3v3 cuban team x 2RAF+1Airborne vs Prop, Luftw,PS

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
MEFISTO

3v3 cuban team x 2RAF+1Airborne vs Prop, Luftw,PS

Post by MEFISTO »

Crow-RAF/Egungun-RAF/Me-Airborne vs T1gar-propaganda/Dolphine-PS/Culstantine-Luftwaffe.
I think it was a GG, but some times I feel like propaganda doctrine needs a bit better infantry to push. Volkssturm is good specially vs Armored tank but at the other hand this doctrine struggle vs any infantry.
I have 2 questions:
Are Volkssturm a defensive unit?
Why it's so hard to push using this unit?
The Volkssturm was the last resource of Germany to defnd the Father Land.
Attachments
6p_bloody_gulch_v08.2021-08-01.19-56-19.rec
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 13 times

Krieger Blitzer

Re: 3v3 cuban team x 2RAF+1Airborne vs Prop, Luftw,PS

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

GG, we did so many mistakes this game.. also, Dolphins picked the wrong doc and went TH path as we thought one of you would be Armor or RE doc.
3x Air docs is something we did not expect.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Propaganda is quite underwhelming from my point of view. I see no benefits in it over BK doc that has much better infantry, medium tanks and non CP arty. The only true edge is Walking Stuka, which is the best rocket arty in the mod, but it can’t win the game on its own, right.

Its core unit Tiger is extremely expensive and doesn’t have as good frontal armor as Panthers, even rushing a 76mm is pretty dangerous. And generally I don’t like putting so many eggs in one basket. That makes the gameplay boring, when you have to sit and save resources for a long time without building units or taking casualties for a tank that might die due to an unlucky crit or airstrike.

It would be cool if no tank in BK costed more than 150 Fuel. KT and JT with their insane prices are meme units because of that, in 90% of the games you cannot save that many resources, unless you already won and just want to flex in front of your opponents.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I am glad the SAS got nerfed the beta. :D

GG tho.
One thing was just making me mad in that game. My FsR5 vet 2 fully CP upgraded and full health lost against a fresh droped Commandos with stens 5m away without any cover on both sides for some reason.
Man i had to be so unlucky with the RNG :D
Nerf Mencius

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

This is why way back then, I said there should be some officer rework for Propaganda to make them more interesting:

viewtopic.php?t=3615

Or in other words, you trade good infantry for multiple good officer units (and a Knights Cross Officer because fun).

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 04:40
Crow-RAF/Egungun-RAF/Me-Airborne vs T1gar-propaganda/Dolphine-PS/Culstantine-Luftwaffe.
I think it was a GG, but some times I feel like propaganda doctrine needs a bit better infantry to push. Volkssturm is good specially vs Armored tank but at the other hand this doctrine struggle vs any infantry.
I have 2 questions:
Are Volkssturm a defensive unit?
Why it's so hard to push using this unit?
The Volkssturm was the last resource of Germany to defnd the Father Land.

One thing I often thought about was whether or not it would have been a better idea to add these Volkssturm units to def doc where they could benefit from all the defensive back up while being able to fill gaps. Able to build trenches and wire that unit could certainly be a cool defensive asset due to its numbers, def bonuses and so on.

Its something that made me thinking when we created the docs. But as you mention it i think Volkssturm as such would be ideal in a defenisve orientated doctrine with its Panzerfausts and large numbers.

Edit:
The funny part is that in this game once again AB is played as "Airplane+Sherman doctrine" where the first CP go into M10 TDs (or 76 shermans) and airstrikes. Things are so repetetive. We should really consider to take a look at what CPs should be required for.

Comment to the game: Axis lacked recons, 20 mm vehicles and early light artillery to keep enemie inf at bay while making some pressure on the enemie. Essentially they had to build Wirbelwind, Ostwind, some AT stuff like Puma with 75 mm and nebler to pressure egungun.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

I also think Volkssturm feed better in a Defensive doctrine as you explained with all those defensive bonuses, this Propaganda doctrine lacks on infantry at some point bored to play just waiting to have a Tiger or rocket artillery to be able to destroy enemies defense since these guys (volkssturm) can't do really much vs any infantry, this doctrine is like sitting back and wait for the good but really expensive stuff.
About Airborne doctrine I think it’s good as it is right now, my first 2 cp when to 101 the other 3 air support, air supply, and m10 and hellcat, after that 82 division.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Useing wirblewinds against SAS is so damn hard. Once they get their AT package they simply break the supression and oneshot it.
Since it was played on the live version, SAS smoke accuarcy was still way to good.
Nerf Mencius