SAS as Sabotage sqaud

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Frost

Re: SAS as Sabotage sqaud

Post by Frost »

Consti255 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 16:16
Totally agree here.
Even now, there is no problem playing commando only. The thing you lack is zooks. Which would get introduced to Royal Commandos or what i think even better to piat commandos.
Actually i was discussing today something really weird with commandos, well you see all elite infantry in the game currently have passive Camo from storms to CQC etc.. and all you need to do is simply pay 2 CP to unlock them right? but that is not the case for commandos oddly enough in order to unlock their camo you need 2 Cp for glider and another 2 Cp for yet another Glider upgrade and finally another 2 CP for camo training.... doesn't that feel bit off? even Luftwaffe infantry come with passive camo but not commandos..... also same thing with SAS they come already with passive camo.

Also another point that i discussed and i loved to bring it up here so we already said that section multi-role to really amazing degree right? technically with commandos your section are supposed to be obsolete thanks to the elite status of your infantry so.... i made a suggestion to add VKO k as an upgrade to enfield commandos after weapon training and make bren the default upgrade for ammo which didn't seem to interest anyone (btw the weapon already exist for commandos jeep) so my point is to actually make the weapon training offer commandos abilities similar to section where they can do multi-role tasks depending on what type you use like enfield commandos can upgrade marksmen or sten commandos perhaps get VKO something like that that is really worth the 2 CP investment.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I think the camo from them is better than other camos, since you can fire several rounds undetected. I think its even 3 for the commando sniper.
But the commando sniper has a active ability but all other commandos not. so i might be wrong. I would like to give this active camo ambush thing to all commandos aswell. (same like piat,zook shrek ambush).
So they have passive camo which reveals them after shooting, or the planned one which takes atleased 6-8 rounds to get deteced. How about that ?
Yeah but is the VKO in the game that soldiers can hold it? I dont know. Also Rifles should get it than instead of the Bren not Sten commandos.
Nerf Mencius

Frost

Post by Frost »

Consti255 wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 09:53
I think the camo from them is better than other camos, since you can fire several rounds undetected. I think its even 3 for the commando sniper.
But the commando sniper has a active ability but all other commandos not. so i might be wrong. I would like to give this active camo ambush thing to all commandos aswell. (same like piat,zook shrek ambush).
So they have passive camo which reveals them after shooting, or the planned one which takes atleased 6-8 rounds to get deteced. How about that ?
Yeah but is the VKO in the game that soldiers can hold it? I dont know. Also Rifles should get it than instead of the Bren not Sten commandos.
Yep the main idea is to have something to compensate for the weapon training some kind of extraordinary weapon that add very good amount of fire power or make your rifle commandos really standoff or perhaps abilities like section.

also as far i know it is not really better... although that would sound cool perhaps make the silenced stens of SAS standout in that regard? sounds pretty good after camo training maybe you can upgrade for you sten commandos as well.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Silenced Stens should be a thing arround SAS as a sabotage unit. Giving them the ability to make a ambush in a 2v1 scenario even better.
i would even say 8-10 Shots out of the invis before getting detected.
Since they whill get a reduced sqaud size, they wont be able to wipe the enemy units that fast nor winning a 1v2 scenario.
Nerf Mencius

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

So you're saying that they should be able to shoot 8-10 bazooka shots before getting revealed?

I kinda hate invisible shooters. The only one I can accept are the 2 man squad from airborne

EDIT: Or we do so SAS can't pick up weapons?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Sgtsmith501

Post by Sgtsmith501 »

Redgaarden wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 12:17
So you're saying that they should be able to shoot 8-10 bazooka shots before getting revealed?

I kinda hate invisible shooters. The only one I can accept are the 2 man squad from airborne

Keep in mind camouflage ambush is kinda wonky. For AT infantry teams specifically. Sometimes you set them in ambush and they'll never auto fire at a vehicle. Sometimes they will. Sometimes you need to click the vehicle in question. And sometimes when you do even that they won't stay cloaked when they fire. It's wonky as hell.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Gotta say RAF on low res is quite unbeatable... I'd welcome a change to SAS, but mainly if they are delayed.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Redgaarden wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 12:17

They are a sabotage sqaud and not like the recent royal marines.
They shouldnt be able to pickup bazookas/shreks.
Infiltration Rangers are the only unit that does it while also beeing unable to pickup any weapon.
But, if you loose your bazooka carrier the bazooka wont rotate among the sqaud.
And this happens often against Tanks with HE and top gunners.
Nerf Mencius