Give Firefly back to RAF

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Give Firefly back to RAF

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

So, the firefly was initially removed because RAF got very powerful AT Sas package. Now there is neither AT package, nor 4 upgraded zooks in the weapon crates. It’s fair and square that the Firefly should come back.

On the top of that, I think that short plane cool down is rather useless. Most of the time the sky is locked and you cannot rely on air support, or you simply don’t have enough ammo to take advantage of shorter cool downs.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Give Firefly back to RAF

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Agreed

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

RAF has Achiless, rocket strikes and AT Commando squad for killing any tanks, i doubt that we have to buff already strong doc like RAF with an ability to get Fireflies.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

tarakancheg wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 15:20
RAF has Achiless, rocket strikes and AT Commando squad for killing any tanks, i doubt that we have to buff already strong doc like RAF with an ability to get Fireflies.
Agree

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

tarakancheg wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 15:20
Where is even the reason to get a Firefly over a Achillies?
Same gun but without camo, flankspeed.
Also it only has 2 MGs which are not able to fuck arround with enemy AT sqauds.

I think this unit overall is not worth getting even when its in the Doc.

I dont care when it gets added back, this thing is a piece of garbage when it comes to effectness/cost ratio.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Generally speaking, and following the overall british faction design (expensive and hard to replace but overal lethal compared to other units base units) this thing shouldnt require any unlock and should be available across the CW faction. Achilles meanwhile remains a doctrinal thing for RA doc.

I mean that thing costs a lot and can be destroyed by pretty much every AT weapon on the field. Usually that thing cant even go 1 vs 1 against a tank and needs a lot of protection. Its just a good fire support unit as long as it stays behind inf/tanks.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

The difference between Firefly & Achilles, is like the difference between Marder3 & Pz4.F2 ...
If the Firefly is deemed "useless" then it's surely "less useless" than the faster cooldown unlock.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

With RAF air superiority vs any axis doctrine, elite infantry, decent 75mm artillery, decent anti tank capabilities if you add a firefly, I wouldn’t mind if we bring back panther armor (HP) and heavy infantry for propaganda doctrine plus some artillery for luftwaffe. Then we will have well rounded doctrines after some allies buff like Jumbo 75 ammunition penetration shot, good accuracy for Jackson. But let me tell you what, this is not going to happen, so I am not sure to keep adding fire power to this doctrine.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

RAF has quick access to light arty and some of the best late game inf in the game, on top of their airstrikes and the Achilles. I really don't see the point in adding a Firefly unless it is a reward unit for the Achilles, they serve the same purpose so it just takes up a CP slot for no reason.

I would argue the firefly is even more useless than the quick airstrike cooldowns, the latter is at least useful against axis heavies if your first strike doesn't kill. Fireflies get spanked by most heavies unless the axis players are braindead, especially if the axis player has something with ALRS. Both the Achilles and Firefly are glass cannons, the Firefly just costs more and cant hide.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Why would you want to get slower achilles? both get oneshot by everything firefly doesn't have anything over the achilles
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Redgaarden wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:04
Why would you want to get slower achilles? both get oneshot by everything firefly doesn't have anything over the achilles
well, health and armor advantage exists. But overall the achilles holds the advantage. Camo, higher DPS, faster, cheaper.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Dont both get penned 100% of the time and get oneshot by panthers 80% of the time?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Redgaarden wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 19:27
Dont both get penned 100% of the time and get oneshot by panthers 80% of the time?
+.
I hate that thing. I never get it, unless i am playing SE LOL.
Nerf Mencius

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Consti255 wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 20:17
Redgaarden wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 19:27
+.
I hate that thing. I never get it, unless i am playing SE LOL.
Agreed, I try using it every once in a while on CW, but it's just disappointing compared to an Achilles.

I like the SE one, but it's only worthwhile because it doesn't cost fuel. It's honestly still kinda shit unless you're fighting heavy tanks, in which case it's basically a 0 - fuel Nashorn with a turret but no ambush ability.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

It oneshots shermans which is a big +

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

I want to remind that we are talking about a CW firefly not a SE one.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

i would rather see a buff to the Tetrach Little John adapter. Its an iconic tank that is deep implemented in this doc. Maybe give it even CP upgrades like capping sectores, laying mines or something like that.

A Firefly was a HEAVY specilized unit only available in tank divisons.

Overall i would glady see those tanks getting removed from the Air docs in general which means = NO Firefly in RAF, NO 76 Sherman in AB and NO Panther in Luft.

This docs should rather get doc specific unlocks and not this specilized medium tanks which are available in armor oriented docs.
Nerf Mencius