Axis 37mm HQ At

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MEFISTO

Axis 37mm HQ At

Post by MEFISTO »

Limit HE shut to one (same as allies 37mm AT. Why? It is too funny to watch how players mage to flank the MG and the 37mm AT save the day with multiple shuts, not fair since Allies AT can only shut one time. I have watched Axis players making multiple (two or three of this to counter infantry)

Walderschmidt

Re: Axis 37mm HQ At

Post by Walderschmidt »

I honestly have mixed feelings about it. I haven't used it much so I don't know how the suppression stuff works but I think reducing a little accuracy and adding suppression is a good compromise.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Just me as a player, I know that AT gun is bullshit. But as a balancing dev perspective what’s the counter balance? Axis units early game are slightly more expensive than Allies. Nerfing this might have some tough unintended consequences
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

honestly, ill rather have axis infantry cheaper than this thing beeing such a pain in the ass.
Its just bullshit that it sometimes can just hold positions without ANY support against combined forces.
I abused it so often and got abused from it.
Useing it feels unfair while getting your whole thought out push getting denied feels absolutely terrible.
Not to mention how strong this thing is in countering units inside buildings so early on and so cost effective.

A different approach would be HE swap for it for atleast 50 ammo. With a noticeable cooldown between ammo swaps so it stops beeing a swiss knife as it is right now. HE would have its range reduced by 5 or 10.
Nerf Mencius

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Consti255 wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 11:05
honestly, ill rather have axis infantry cheaper than this thing beeing such a pain in the ass.
Its just bullshit that it sometimes can just hold positions without ANY support against combined forces.
Useing it feels unfair while getting your whole thought out push getting denied feels absolutely terrible.
Not to mention how strong this thing is in countering units inside buildings so early on and so cost effective.

A different approach would be HE swap for it for atleast 50 ammo. With a noticeable cooldown between ammo swaps so it stops beeing a swiss knife as it is right now. HE would have its range reduced by 5 or 10.
Now that would be an interesting compromise.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Consti255 wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 11:05

Bro, this 37mm is an AT gun, it just need to be nerfed or at least be at same level or similar to Allies 37mm. The solution would be limit this HE shut to one but reducing the cooldown, so anytime you use it you pay for it.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

The 25 muni he is really good but everyone seems to forget that the 37mm pak has AP rounds (which are now equipped freely) that can even take out PIVs with some regularity.

The pak can barely stand up to shermans if they turn around, let alone frontally.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Increase scatter area and significantly drop the HE accuracy against moving infantry? That way if the PaK shoots HE at infantry camping in cover/buildings, it will be as effective as it is now but if the infantry charges against the PaK, the gun will miss a lot.

Just an idea, though.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

MarKr wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 22:39
Increase scatter area and significantly drop the HE accuracy against moving infantry? That way if the PaK shoots HE at infantry camping in cover/buildings, it will be as effective as it is now but if the infantry charges against the PaK, the gun will miss a lot.

Just an idea, though.
I Like this idea.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 22:39

Just an idea, though.
I like it. Put it in beta?

What are the range brackets now?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Why not just make it a purchasable upgrade, while retaining old stats, it will make WM manage ammo early game while not nerfing their actual early game power level.