British tank commanders

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Frost

British tank commanders

Post by Frost »

So currently in order to unlock tank commanders you must have a command vehicle on top of an armour command truck which is  t4/5? Essentially, you can get most tanks such as Cromwell and Sherman but without tank commander.... i feel like that is unfair to british and generally make no sense and should be treated the same as the rest of the factions whereby as soon as you have a t3 you can get tank commanders which are comparable to armor command truck for the UK.

Redgaarden

Re: British tank commanders

Post by Redgaarden »

What vehicles do you put TC in?
What do you use the TC for?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Frost

Post by Frost »

Redgaarden wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 16:22
bulldozers

better construction

Sgtsmith501

Post by Sgtsmith501 »

Redgaarden wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 16:22
The power of a tank commander in a lend-lease 75mm Sherman in Canadian Army Support firing off HE which can hit small targets reliably and with deadly precision. Then you have the Cromwell which needs to get quite close due to its poor accuracy and especially struggles killing vetted inf. The Cromwell especially is helped by having a tank commander in it for dealing with small targets due to the increase in accuracy. Again as Frost stated, it costs a lot (captain 200mp 30 fuel and isn't even needed to get the armour truck) and the command tank Cromwell (300mp 70 fuel) before you can buy a tank commander. More often than not, UKF players aren't trying to rush CP spend to getting fireflies/Achilles/76mm Sherman call in x2 until something bigger than a panzer IV shows up. Royal Engineers however of course, will be so they can get their Churchills rolling. Meanwhile of course, if I were any other faction so long as I have their respective tank depot structure built they can buy their tank commanders. :|

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Is the Cromwell's 75mm gun the same as the one on the Churchill?

I support reducing the fuel paywall for CW main stay tanks, or in other words: the Cromwell and CW Sherman are lacking in mid game against tanks, but almost everything else is locked behind a relatively useless (at that stage, with few fielded tanks) and expensive Command tank. The MP costing TC might help if it were available.

PS: I think it would be beneficial to move the TC to the Field Support Truck (2nd one) and locking it until Armor Truck is fielded.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I think the command tank in general is just a boring fuel consuming unit that should not be a tiering unit imo.
The captain and leutanat are usefull tools that are worth useing, given for faster vet and retreat stuff and binos.
But why on earth would you ever need a command tank that only can call down smoke and thats it in a doc like RAF or Canadians?
Like seriously it just costs upkeep and i often just send it to death if i am not playing RE.
If i see it dying, i rather invest my micro into different things because it has that less importance for me.

I know, CWs tiering system is arround officiers but come on, the command tank is useless in 2 out of 3 docs. Infantry or Airborn dont have the M20 command for a reason.

i would rather just increase prices on the last tier CW tanks and skip this unit as a tier option.
Take Canadians for example they just get this piece of junk for the Achillies and thats it.
Nerf Mencius

Sgtsmith501

Post by Sgtsmith501 »

Diablo wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 16:12
Is the Cromwell's 75mm gun the same as the one on the Churchill?

I support reducing the fuel paywall for CW main stay tanks, or in other words: the Cromwell and CW Sherman are lacking in mid game against tanks, but almost everything else is locked behind a relatively useless (at that stage, with few fielded tanks) and expensive Command tank. The MP costing TC might help if it were available.

PS: I think it would be beneficial to move the TC to the Field Support Truck (2nd one) and locking it until Armor Truck is fielded.
The Cromwell and the anti-infantry Churchill variants both have the same QF 75mm gun but of course for whatever reason, the Cromwell's accuracy against anything smaller than a vehicle is a tad off usually to put it mildly. The CW 75mm Sherman is fine as it is at the moment. If you pick Canadian army support then for a modest 90 munitions it's just as effective as US shermans at killing infantry since it can toggle HE as long as it wants. Royal engineers then of course you have tulip rockets instead. If you have it firing APC fighting something like a stug or Panzer IV H/J then usually say 2 in 5 rounds might pen. It won't win a 1v1 fight but if there's two of them firing APC then it could more so go in their favour

Sgtsmith501

Post by Sgtsmith501 »

Consti255 wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 19:53
I think the command tank in general is just a boring fuel consuming unit that should not be a tiering unit imo.
The captain and leutanat are usefull tools that are worth useing, given for faster vet and retreat stuff and binos.
But why on earth would you ever need a command tank that only can call down smoke and thats it in a doc like RAF or Canadians?
Like seriously it just costs upkeep and i often just send it to death if i am not playing RE.
If i see it dying, i rather invest my micro into different things because it has that less importance for me.

I know, CWs tiering system is arround officiers but come on, the command tank is useless in 2 out of 3 docs. Infantry or Airborn dont have the M20 command for a reason.

i would rather just increase prices on the last tier CW tanks and skip this unit as a tier option.
Take Canadians for example they just get this piece of junk for the Achillies and thats it.
Eh Canadians get the M4A3(76) x2 call in and the firefly and the Churchill QF 57mm (AT) for their tank unlocks. No Achilles for them. Only RAF and Royal engineers get that

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

whoops sorry i meant RAF, not Canadians. My bad.
Nerf Mencius