Test out 2 men sniper sqauds

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Consti255

Test out 2 men sniper sqauds

Post by Consti255 »

The recent sniper changes limited Snipers to 1 for each player.
In general i really like the change and it should stay. But i think it was a a little drawback for AB,Luft and RAF with their dropable sniper.
Air docs should have the elite sqauds arround all docs and they have fittable CP unlocks getting those units. (droped by command units, HQ Glider)
I think it is finally time to introduce and test out 2 men sniper sqauds for this 3 docs. One sniper and one spotter.
All docs lack arty and the limitation to 1 prevents Snipers with vision to operate as a line defense on their own. So it wouldnt just be the most fitting, i would also the most balanced option in my opinion.

AB Recon Sqaud

Cost: 350 MP
- 2 men sqaud
- 1x Springfield 1903 1x M1A1 carbine
Abilitys: 1. crawl (passive camo) , 2. Binoculars , 3. Hold fire , 4. Spotting ability
Build Menu : AP mines after CP unlock special training.

Deployed by the AB HQ or HQ sqaud via paradrop.

Luft Recon Sqaud

- 2 men sqaud
- 1x G43 sniper 1x MP40 (maybe 1x FG42 to spice things up)
Abilitys: 1. crawl (passive camo) , 2. Binoculars, 3. Hold fire, 4. Spotting ability
Build Menu : SCHuH AP Mine after the cost drop CP unlock

Deployed by Luft commander via paradrop.

RAF Recon Sqaud
- 2 men sqaud
- 1x Lee Enfield Sniper 1x Sten
Abilitys: 1. crawl (passive camo) , 2. Binoculars , 3. Hold fire , 4. Spotting ability
Build Menu : Triangleradio

Buildable in the HQ glider after the 2. CP unlock.

What do you think?
Nerf Mencius

Diablo

Re: Test out 2 men sniper sqauds

Post by Diablo »

Micromanagement will suffer. E.g. having to wait for one of the two to stop moving, to get in cover etc.

A secondary weapon might be a problem with targeting an revealing of the squad. The ranges do not match, so clicking an enemy could send the squad forward and into carbine range. Also the higher fire rate of the spotter's weapon would regularly uncloak him, possibly giving away the squad's position.

Other than that, I'm very interested to try.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Maybe 2 different Hold fire abilitys?

Other than that, i am pretty sure you almost 90% of the time you are useing the Binos of the spotter so there will be no Range differences.
Nerf Mencius

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Luft recon with g43 and fg42 will be over powered imo. fg42 it's a super strong weapon in bk mod. And u have two men squad with scoped g43 witch already a nice rifle and fg42 witch a best automatic rifle in a whole game

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I disagree.
I dont think it would make a whole much of an impact.
The Squad should get the same HP as a sniper but shared over 2 men.
Sure they scale with CP unlocks, but it shouldnt make them like a op thing. Also the spotter is most likely 95% in his binoculars.

I think it is worth a try in a beta version.
And if it feels too strong, its still possible to give the spotter a MP40 or even a K98.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I would give it a try perhaps.

But what i definately would do is to increase the recon squad sizes.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

How much members?
Nerf Mencius

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

A long long time ago snipers had the vision of a recon unit. This made snipers ridiculously strong because they could essentially kite outside the FOW. High skilled players could 1v12 with the sniper. The idea behind removing that vision on the sniper was to make snipers a support unit that required other units like a spotter or even front line squad function to its full extent. Otherwise it’s should be relatively weak standing alone as a support.

Adding a spotter to this sniper starts to make it go back into the 2man army space i think. Having a second for durability is one thing, but I think giving it any more capability is a step back from the intended change from reducing the unit limit.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Back in days there were no spotting abilitys available to counter enemy hidden units. I would also mentioned out again, that getting 2 men into cover is harder than just 1.
Also i would remove the rapid fire ability for those sqauds to reduce their capabilitys alone.
Nerf Mencius

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

kwok wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 19:28
A long long time ago snipers had the vision of a recon unit. This made snipers ridiculously strong because they could essentially kite outside the FOW. High skilled players could 1v12 with the sniper. The idea behind removing that vision on the sniper was to make snipers a support unit that required other units like a spotter or even front line squad function to its full extent. Otherwise it’s should be relatively weak standing alone as a support.

Adding a spotter to this sniper starts to make it go back into the 2man army space i think. Having a second for durability is one thing, but I think giving it any more capability is a step back from the intended change from reducing the unit limit.
+1 agree

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I think it is worth a try. If it feels to strong, it cam be simply reverted within a beta testing.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Make them two men perhaps, remove rapid fire, drop the HP of the individual solider.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 18:44
Make them two men perhaps, remove rapid fire, drop the HP of the individual solider.
that's no point if sniper in out of range any weapon except other snipers

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

I don't understand, limited snipers to one trying to reduce their impact in the game was the proposal, are you trying to buff snipers again?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Its not like a flat out buff.
Its a test out of recon sqauds.
All these paradroped docs are perfect for the testing (they are locked behind tiering/CP aswell to balance things out). Its not a big deal to change that for the devs in terms of work and as i said, if it is to strong, it will be no problem reverting that.
Nerf Mencius