The bomb and rocket planes are anti tank , you can easily kill the biggest tanks KT, Jagtiger when there is no aa. 101s are pretty good when they are in big numbers, you get big numbers after you upgrade the supply yard
This is not a magic building. It costs a lot of res to be spend into first. And it doesnt do shit when your loss rate is so high that you cant build upa larger army. The supply yard in AB doc makes only sense when you use tanks rather than inf.
On top of that 101st is an insanely bad exp farming unit. Using them takes ages to unlock further stuff because their kill rate is so abysmal. These potatos give only free exp to enemie units and thats it which will just further tec ahead of you.

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 13:53
I had a 2 hours 2v2 on High Valley vs 2 Air docs.

My mate was Blitz, i was Propaganda... No matter how many airplanes we take down with our AA, or how many inf we kill.. they keep producing more and more. Not to mention the emplacements spam and 76 AT guns being airdropped everywhere. Game finally ended after 2 hours when we failed to kill several vet5 82nd Airborne, and vet 5 Storms got strafed while heavy tanks got bombed.

Worth to mention 82nd were rushing HE tanks no problem.. even walking Stuka rockets couldn't stop AB flow.

Your issue is that you never spend enough in mid game. I watched the 4 vs 4 we played against you and you and stirling could have sealed the deal very early on. You basically swam in ressources me and consti could only dream of. But by sparing thousands of MP and teching straight into Panthers (which we expected to happen) you gave us our victroy as a gift. You are simply waiting too long with finishing your opponents.

If you play prop and BK vs two AB, you just have to get HE tanks, stugs and Ostwinds. After that you slowly gind them down. Getting 82nd, AB vet, AB weapon drop, shermans and fully upgraded supply yard takes ages. You must have done some really bad mistakes in the mid game.

I dont even know why i should use a walking stuka vs AB. I wouldnt do that at all.
Build more AA Walderschmidt