Can't CW start with buildings?

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
The-dude

Can't CW start with buildings?

Post by The-dude »

Isn't an HQ building more plausible and realistic than these weird-looking trucks, which are vehicles but have higher HP than super heavy tanks?

It could change the principles of CW, but gives CW a better role than just a camping convoy.

You could use US building models for it or simply only deploy trucks in the base. I mean, these trucks simply kill the immersion in this game. That's why I never feel like playing CW.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Can't CW start with buildings?

Post by MarKr »

The "mobile base" playstyle makes CW unique. We also experimented with giving CW normal HQs but it pretty much broke the whole CW AI. BK is a multiplayer mod but people still play compstomp too and disabling an entire faction for pretty much no reason, is not desirable.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I like the Trucks.
Choo Choo
Nerf Mencius

Red

Post by Red »

I am also a fan of the CW trucks, as it allows for a quite different playstyle.

You gain a mobile base and the possibility to lock down sectors and generate additional resources, but the price is that you cannot garrisson buildings and that the tiering has to be more careully considered (as you do not have a lot of building queues running parallel).