Spotters, Binoculars, VT´s

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Redgaarden

Re: Spotters, Binoculars, VT´s

Post by Redgaarden »

Think most of these claims are outdated and dealt with. Since it's a 7 year old post.
I like your idea about more units having spotter role/abilities. I would just add, I'd find it interesting to test a mode where spotters don't have an insane vision field around them, but have to use spotting ability, like decrease spotter vison around him, but increase spotting range and field diameter and duration for special spotter ability. Maybe that way 2 or 3 spotters wont see most of the map all the time, making more elements of surprise.
I dont really understand. you want more but less effective spotters? They have to be micromanaged more? You want spotters to be unable to spot surprise attacks.
And can't you say radius instead of diameter? Can't see a unit that is 20 meters away because I got 38 Diameter spotting. Should spotters be unable to move while using the ability? How long should the duration be?

What use should the spotter have? the same just a little worse?

My head hurts trying to figure out if you want the spotters to have less total vision when ability is active, the same amount of vision or more than current binos.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Stug Life wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 21:58
I like your idea about more units having spotter role/abilities. I would just add, I'd find it interesting to test a mode where spotters don't have an insane vision field around them, but have to use spotting ability, like decrease spotter vison around him, but increase spotting range and field diameter and duration for special spotter ability. Maybe that way 2 or 3 spotters wont see most of the map all the time, making more elements of surprise.
Great War 1918 mod does this (assuming I'm interpreting your post correctly), it's pretty nice. I'd love to see this in BK. We can't have proper LoS due to engine limitations, but this is a decent alternative. It also creates some opportunities for more asymmetric balancing of factions / docs.

On the flip-side, I don't think everyone shares this sentiment since I don't hear people talk about vision much in-game (which is weird, considering how massive of an impact it has). Without polling a large sample of players, it'd be difficult to determine whether the majority of the playerbase would be on board.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

CGarr wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 20:55

On the flip-side, I don't think everyone shares this sentiment since I don't hear people talk about vision much in-game (which is weird, considering how massive of an impact it has). Without polling a large sample of players, it'd be difficult to determine whether the majority of the playerbase would be on board.
I think people simply love to easily get vision to their already easily accessable arty. Why would they hate it? I mean one common thing is that when i see a krad coming towards me, the arty follows literally instantly.
Build more AA Walderschmidt