AB changes

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Consti255

AB changes

Post by Consti255 »

Hi everyone,
this topic isnt a too long one and overall not a "ChAnGe EvErYtHiNg".

Its about the AB and what ive experienced it the last couple games, and what i think could be improved. Gameplay will follow to the particular ability.

AB mortar strike call in.
its a 60mm mortar strike call in, which needs WAY to long to go on target, the spread is too high and the cost aswell for what you get in terms of ammo and CP cost. Yes, you get a 105mm strike when your HQ sqaud is vet 4. But come on, how often do you get a HQ sqaud on vet 4?!
Overall 3 CP for it isnt worth it at its current state.
I think 2 changes are possible.

decrease the ammo cost to 30ammo.

make it faster on target and tighten up the spread of this ability. Make it more precise, but deadly.
So less AOE than the 81mm but more accurate on target. Keep the costs. You could say, the 60mm off map mortar is closer to the target, thats why it is more accurate.

AB Observer Sqaud.
Why is it even called observer sqaud, all it does is call in support weapons and ammo. It is important that you have a sqaud that can call in those weapons, to be mobile. But damn, this sqaud has nothing to do with oberservation. Normally, this sqaud stays behind the lines, and calls down support and thats it. Sometimes it is used as 2 men AT sqaud when camoed.
I think this approach is boring and doesnt fullfill the role of observation.

What to do ?
i think we could boost up their vision when static a bit (not like a Binocular) and also give them the ability to set boobytraps and lay down AP mines.

P47-Thunderbold Patrol
After the current AA changes, i think it is safe to say, that this unique and cool ability could make its way back to US AB. The Rocket Run is just a copy paste from RAF. Just swap it out with the Rocket run and increase the cost to 250ammo.
Nerf Mencius

MEFISTO

Re: AB changes

Post by MEFISTO »

About AB “observer squad” is a big NO, Why? Just think about to be able to drop scouts in any part of the map with no need to flank or infiltrate the enemies position, just one click and you can see everything (to easy to be true).
If you want to see what do your enemy has behind his front line use scouts or is this case AIR RECON airplane.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Even Royal Artillery drops their spotters in friendly sectors, they can’t drop them behind enemies line. That would make the game almost unplayable (artillery nightmare)

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MEFISTO wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 13:47
About AB “observer squad” is a big NO, Why? Just think about to be able to drop scouts in any part of the map with no need to flank or infiltrate the enemies position, just one click and you can see everything (to easy to be true).
If you want to see what do your enemy has behind his front line use scouts or is this case AIR RECON airplane.
makes sense to be fair.
Still i think the boobytraps and mines could be a good addition to them. Since they are a little bit boring as a backline only unit.
Nerf Mencius

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Consti255 wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 13:52
MEFISTO wrote:
makes sense to be fair.
Still i think the boobytraps and mines could be a good addition to them. Since they are a little bit boring as a backline only unit.
Bro I have mates that use them as a KAMIKAZE observer squads, dropping them on enemies artillery just to be able to use an airstrike after that with the vision, so they don’t spend 50 ammunition on an air recon airplane, they also use them to kill MG or mortar dropping them behind what makes them a pain in the ass, to avoid it you have to keep units behind the MG or mortar, that is BC. So they are not that boring after all. I think.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I don't agree with returning back the patrol or buffing the observer squad... AB doc generally doesn't need changes.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 14:07
I don't agree with returning back the patrol or buffing the observer squad... AB doc generally doesn't need changes.
Agree, I think AB doctrine is really good and versatile.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MEFISTO wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 13:59
Consti255 wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 13:52
MEFISTO wrote:
makes sense to be fair.
Bro I have mates that use them as a KAMIKAZE observer squads, dropping them on enemies artillery just to be able to use an airstrike after that with the vision, so they don’t spend 50 ammunition on an air recon airplane, they also use them to kill MG or mortar dropping them behind what makes them a pain in the ass, to avoid it you have to keep units behind the MG or mortar, that is BC. So they are not that boring after all. I think.
Wow so you use a sqaud as a kamikaze sqaud, yeah thats totally their intended role just by saying, OH YOU CAN DROP THEM FOR VISION THATS NOT BORING. Dude you can do that with every paradroped unit. But no unit should be used as "my bro drops them as kamikaze units" and than should be taken into balanced consideration. Thats absolute nonesense.

