Remove CW infantry sectiin sniper ability

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
H.Drescher

Re: Remove CW infantry sectiin sniper ability

Post by H.Drescher »

There's no need to touch this ability. It removes one of the only tools that the commonwealth have to counter snipers. They have access to none aside from the Commando Glider in the RAF Doctrine.

Removal of it will make them extremely vulnerable to early game EXP farming and can create a massive snowballing advantage just by exploiting that weakness.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Problem is snipers were heavily nerfed with the latest camo change in beta.
I dare to say that they r unplayable now.

I could agree the ability is fine.. as we should probably have this camo change reverted for snipers in return.

The-dude

Post by The-dude »

I think it's better to give CW a global sniper unit.

No matter the ammo cost, it's still unbalanced. If infantry section is supposed to have snipers like SS squad, they should cost more.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

The-dude wrote:
26 May 2022, 20:32

No matter the ammo cost, it's still unbalanced. If infantry section is supposed to have snipers like SS squad, they should cost more.
Section is 435 MP. Storms are 360.

The-dude

Post by The-dude »

tarakancheg wrote:
26 May 2022, 22:49
The-dude wrote:
26 May 2022, 20:32

Section is 435 MP. Storms are 360.
Why not give them snipers?

Keeping snipers alive requires skill, But the infantry section has the chance to withstand casualties against snipers and still kill snipers.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Ye, i actually think giving CW a dedicated sniper would be better.
RAF sniper won't be affected... I mean, USA AB sniper is there despite having snipers in barracks.

in order to make air doctrine snipers more unique though, we could remove snipers from barracks\glider (or AB HQ) as soon as an air doc is picked, & then the doc specialized sniper would be available in the base HQ as air-drop ability.. this way; Luft doc, AB doc & RAF doc get access to their unique snipers right away.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Just want to see the logic here right..

Why were snipers changed in a first place?
Any why is addin another dedicated sniper is best solution now..?
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Honestly, i think the crawling change overall was GREAT to disable cheese tactics ( which i used quite frequently lol) .
But i think the best solution would be, to let the Snipers untouched from those.
You could argument that the enemy doesnt know were he was shooting from and so stays hidden (even he goes visible ingame ofcourse) and is still able to go back into crawling.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Do infantry units should have any kind of sniper abilities at all?

I would differentiate between "Marksman" shots and snipers. Being a sniper requires a lot of skill, patience and a steady breath and body. Having average infantry soliders within infantry units that can just like that pull of a sniper shot out of the pocket in the middle of combat when bullets flying all arround you is absurd. Not even vcoh was that stupid.

I would add scoped rifles to infantry units like Gebis or in this case give CW inf the ability to carry a scoped rifle as an upgrade like in vcoh. That unit or solider is then able to fire an accurate marksman shot against an enemie inf squad with high precision but at NORMAL combat distances. So its an ability that gives you an edge in the initial combat with enemie infantry as it kill one enemie solider right away.

alternatively, the marksman shot would not become an ability, but instead this scoped rifle equiped soldier fires from time to time a highly accurate shot at normal distances.

But having normal infantry units with capabilities to snipe away enemie snipers just like that, esspecially in the heat of combat is just nuts.

Other than that leave sniper duties to dedicated sniper units that would be given to CW.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
29 May 2022, 16:47
Do infantry units should have any kind of sniper abilities at all?

I would differentiate between "Marksman" shots and snipers. Being a sniper requires a lot of skill, patience and a steady breath and body. Having average infantry soliders within infantry units that can just like that pull of a sniper shot out of the pocket in the middle of combat when bullets flying all arround you is absurd. Not even vcoh was that stupid.

I would add scoped rifles to infantry units like Gebis or in this case give CW inf the ability to carry a scoped rifle as an upgrade like in vcoh. That unit or solider is then able to fire an accurate marksman shot against an enemie inf squad with high precision but at NORMAL combat distances. So its an ability that gives you an edge in the initial combat with enemie infantry as it kill one enemie solider right away.

alternatively, the marksman shot would not become an ability, but instead this scoped rifle equiped soldier fires from time to time a highly accurate shot at normal distances.

But having normal infantry units with capabilities to snipe away enemie snipers just like that, esspecially in the heat of combat is just nuts.

Other than that leave sniper duties to dedicated sniper units that would be given to CW.
Would like this. Aswell for the Gebirgs.
Nerf Mencius