Intense 3v3 x3 Airborne vs x2 Luftwaffe and a Defensive doctrine

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
MEFISTO

Intense 3v3 x3 Airborne vs x2 Luftwaffe and a Defensive doctrine

Post by MEFISTO »

Airborne:
DickWinters, Dema, Mefisto
Luftwaffe:
Crow, Egungun.
Defensive:
Waflwrfr.
I think it was a GG, at some point Egungun wasn't using FSJ the right way and also Luftwaffe got locked after we make alot of emplacement plus AA and they did not have enough artillery support.
As irbone we had the same problem but at least we had 75mm artillery support.
Attachments
6p_lafiere.2021-08-08.00-11-44.rec
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 14 times

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Intense 3v3 x3 Airborne vs x2 Luftwaffe and a Defensive doctrine

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

What a weird doctrine composition xD

Axis could go BK + Def + SE to absolutely demolish x3 AB.

As well as Allies could easily have an edge against Def + x2 Luft by choosing Armor + Raf + inf/arty.

Seems like nowadays people don't really try counter plays.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 08:04
What a weird doctrine composition xD

Axis could go BK + Def + SE to absolutely demolish x3 AB.

As well as Allies could easily have an edge against Def + x2 Luft by choosing Armor + Raf + inf/arty.

Seems like nowadays people don't really try counter plays.
Well, now everything is well rounded, 😂 LOL.
Now talking serious, Dickwinters always plays Airborne, I didn’t think to use Armor VS 2 PE at all so my options were Airborne or Infantry, Dema supposed to play Infantry so I went for Airborne but Dema pick Airborne also, Crow pick Luftwaffe it’s his best axis doctrine, Egungun for some reason was trying luftwaffe and waflrwrf decided to go for Defensive that I think was a good pick.
I think armor is not worth when you fight more than 1 PE.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Waflwrfr screwed the game completely for axis within 10 mins.

After 10 mins he should have been able to get two 20 mm HT and 1 105 howitzer. Instead he went for tank factory, wasted MP for a silly Möbelwagen and wasted a mortar HT that fired one shot in total. At that time i knew why his team lost.

After watching it fully:

1. Allied didnt win faster because 3 times air was a bad choice
2. Arty played no real role except for Grille. So AB did not win because they had pack howitzers while luft had no arty. Artillery was no issue at all since US forces were kept small for no reason while bunkering 1000 MP and more. It was more a game of "units drop down everywhere".
3. Its obvious why weapon packages should be introduced. 1x Thompson adds 4 Thompson to 101st. Means the second upgrade gives you two for the cost of four.
82nd equiped with 2 bazooka, 1 LMG and 3 Thompson made no sense and lost most of their engagments.
4. AB inf, esspecially 101st got just melted. It was a pure massacre of AB units. They usually lost all engagments when met by germans under equal terms.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 23:38

After 10 mins he should have been able to get two 20 mm HT and 1 105 howitzer. Instead he went for tank factory, wasted MP for a silly Möbelwagen and wasted a mortar HT that fired one shot in total. At that time i knew why his team lost.

After watching it fully:

2. Arty played no real role except for Grille. So AB did not win because they had pack howitzers while luft had no arty. Artillery was no issue at all since US forces were kept small for no reason while bunkering 1000 MP and more. It was more a game of "units drop down everywhere".
3. Its obvious why weapon packages should be introduced. 1x Thompson adds 4 Thompson to 101st. Means the second upgrade gives you two for the cost of four.
82nd equiped with 2 bazooka, 1 LMG and 3 Thompson made no sense and lost most of their engagments.
4. AB inf, esspecially 101st got just melted. It was a pure massacre of AB units. They usually lost all engagments when met by germans under equal terms.
I don't think airborne lost all the engagements I actually had a 34 kill with one of my 82nd until a bomb kills all of them, I think Airborne units did a decent job.
Actually, if you check some of the FSJ that dropped in our side of the map lost VS upgrade RM.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 01:58
Warhawks97 wrote:

After watching it fully:

I don't think airborne lost all the engagements I actually had a 34 kill with one of my 82nd until a bomb kills all of them, I think Airborne units did a decent job.
Actually, if you check some of the FSJ that dropped in our side of the map lost VS upgrade RM.

