More possible SE changes

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Consti255

More possible SE changes

Post by Consti255 »

Howdy,
after playing the beta many times, SE is going in the right direction for sure, but i think there are still possible ways to make some of the CP unlocks more potent and making units more of a valid option.

1. Infantry with CP upgrades

In this post here i am speaking very detailed about it, why SE needs some infantry CP upgrades: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4463&p=40067&hilit ... ork#p40067

Short story, Assault Pioniers turn into SS pios after a CP upgrade with more health, one Vet and the ability to get 4 STGs in total at the beginning because they are scaling poorly. For that heavy grens get removed from SE. After the Beta changes for flamethrowers on grens, the heavy grens are even less necessary in this doc.

2. Boobytrap/building demo useability
Boobytraps and the building demo ability (sabotage sqaud) are pretty expensive CP wise. An idea came to my mind to make SE more like a scorched earth doc to make it hard for enemys to advance.
Is it possible to make trenches targetable for bobytraps and the building demo ability? So you can bait in enemy troops into booby trenches and blow them up?
This would be exclusively possible for the sabotage sqaud from SE for 4 CP

3. Hummel/ heavy ammo HT
Touching the Hummel is quite tricky ,because its by far the best SPG statwise in the game. Making it too cheap would be flat out op but leaving it like now makes it underpperforming. Still, i dont think touching it directly is the right way, so we could change the heavy ammo HT CP unlock to be more impactfull for such a late CP unlock.

two options for the HT came into my mind
  • 1. Make the AoE where ammo cost is decreaed wider and make it reduce more ammo for the hummel salvos.
  • 2. Turn the heavy ammo HT more into a logistic vehicle, with the ability to buff certain ammo points for a noticeabe ammount.
Personally i would love the 2. option, because it would enable you later into the game to have more ammo available to make full use of your unit roaster and CP tree. SE need so much ammo, that is actually impossible to maintain.
Mines,Boobys,Arty,Flame nades, Inf upgrades and Tank upgrades.
In most scenarios you cant even use HE from your Beute shermans because you never have ammo.

You could argue, you have the Ammo swap ability for SE. But lets be honest... Its 100ammo for 100fuel.. thats terrible. Not the numbers but even the whole idea, SE is one of the ammo hungry docs, which need fuel aswell. I noticed it even more in the Beta after the Nashorns came back into SE.
You also have to get panzer IIIs nonestop because there HE is for free, so you can safe ammo for other purposes.
Nerf Mencius