[BETA] 5.2.8 - MKVII Churchill's Are Aids

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Walderschmidt

[BETA] 5.2.8 - MKVII Churchill's Are Aids

Post by Walderschmidt »

I mean - I know it's Dondreon. But still.

Ace Tiger - 0 shots penn'ed the Churchill, even with AP.

At the very least the Tiger should pen the Churchill with AP (gameplaywise). Even Panther's struggle to pen it - which makes this tank counter BK Doctrine by itself. The only reliable gun to kill it is the PaK 43 (KT, PaK 43, Nashorn, JagdPanther). And this tank comes out when PIVs/StuGs are out. Imagine if the KT came out when Shermans come out.
temp.rec
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Consti255

Re: [BETA] 5.2.8 - MKVII Churchill's Are Aids

Post by Consti255 »

i agree.
The Churchill should bounce KwK36 88mm and the KwK 42 75mm all day without AP, but when they activate AP they should pen them with way way higher chances. like 3 out of 4 shots should pen.
normally there was no reason for this tanks to get the upgrade, now there is one.

I agree with Walder that Blitz doc just struggles massively against RE.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

AP pen is based on base pen. It increases the penetration by x percent. Buffing ap would mean that it gets buffed against every target.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Oh really.
Thats sad.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

well, that game was over basically right at the start. Axis never really got grip on important points and don did nothing else than planing his advance.

Consti had to get supply yard earlier and using ammo to plant mines on the right side. Axis never really tried to push there. Lucky for him. He also needs to combine his inf with churchills and teammates. He never really did it. He also lacks unit diversity. You dont really get anything from having 4 squads running arround with thimpson. Also lots of weapons like HMGs could be recreweed. Lastly, there is no point to have an inf squad with 6 AT weapons. Many times in engagments a a squad loses 1-3 men early on. That takes away a huge junk of his AT power. In this game he was lucky to bring all 6 men into firing position.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The tanks usually have pretty solid penetration chance from the rear and in this game the Ace got immobilized and the Churchill activated hulldown mode. Tanks in hulldown get harder to penetrate by further 15%. If the Ace hadn't been immobilised it could have moved to a better position where it could hit the rear and penetrate it. However, I wouldn't be against some penetration boost for Tigers and Panthers vs MK VII. With penetration boost against MKVII, the AP ammo would give more penetration power too.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

MarKr wrote:
27 May 2021, 12:13
The tanks usually have pretty solid penetration chance from the rear and in this game the Ace got immobilized and the Churchill activated hulldown mode. Tanks in hulldown get harder to penetrate by further 15%. If the Ace hadn't been immobilised it could have moved to a better position where it could hit the rear and penetrate it. However, I wouldn't be against some penetration boost for Tigers and Panthers vs MK VII. With penetration boost against MKVII, the AP ammo would give more penetration power too.
did you fix the production time of the MKVII ? it builds too fast, i reported this long ago.