Yeah AB is versitle but it is just versitile as long you guessed right or keeping 4 CP in your backhand to react on something, because everything just cost so much CP.
You want a 6men AT sqaud that doesnt die instantly. That will be 4 CP my good sir. You want a bigger gun than a 57mm on a mobile plattform? 2 CP please. You want a mortar call in that doesnt do shit ? OHH YEAH please 3 CP.
You want plane support ? Yesss you guessed right 3,6 or even 9 CP.

OHHH youhave no ammo for the planes after you unlocked them and now a Panther,Tiger or even P4 is raping ur butthole. No Problem sir, that will be 2 additional CP.

The ratio from AB compared to other docs in terms of good balanced force is just INSANE. Fuck that versitile potential, if you cant use it.

Compare Blitz as an example.

3 CP and you have a super good unit comp.
Storms + Stugs + Maultier = super solid.

Armor doc
3 CP
better combat engineers + 76 + command arty + M10s = super solid.

You know why people always play this doc as a Strafe + M4 doc ?
Because its the only thing that is worth the CP investment, that gives you somehow a good balance for your CPs.

Its just sad, and your gameplay vs Kwok just showed that off again. Just go for shermans and strafes to wipe the enemy infantry and push up with ur infantry. Thats not versitile, thats just boring to play and to play against. And it was one big reason why the AA was buffed so hard.
AB is just pants down if the enemy locked the air with AA.

And this playstyle wont change as long strafes are so worth to get over everything in AB.
They are the old SAS of AB till now, while also keeping this doc somehow viable.

This post isnt about how versitile AB is, its about some abilitys that lack effectness or abilitys that are boring/copy paste to use.
And the 60mm mortar barrage does lack effectness. I am always willing to discuss about suggestion from each side and why they should/shouldnt be implemented.
But i am tired of this no it shouldnt be implemented, because no it shouldnt.
AB is verstile isnt a good argument of why or why not. Period.
Nerf Mencius

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Dude I don’t think you realize how powerful in this game is to have scouts anywhere on the map with just one click, that is insane. AND NO, THIS SQUAD IS NOT MEANT TO BE A KAMIKAZE OR AN AIR RECON that is one of their problem, some of my friends use them like that because it’s worth for them spend 180mp than 350mp for a whole squad or spend 50 ammunition for a recon airplane.
This guys are meant to be A SUPPORT UNIT, capable to supply your troops behind enemies line with 76mm AT, 75mm artillery, 81 mortar (just for this mortar as luftwaffe you need the Falls plus the weapon package, way more expensive). Etc..
This unit already do a lot just for 180mp ( I am ok with that).
You complain about 76mm cost in CP, 75 mm Sherman cost no CP and can deal perfectly fine with PIV F2 and all PIV short barrel and PIII, axis also needs CP to unlock better weapons Like stugIV or PIV (76mm perform really good vs them and the 50call on the top make Sherman 76mm a good support for infantry)
Also airborne have this 75mm artillery that is really good for no cp just with the Motor Pool upgrade.
General speaking this doctrine is good. And no it’s no boring to me.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

AB is always the last doc i would play because of what consti said. Why being forced to throw tons of CP´s when other docs can get a solid unit comp for a fraction of the CP´s.

Back to the actual post.
Off map mortar: yes, it maybe could be a bit stronger. On the other hand it can be used not only by the command unit. So no opinion on that really.

Observer squad: It would be cool if this unit could actually recon something. Or being able to call in a strafing run and so on. Right now they are actually no "observer squad" but only a "on the field factory" for units.

