Bizory map needs minor modification

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
The-dude

Bizory map needs minor modification

Post by The-dude »

I've played on this map for years and positions 3 and 4 are at a vital yet deceptive advantage. The thing is the fuel at the top is always cut off easily due to the position of the strategic point connecting it to the base, however the fuel at the bottom of the map is quite secure as the strategic point is safe and protected by base quad.

Is there any way to change either strategic point to make the map more balanced?
Attachments
relic00000.jpg

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Bizory map needs minor modification

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I was the one who did this map, i could modify it.. but to be fair, the strategic point u r referring to isn't protected by the base turrets.. just make sure u capture it from the south, and don't approach it from the opposite side.

Pretty sure the point is far enough from the turrets.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

i think the-dude is right. From position 1 and 2 you have to take 2 strategic points to take the top fuel point which is closer to your base. However, one of these two is quite close the base of player 3 and 4. On the other hand the lower fuel point is close to pos 3 and 4 and you only need to hold one strategic point to connect the fuel. Trying to take the lower fuel point from position 1 and 2 is a nightmare since you have only a hughe flat terrain there. I often struggle to fully secure either fuel from pos 1 and 2 while my opponents are literally base camping. They just need to take the lower fuel point which is easy and then deny the top fuel by denying the two strategic locations close to the base.

Last time i even had literally map controle from pos 1 and 2 while my enemies just camped more or less in base or close to it and still making it hard for us to take the fuel points.

I try to avoid this map whenever is see two mates hosting this map as axis. Now i understand better why they always play this map only.

it would be fair if the top fuel strategic points would be arranged like the bottom one. Or when the huge strat point connecting pos 1 and 2 with lower fuel would be arranged like the top strat point. So both sides would have to secure that one vital strat point that would connects the fuel point in both directions.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

If u swap locations, i dare to say the result won't change.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
26 May 2022, 16:56
If u swap locations, i dare to say the result won't change.
well, i found this map easier to play as axis. Perhaps it was because of the overall easier access and easier deniability of points when starting from that location.

It would at least explain why basecamp on pos 3 and 4 is such a big thing there. Teams from that location often just so stick in front of their base and quite easily deny points. Having slight adjustments in how points are arranged would be worth a try.

We have different versions of certain maps, why not on this one as well?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

The-dude

Post by The-dude »

I'd say, make the strategic point at the bottom similar to the one on top.

Positions 1 and 2 are at a disadvantage even in the center buildings. Positions 3 and 4 can use the buildings on the right and bottom as they can't be flanked from right and bottom due to base quads, but those 2 buildings on the left are quite useless and easily flanked.