I saw that 34 kill unit. But like 12 of them had been pios which made them vet 2. You guys would have done much better without this many AB units. The investment/reward ratio was just poor. The Majority of squads got slaughtered without every achieving much. Perhaps there had been like 2-3 AB units reaching higher vets (and still died at the end) despite 3 players playing AB. Inf and Armor doc would have had much more cost effective ways like spamming simply shermans that would have been much cheaper than all the expensive AB dudes. Enemies had no or only medium AT. Only much later they got a like 4 Jagdpanzer IV/70. Just one AB or inf player and the game would have ended a lot earlier. Basically within 20 mins.

The FSJ mostly dropped in front of shermans and M16. In one instance right in front of an M16 but the last two still managed to pick the weapon at least. I think the last dude only got killed by a far away Riflemen squad.

I think a single Wibelwind would have had a great impact on this game. Two Luft players should have had at least 2 Wirbelwinds on the field.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 18:02
MEFISTO wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 01:58
Warhawks97 wrote:

After watching it fully:

I saw that 34 kill unit. But like 12 of them had been pios which made them vet 2. You guys would have done much better without this many AB units. The investment/reward ratio was just poor. The Majority of squads got slaughtered without every achieving much. Perhaps there had been like 2-3 AB units reaching higher vets (and still died at the end) despite 3 players playing AB. Inf and Armor doc would have had much more cost effective ways like spamming simply shermans that would have been much cheaper than all the expensive AB dudes. Enemies had no or only medium AT. Only much later they got a like 4 Jagdpanzer IV/70. Just one AB or inf player and the game would have ended a lot earlier. Basically within 20 mins.

The FSJ mostly dropped in front of shermans and M16. In one instance right in front of an M16 but the last two still managed to pick the weapon at least. I think the last dude only got killed by a far away Riflemen squad.

I think a single Wibelwind would have had a great impact on this game. Two Luft players should have had at least 2 Wirbelwinds on the field.
I still think armor is not a good option vs 2 PE at all or vs a defensive doctrine so Armor is not an option in my opinion, infantry may help.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Having armor on the field is always a good thing. Even if it only helps to keep enemie infantry at bay so that your mates elite inf forces can focus more on the attack and tackling armor. The entire german push the fallis made in the later stage of the game could have been prevented with only small losses on your side if you had an armor player. And i dont get why armor is a bad choice vs PE at all. In fact it can be even quite usefull against them since their inf squads cost a lot. Having shermans shredding those grens to pieces is a nice thing. Their basic inf cant grab schrecks and their AT squad has just one schreck usually. Their standard AA equipment is also not as good as those of WH.

If you play vs Luft, armor is actually a good pick provided you guys field AA. Your mates can buy M16 for 300 MP after tank depot production upgrade.
Take down Luftwaffes air and they will suffer painfull losses vs shermans.

On top of that forcing the enemie to get their own AT weapons such as Nashorns and Jagdpanzers will draw a good junk of MP from them that cannot be used against your mates infantry. So the best is to force the enemie to adapt to three threats: Armor, inf and air. Otherwise they will just spend all the MP into anti inf and anti air (which often is one and the same).

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Pick armor to make Sherman 75? For cheap? Ok that is a point, but I can do almost the same as airborne, just with supply yard upgrade my MP income increase plus with airborne I can have all air support I need plus extra ammunition and some 75mm artillery or infantry anywhere in the map to support my mates,
Armor is a good option when you fight a luftwaffe and rush Sherman and spam them but fight 2 PE you know L70 or something bigger is coming so no need to spend mp and fuel when you can use airstrike plus elite infantry.
Vs WH yes Armor is a good option vs BK and a noob propaganda or may be a noob defensive.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Thing is on maps like this having one armor dude is always a good thing. You got lucky that non of your enemies got armor on their own except some stubby tanks.

But if they had a combined force of inf and armor, you guys would have been screwed very badly. Lucky they didnt get any Wirbel. At that point you would have had to go 76 shermans and m10.

