Halftracks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: Halftracks

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

To be honest, while i can see some interesting ideas.. i vote to change nothing.

HTs are already unique from tanks reinforcing inf.. the fact they are cheaper & can carry officers for retreat.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
18 May 2022, 17:05
To be honest, while i can see some interesting ideas.. i vote to change nothing.

HTs are already unique from tanks reinforcing inf.. the fact they are cheaper & can carry officers for retreat.
Who wouldve thought that you want to change nothing? :lol:
Nerf Mencius

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Aside from the Bren Carrier buff suggestion (which I agree with Tara on), I like what Red proposed.
MarKr wrote:
18 May 2022, 10:43
I don't know if it is needed to make the units hull down (it should be possible to do, though). Their MGs are usually forward-facing only so it would be quite limiting.
Bunkers and MG teams have a limited field of fire, yet still do their job well enough, so I don't think this would be a huge deal. The HT would still be more mobile than a bunker and less vulnerable to small arms than an MG squad, while also still having its current ability to reinforce and possibly a buff aura (suggested cooldown decrease aura, but could be something else) for nearby inf when in hull-down.
MarKr wrote:
Stationary mode is possible too, but why should it have one? If the point is to make HTs an MG support for infantry, shouldn't mobility be the important factor? Hulldown/stationary mode with the bonuses, along with "normal MG" stats would turn them into "moveable MG trench".
I mainly suggested the stationary mode as a less potent alternative to hull-down. It'd essentially be the same thing, just no added durability.
MarKr wrote:
Removing the ability to carry troops is possible. Would it still be able to reinforce infantry with this "Frontline support" upgrade?
I would say yes. The weakness of having a limited firing arc while in hull-down and the proposed long setup/pack-up times were intentional. The role of the HT will still primarily be that of a mobile FOB / support unit more-so than an independent combat unit. Thus, it would be fair to let it keep the reinforcement ability when upgraded IMO.
MarKr wrote:
Lower monition cooldowns would work but I guess it the impact would be rather low as abilities usually don't need several activations during a single firefight.
Lower munition cost for certain abilities might make more sense (suppression and nades come to mind). Having inf with cheap suppression abilities nearby would allow for 360 degree coverage and really fast suppression. I'm open to different ideas for the aura though, or to just not including it. Being able to reinforce from the HT is enough on its own.
MarKr wrote:
I'm also not sure about the impact for PE as they have the Armored car with top MG, which can already be used as a "suppression platform" so there would be some overlap. On the other hand the AC can cap and OP points, HT would have different utility uses so the overlap would be just partial.
I don't think there's enough overlap to be an issue. The scout car can take and hold ground on it's own while being substantially cheaper than the HT would be. PE would thus still have their early light vehicle aggression advantage.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Consti255 wrote:
18 May 2022, 22:22
Krieger Blitzer wrote:

Who wouldve thought that you want to change nothing? :lol:
He wants the play the forever meta without any changes, at a certain point he will be able to play with eyes closed, all muscle memory.

I sleep

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but officer does not apply aura from the HT.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

mofetagalactica wrote:
19 May 2022, 03:43
He wants the play the forever meta without any changes, at a certain point he will be able to play with eyes closed, all muscle memory.

I sleep
You have to understand that games this old will have to come to a point where product stability is all preffered over inconsistent changes that happen frequently for just the sake of wanting a different taste.. game development is about reaching a solid project state & and not the endless circle of instability.

Thus, i only support changes that are mandatory & mostly focus on bug reporting. Other than that; i am not looking forward to any big change(s) from now on & not expecting the dev team to dive in any overhauls either.

HTs in my opinion are good enough early game, & can be used quite aggressively with AT teams inside.

That said, @Tara
Officers iirc don't provide aura inside, but u have a mobile retreat point instead.

EDIT:
To me, i think what Bk Mod really needs; is more and more maps.. not balance changes.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I just don't understand what this change is supposed to solve exactly?

Even more, again and again I come to a conclusion that intuitively "agressive playstyle" changes are only leading to a more passive playstyle. Blob will be just easier to maintain in the battlefield.

There is just a small disparency and inconsistense on how Motorpool/t2-t3 units are paired within matches that are under 1hour.

BKdoc storm HT - locked behind what? 4CP? though u have regular HT the whole game.
INF doc ambulance - locked in the motorpool. This one is easier to get (due to price), but I see less and less games having it. Why?
PE heal Halftrack, - why bother, if u can build cheap HT with MG34 and pair it with click-forget base heal aura?

What u guys are offering is just useless actions to useless units. I dunno.., all is fine.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
19 May 2022, 09:28

That said, @Tara
Officers iirc don't provide aura inside, but u have a mobile retreat point instead.
What is the point of "mobile retreat point if you have a HT nearby and officer nuffs are too good not to use it (even if people dont know how good it is)
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
19 May 2022, 09:28
To me, i think what Bk Mod really needs; is more and more maps.. not balance changes.
We have a lot of good maps but for some reason i only see 5 same maps each day. Maybe the problem is not the maps, but something else?

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

What about making halftracks cap points with infantry inside them?

Or how about halftracks increase infantry cap speed?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Walderschmidt wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:25
What about making halftracks cap points with infantry inside them?

Or how about halftracks increase infantry cap speed?

Wald
I like these