Patrole:
Having some sort of unique air supremacy abilities would be quite cool indeed.
MEFISTO wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 20:08
Dude I don’t think you realize how powerful in this game is to have scouts anywhere on the map with just one click, that is insane. AND NO, THIS SQUAD IS NOT MEANT TO BE A KAMIKAZE OR AN AIR RECON that is one of their problem, some of my friends use them like that because it’s worth for them spend 180mp than 350mp for a whole squad or spend 50 ammunition for a recon airplane.
This guys are meant to be A SUPPORT UNIT, capable to supply your troops behind enemies line with 76mm AT, 75mm artillery, 81 mortar (just for this mortar as luftwaffe you need the Falls plus the weapon package, way more expensive). Etc..
You complain about 76mm cost in CP, 75 mm Sherman cost no CP and can deal perfectly fine with PIV F2 and all PIV short barrel and PIII, axis also needs CP to unlock better weapons Like stugIV or PIV (76mm perform really good vs them and the 50call on the top make Sherman 76mm a good support for infantry)
Also airborne have this 75mm artillery that is really good for no cp just with the Motor Pool upgrade.

it would be really cool if BK would actually start to have some tanks to be standard issued tanks without that CP hazzle for every fart. M10, Stug III, F2´s...
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MEFISTO wrote:
The 75mm does good against the F2 ? Its fine, but not doing "good". I am 100% sure, this match up fevors the F2.
Yes this guys are a support unit and they should be a support unit. But right now they are just a tool to drop other units. You could simply just keep the 180MP and put all the call ins into the normal spellbook.
Your talking to me like i bashed my head into a wall when i made this post. Of course i know how strong vision is. Especially after the tank vision changes, but damn, Canadians got observers aswell for examle with more vision binos and the ability to target mark, 25pounder strikes, VT and other shenanigans. THEY are oberserver. The AB once are just a poop unit which cost 180 MP for dropping stuff.

All axis docs have access to a CP less 75mm gun btw.
Nerf Mencius

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Bro I am just saying that have an air drop scout is too strong.
Royal Artillery is able to drop their scouts only in Friendly sectors .

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

If you wouldve read carefully, you see that i wrote no binoculars, just slight more range.
Nerf Mencius

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 20:38
AB is always the last doc i would play because of what consti said. Why being forced to throw tons of CP´s when other docs can get a solid unit comp for a fraction of the CP´s.

Back to the actual post.
Off map mortar: yes, it maybe could be a bit stronger. On the other hand it can be used not only by the command unit. So no opinion on that really.

Observer squad: It would be cool if this unit could actually recon something. Or being able to call in a strafing run and so on. Right now they are actually no "observer squad" but only a "on the field factory" for units.

Patrole:
Having some sort of unique air supremacy abilities would be quite cool indeed.
MEFISTO wrote:

it would be really cool if BK would actually start to have some tanks to be standard issued tanks without that CP hazzle for every fart. M10, Stug III, F2´s...
I don’t understand bro, some patch ago the air patrol was removed from Airborne and Luftwaffe and almost everyone was agreed, why bring it back now? Are You agree bringing back henchels patrol too?
I think Allies have air supremacy with or without patrol any ways.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

because AA got changed ?
Nerf Mencius

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Consti255 wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 21:53
because AA got changed ?
Well in that case I am ok only if we bring bring back henchels patrol, And to be honest, I don’t think that is going to happen.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Patrols are coming not back.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

i would be down for that aswell.

But still, i would also request to tone down the strafe runs of US and axis aswell.
Nerf Mencius

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MarKr wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 22:06
Patrols are coming not back.
Big sad
Nerf Mencius

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I would still ask you and the Devs what they are thinking overall about the 60mm mortar barrage and the addition of boobytraps and mines for the observer sqaud (after the special training unlock).

as i wrote in the post, its not worth to get right now over other CP unlocks since AB needs for everything CP. In my opinion, you cannot advertise AB as one of the most versitile docs, if you put everything other docs have behind CP and have some really "cool" playstlye locked behind CP aswell while its not worth it.

As i said, in my opinion we have 2 ways to balance it out, while i am highly for the 1. suggestion.

Faster on target, tighter spead. Maybe less rounds for exchange. Ammo cost stay as they are.

Ammo cost goes down to 30

Also a overall change i would suggest is that the cooldown is not global anymore and individual to each unit. The Range could be slightly decreased in exchange.
Obersever sqauds get limited to 2 at a time.
Nerf Mencius

Mood

Post by Mood »

Might I suggest adding the "Follow squad" ability to AB's HQ squad? It looked like there were at least two free slots in the UI.