And the real cost on shermans is not MP or fuel, but the ammo. 90 ammo each time. Armor player can get this for free along with veterancy and artillery support and lots of 76 shermans.

And airstrikes are just good when your enemie is too bad with its AA. As said, if they had spend a bit for wirbelwinds, you guys would have been screwed. Def doc an easily get 2-3 20 mm HT to keep the sky clear.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 21:35
Thing is on maps like this having one armor dude is always a good thing. You got lucky that non of your enemies got armor on their own except some stubby tanks.

But if they had a combined force of inf and armor, you guys would have been screwed very badly. Lucky they didnt get any Wirbel. At that point you would have had to go 76 shermans and m10.

And the real cost on shermans is not MP or fuel, but the ammo. 90 ammo each time. Armor player can get this for free along with veterancy and artillery support and lots of 76 shermans.

And airstrikes are just good when your enemie is too bad with its AA. As said, if they had spend a bit for wirbelwinds, you guys would have been screwed. Def doc an easily get 2-3 20 mm HT to keep the sky clear.
If they make heavy tanks they just screwed themselves wasting all those resources to fight infantry, also you don’t need a wirbelwinds( expensive unit) to counter any airstrike you can do it with AA half truck from PE HQ for cheap make more and cover more map placing them in different spots.
Talking about heavies I think I uploaded a video as RAF killing 2 Tiger and a King Tiger just using Air strikes ( of course checking the map for AA and the path of my airplanes and waiting for the right moment to use them)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 22:57
Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 21:35

If they make heavy tanks they just screwed themselves wasting all those resources to fight infantry, also you don’t need a wirbelwinds( expensive unit) to counter any airstrike you can do it with AA half truck from PE HQ for cheap make more and cover more map placing them in different spots.
Talking about heavies I think I uploaded a video as RAF killing 2 Tiger and a King Tiger just using Air strikes ( of course checking the map for AA and the path of my airplanes and waiting for the right moment to use them)

dude, i am not talking about heavies. Using heavies vs any doc with good inf, arty or planes is stupid.

I was more talking about a combo of medium tanks and wirbelwind.

I mention wirbelwind because it is just great vs inf with its insta suppression and sometimes forcing a inf squad to retreat in a burst while killing half of the squad even when in yellow cover. And the Wirbel doesnt cost more than a Reg 5 lmao. 400 MP and a bit of fuel is nothing when it helps you to obliterate an infantry squad in a second. No need to lose lots of Reg 5 guys. The HQ provides you a fragile 330 MP truck that dies from small arms. The Wirbel is basically the same cost for much much better performance.

You would have been in big trouble if they had gone for wirbels, HE tanks and cheap panzer IV´s in general.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

What medium tank are you talking about? PIV F2and stustubby? Non of their doctrine can mass-produced any medium tank, if they go for that I still can do the same (Hellcat, M10, or 76 and the difference is I have a supply yard and they don’t. And yes It’s stupid to pick a heavy tank doctrine when you face elite infantry.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Idk why people keep talking about heavy tanks. I meant you got lucky not to face any tank doc that can bump some tanks out. And no, I don't mean elephants....

Getting armor out vs inf is always effective, especially when backed up by AA units and a few friendly inf units.

If you guys. And yes, you could have build your own armor like Shermans and m10. What you did for good.
But an armor player could have done it more effectively. Axis had to get Wirbelwind and 50 mm AT or cheap jagdpanzer to cause headache for you. But they didn't.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
11 Aug 2021, 09:30
Idk why people keep talking about heavy tanks. I meant you got lucky not to face any tank doc that can bump some tanks out. And no, I don't mean elephants....

Getting armor out vs inf is always effective, especially when backed up by AA units and a few friendly inf units.

If you guys. And yes, you could have build your own armor like Shermans and m10. What you did for good.
But an armor player could have done it more effectively. Axis had to get Wirbelwind and 50 mm AT or cheap jagdpanzer to cause headache for you. But they didn't.
Yes that is true, a bk Doctrine would be a pain in the ass for us in this particular game with 3 Airborne.