Tank commander limit

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
The-dude

Tank commander limit

Post by The-dude »

Tank commanders for tank-oriented doctrines are as important as active camo for inf docs or weapon upgrade for paratrooper docttines.

Removing scouts' limit gave the game a newer depth, knowing that you no longer know how many scouts the opponent has.

Why not giving the players the option to invest their resources in such units the way they want.

An alternative is giving tank-oriented doctrines access to recruiting more commanders.

Walderschmidt

Re: Tank commander limit

Post by Walderschmidt »

I am down for this.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Generally speaking i dont like that tank commander stuff as it turns individual tanks into some sort of super hero tanks. I would prefer to have command units just as we have it for infantry. There we dont recruit a "squad leader" and attach it to a squad.

Currently you can literally triple buff tanks with tank vet, tank commander vet and command vehicle (with vet)
Build more AA Walderschmidt

The-dude

Post by The-dude »

Isn't the idea of commanders more logical than a command tank attached to your tanks, which is difficult to manage when you are pushing?

Deploying a commander is as important as equiping your infantry with weapons.

Why not let players make the choice?

Unlike command tanks, commanders won't do magic and it still requires skill to keep them alive and rank up. Nevetheless sometimes commanders number exceeds 2 when a tanks such as Tiger Ace, SP and Panther Ace are called.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I am kinda against expanding tank commanders number, however, I would rather see Command tank as an upgrade, instead of "additional" buildable unit that mostly used as a waste. Rush squish is all its used majorly now.

So, generally speaking, you get default tank unit of some kind and if needed transform it to a command aura deliver.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

a ineffective way to go over tank commander limit is to call in ace vehicles. But I kinda wouldn't mind removing the limit due to how vital tank commanders are for a lot of tanks.

Since the update long ago of units dying when their transports get destroyed has nerfed tc quite a bit.

The boost tank command vehicles give are quite negligible in my mind. And the added micro further sways me away from them. And the fact you lose them quite often due to, I dont know why, they just die while I'm not looking. Are too slow or fragile.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

TC survive almost everytime.
I love the long games where i can stack commanders in my base after 3 or more aces were called in lol.
Nerf Mencius

Mood

Post by Mood »

It'd actually be thematic to increase the TC limit for tank-oriented doctrines, but I'd be against it for the others.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

I dont think that increasing TC limit is a good decision because if the ammout of buffs they give and combine that with survivability/XP boosts for tanks it is very easy to make tank use "Vcoh damage model" but increasing Tanks survivabilty with vet and vet 3 TC 4x times.
Also everyone neglecting command tanks usefulness either has no clue what it does at max vet which is now easy to obtain if you know how to keep it alive or just dont know what can a couple of tanks with command vehic and vision do if microed properly.

The-dude

Post by The-dude »

Call-ins already bypass the commander limit.

Why not give the players the right to choose?

Commanders are not cheap and 2 commanders cost as much mp as a tank. It's also a global thing, not necessarily buffing a single faction.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Call ins bypass nothing, u are paying high price a specific unit already good for its role. It is also vetted commanders.

Players already have enough places and opportunity to use T.Commander, maybe tiering could differ, as for WM it become available in t3 building and for US after building Tank Yard (if I recall right)..which kinda makes them a late call, used mostly within Logic of having those buildings available (therefore and units).

What if we changed it and made Tcomms for motorpool and t2 on axis?
"You can argue only with like-minded people"