Grille-Wespe swap

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Grille-Wespe swap

Post by Warhawks97 »

Just thinking about it.

Why dont we swap Wespe and Grille?

Why?

1. Def doc is filled with arty. 105 mm early available, 88 guns, VT, Officer off map, 155 mm Off map artillery. And on top of it a 155 mm sniper arty with GPS guided ammo and super short cooldown that has the power of several arty units. The Wespe would be a lot more balanced, esspecially within the VT ability. It would simply be an upgrade to the 105 howitzers for the late game.

2. TH doc has Wespe but costing 80 mm to use per barrage and doesnt really help you to break really heavy defenses. A Grille might fit in it better.
However, cost will be cut down to 400 MP and 60 fuel. The Range cut down to about 100-120 in order to act as a close range fire support unit. It would fire directly at targets automatically (but slow shell speed and accuracy comparable of other howitzer tanks) but also able to unleash a short ranged, accurate 155 mm barrage for 75 ammo. Its ammo upkeep would also get cut down by half.

From personal experience, i almost feel guilty whenever i use a grille in def doc (esspecially when i barraged them with 105 before) but at the same time feel like Wespe is nothing but to throw away ammo.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Red

Re: Grille-Wespe swap

Post by Red »

I do not condone such a swap.

For me Def Doc is cernteres about defensive structures and artillery. And when if comes to artillery, mobility is very important, because stationary units can be taken out quickly (Counterartillery, especially Phosphorus grenades, and air strikes).
TH on the other hand has the strongest tanks in the game. Giving it the Grille would for me make this the Ueber-Doc, which would be strong on all fronts except airstikes.

I am not saying that we should not discuss an increase of the Grille cooldown, but honestly, compared to the UK Priest, I do not find the Grille overpowered (Grille is imho weaker due to a single indirect attack choice, but UK Canadians do not have the defensive abilities def doc has, so I see this as a viable trade-off).

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I dont really see the point. PS needs to have mediocre artillery to keep it fair.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

PE already lacks on long range artillery, I don't see this change. All PE long range artillery requare high amount of CP. On the other hand WH has a powerfull 2 CP 105mm.