Same weapons different stats?

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Same weapons different stats?

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Hey fellow bk players and developers. Could someone please highlight the stats of Cali Jeep vs Cali, Hotchkiss vs Walking Stuka? I feel like the first two have way higher damage and AOE.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Same weapons different stats?

Post by MarKr »

Both Calliope units have the same damage and AoE, and both those Stuka launchers have the same damage and AoE.

EDIT: or did you want specific numbers?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

calli jeep is simply more precise. devs didnt want them with 12 missiles so they turned into a 6x guided missile launcher.

Walking stuka also seems weird to me. It just makes big explosions but thats often it. 210 nebler and hotchkiss have less fireball like explosions but in return seem to have a lot more shrapnel like explosions. a Maultier barrage is in my opinion way more scary than a walking stuka salvo. Perhaps its just me.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

@MarkR

Could you please check the numbers? I was extremely sure that Hotchkiss kills infantry so much better. Maybe it's due to the animation as Hawks explained. Stuka has a nuke explosion but it seems like there is almost no damage at the edge of it, whilst hotchkiss rockets blow infantry even outside of the visual effect.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Both units use the same "projectile file" which determines what sort of visual effect the weapon has on hit, so even the animation should be the same. Also the AoE, base damage and TTs are set the same way. I found some differences in settings of performance vs infantry in some cover types but from the numbers I see here, the stuka halftrack should actually deal more damage in those cases than the stuka Hotchkiss, which is the opposite of what you described.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Visual effects are 100% different. As for the damage… what is the experience of others, guys?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Even the sound of explosions is different. Stuka makes a big boom sound. Hotchkiss and 210 nebler is more some sound of a relaxing chillout beat. Its not even a beat. Its like someone drops a very soft and loose snowball.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 31 Oct 2021, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK, I've found the the reason why the animations were different and it will be fixed in the next update, but it is still just a visual effect that has nothing to do with the actual weapon stats.

(Man, you gotta love Hawk's exaggerations where he takes something as small as a mosquito and describes it as a 300 story skyscraper :lol: )

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Too which animation?
The current Stuka or the current Hotchkiss one?
Nerf Mencius