Snipers camo

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Snipers camo

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Currently in 531, snipers are very bad as they not only can't crawl when under fire (which is fine) but also can't re-hide behind cover as long as they are being targetted.. their passive camo should allow them to be hidden when in cover, otherwise they will be shot back to death.

I'd say; let's revert this change only for snipers.. they r already limited to 1 & no further nerf is needed for them.

MEFISTO

Re: Snipers camo

Post by MEFISTO »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 13:34
Currently in 531, snipers are very bad as they not only can't crawl when under fire (which is fine) but also can't re-hide behind cover as long as they are being targetted.. their passive camo should allow them to be hidden when in cover, otherwise they will be shot back to death.

I'd say; let's revert this change only for snipers.. they r already limited to 1 & no further nerf is needed for them.
+1. I do agree with you 100%

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

They're fine for me, its an arassing unit using range to his advantage, dosn't really need predator camo technology again.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I agree.
Its also in terms of immersion, that a sniper is a pain in the ass to locate and take out.
And honestly, the new crawling/camo change was mainly made because of infiltration/sabotage units which abused its camo buffs and fire breaking inside a firefight.

Snipers were absolutely fine after the recent limitation.
Last edited by Consti255 on 09 Jun 2022, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Nerf Mencius

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Snipers could use a small range increase (+5 or +10).

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Krieger Blitzer

Range is fine, but camo for snipers is not.. needs a revert.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Walderschmidt wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 20:58
Snipers could use a small range increase (+5 or +10).

Wald
More range will create another balance problem, (snipers the ultimate untouchable unit) camouflage for snipers needs to be reverted, they already got nerf when we limit this unit to 1.

Krieger Blitzer

MEFISTO wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 15:00
More range will create another balance problem, (snipers the ultimate untouchable unit) camouflage for snipers needs to be reverted, they already got nerf when we limit this unit to 1.
Yup

Viper

Post by Viper »

so.....what is happening with snipers?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

The passive camo should still be on the sniper…. Can someone do a quick test and replay?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Passive camo isn't working when snipers are aiming.. which means they are revealed most of the time.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Tweaked the passive recamo timer for snipers. They should be going back into camo between shots now. Will probably need a few tweaks over the next few patches.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

dont think snipers should camo when it can just shoot and walk away. Or just tank the bullets. I think snipers are too tanky to also keep combat camo.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!