[5.27] 4 vs 4 Goodwood

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

[5.27] 4 vs 4 Goodwood

Post by Warhawks97 »

Mencius (Prop)
Frost (TS)
Sparkes (BK)
Me (SE)

vs

Sparrow (Armor)
RoyalCompanion (Inf)
Dema (Inf)
Crow (RAF)

Pretty long match. We failed in the early game but made an strong comeback.

Highlights:
SS squad easily slaughtering SAS squads and commandos. I think SAS for the most part failed to with a few exception. Its not nearly as powerfull as many believe.

Powerfull use of arty on both sides. Esspecially double inf doc with constant off map strikes.

Lots of germany heavy tanks. Panthers, double KT, Aces.

Lessons learned:
1. When you have map controle as allied, lock the germans down so that they cant move freely. Esspecially as inf doc. Otherwise german rocket arty and heavy tanks will simply smash you.

2. Use supply yard. Dema did not do that.

3. Dont give up fielding shermans. Sparrow quickly went for pershings and lost every initative instead of exploiting weak areas in our frontline.
Attachments
8p_operation_goodwood_v1_4.2021-05-11.06-12-29.rec
(8.79 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
20210511061137_1.jpg
20210511061134_1.jpg
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sparrow

Re: [5.27] 4 vs 4 Goodwood

Post by Sparrow »

I went for Pershings because I saw a propaganda and PS in front of me (both of then went directly for the Ace or KT). Beside, my shermans 76mm werent able to hit the Ace, 3 shots to the ground or bouncing on it. By the time the Ace appears on the game, a Pershing was in building progress.

Also, Royal Companion should had covert my tanks, with infantry and arty...instead of that, he develov his habilities tree all wrong, and went for the jackson, wich was an unnecesary waste of resources.

We are tired to tell Dema that he need to build his supplay yard...

It was a good match...we should have won that game, but couldnt close it as we expected.