Return the HE Panzer 4 to SE

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Lari20752

Return the HE Panzer 4 to SE

Post by Lari20752 »

In my humble opinion, I think that every doctrine should have these options from the get go, or at least through unlocks:

Infantry vs Infantry
Pretty obvious one, without infantry you basically can't play BK, probably don't have to elaborate on that one.

Infantry vs Tanks
Also pretty obvious, anti-tank infantry and at-guns are the backbone of a good defense, without at least one of them (or tanks)
you will get overrun by basically anything that drives.

Tanks vs Infantry
HE tanks are made to break through the stalemate that will occure if you face an equal opponent, it's almost mandatory to build at least 1 during a game. e.g. MG in a building, obviously you don't have to use HE Tanks to clear it, sometimes it's even better not to endanger your tanks, you can use a Sniper, a Mortar or even Arty if you want but tat the end of the day, all of these other options will take way longer than 1-2 shots from an HE Tank and give the enemy way more time to counteract or recover from it.

Tanks vs Tanks
Since HE Tanks are as great at clearing Infantry as they are, obviously you use AT-Options to counter them.
Tanks like the Panzer 4 F2 or for Allies the 76 are essential for Defense and Offense, they have amazing utility in being mobilized AT-options and also some having the additional function to load HE for 1 shot for some nice anti-infantry capabilities.

Wow Lari, really nice explanation about the most basic of basic gameplay elements that literally everyone knows about.
Yeah, yeah, i know thanks.

But does SE really need the Panzer 4 F1 uwu?
It has the FlameHetzer x3

Maybe but the FlameHetzer has different Utility than the F1
It may have better capabilities of clearing buildings from Infantry but it really lacks in the range department
No sane person would try to use a FlameHetzer to kill Anti-Tank-Squads, in fact you may even be able to kill a FlameHetzer by just running up to it with them
Anti-Tank-Squads are mostly used for defense, or trying to punish a Tank which is out of position (it can be used for offense but that would require the enemy to have almost 0 anti-infantry capabilities)

The FlameHetzer is therefore mainly used for removing MGs or Squads from building/trenches and only then when you know that no at-guns are hidden nearby. The Panzer 4 F1 has almost the same functionality but just better, at-squads can't just run at it if it isn't out of position. At furthermore it is also gated behind a 2 CP unlock.
If the Flamehetzer almost loses against an AT-squad that runs towards it, then it can't fullfil the Tanks vs Infantry role.

Just use the F2 or the Beutepanzers, they are also great against Tanks.

Ah yes of course, why didn't i think of that...
That 1 HE shot is always great and consistently good against Infantry.
Pretty sure that everyone had that experience where your 76 or F2 used the HE shot and it did barely anything.
Sooo, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that F2 or Beute also don't replace the Tanks vs Infantry aspect.

How about you just use the HE Half-track (Sdkfz 250/8 75mm) from the vehicle selection?

It would fill the Vehicle vs Infantry aspect, it has really good performance against Infantry.
But it's squishier than the Infantry it shoots at. Almost anything can kill Halftracks.
It would be the closest replacement to the F1 but if you don't check it in the vehicle selection you are severely limited without it.
Additionally you have to pay way more attention than using the F1, since it dies through the slightest breeze.
No other doctrine has this problem.

All in all, I don't know why the F1 was removed in the first place since SE wasn't overpowered with it and it's such an essential unit.
SE isn't more powerful than Tank Support or Luftwaffe and doesn't justify the removal of the F1.
Imagine playing allies without having the option to load HE on your M4 Sherman.

In comparsion to the other PE doctrines (just my opinions):

Tank Support:
slightly weaker Infantry than SE since they don't have access to the Assault Pioneers and only slight upgrades to their basic Infantry but have way better Tanks

Luftwaffe:
better Infantry than SE, Air has the Panther and SE the Nashorn/Elephant

Both of them have F1 unlike SE right now, in fact SE is the only Doctrine that doesn't have armored HE but doesn't have anything that makes up for that weakness.

Anyways...
Kwok uwu, pls give me back the F1, playing without it is like trying to eat cereal with a fork...

PS: i don't remember if it was the F1 or the Panzer 3 but i would be happy with either one

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Return the HE Panzer 4 to SE

Post by MarKr »

The tank was removed by a mistake. It is coming back in the next update. The update comes when the map fixes are ready, which hopefully shouldn't take longer than a few more days.