Inf doc Jackson price

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Inf doc Jackson price

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I was surprised to see that it still costs whooping 700 MP and 110 fuel. That’s almost double the comet price and more expensive than Panther.

Imo a niche tank destroyer like that should cost aprox 550 MP and 80 Fuel.

Warhawks97

Re: Inf doc Jackson price

Post by Warhawks97 »

Devs decided to go along with HEAT rounds for Jumbos to further weaken Jacks B position in this doc. I am also surprised to still see this cost being that high. Its costs as much as a Panther currently.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 14:37
Devs decided to go along with HEAT rounds for Jumbos to further weaken Jacks B position in this doc. I am also surprised to still see this cost being that high. Its costs as much as a Panther currently.
It can one shot a panther now, specially using AP 100% penetration chance so panther destroy or critical damage.
I think price is good.
What I think should be improved is Jackson accuracy.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Dude, it is like the entire mod balance is built around Panther. :D

AP decreases damaged and therefore one shot is impossible, unless it’s a lucky 5% chance.

Compare this unit with Nashorn that cost 80 Fuel and has the best cannon in the game with camo + 80 range.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Upd: Turns out that Panther D costs 90 fuel at the moment, which makes Jackson’s price completely insane.

As for accuracy, I agree. I think 90mm as well as long 88 mm (KT) should have better accuracy, their reloading time is long and every miss is such a pain.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 05:56
Upd: Turns out that Panther D costs 90 fuel at the moment, which makes Jackson’s price completely insane.

As for accuracy, I agree. I think 90mm as well as long 88 mm (KT) should have better accuracy, their reloading time is long and every miss is such a pain.
Bro a Panther is no match for M36 Jackson (infantry version)
That Jackson can one shot a panther after the rework or if the panther survive it will be a critic damage.
90mm gun AP =100% penetration chance (if hits) panther destroy.
I am not against 90mm fire power just to be clear, but with a bit accuracy or range for Jackson, panther is not match at all. And not even talk about Pershing.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

MEFISTO wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 15:05
Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:

Bro a Panther is no match for M36 Jackson (infantry version)
That Jackson can one shot a panther after the rework or if the panther survive it will be a critic damage.
90mm gun AP =100% penetration chance (if hits) panther destroy.
I am not against 90mm fire power just to be clear, but with a bit accuracy or range for Jackson, panther is not match at all. And not even talk about Pershing.
Idk why you keep comparing every single unit with Panther like if Axis had no other units at their disposal.

Panther is main battle tank with decent armor that can take on most of threats (infantry and medium tanks) extremely well. Whereas Jackson is a pure tank destroyer with a paper armor, it is supposed to be good at one single thing - tank busting, preferably from the defensive position.

The rule of any weapon or unit in any game - well rounded = expensive. Narrow oriented and easily countered = cheaper then well rounded units that it is supposed to counter. Jackson completely falls off in terms of that.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Jackson price is fine it just needs a bit better accuracy.
This Infantry Jackson have a decent armor and a superb 90mm cannon capable to take down any axis medium tank and now 1 shot a panther, price is fine just accuracy needs to be improved.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 15:35
This Infantry Jackson have a decent armor and a superb 90mm cannon capable to take down any axis medium tank and now 1 shot a panther, price is fine just accuracy needs to be improved.
Dude, panther is cheaper and has armor to withstand most stuff. And a gun capable of killing any axis tank.

Jack's has quite weak armor and nothing against infantry. It is as sukin said highly specialized.

A jagdpanzer IV /70 can kill Pershing and jumbos while costing just half as much. Would you want a IV/70 to cost as much as A Pershing? I guess not.
The Jack's cost more than a Panther while it should cost actually less due to its highly specialized role.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
I'm curious - how accurate do you think they are now at max range? And how accurate should they be?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Jackson accuracy was already buffed, guys.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 15:52
MEFISTO wrote:
Dude, panther is cheaper and has armor to withstand most stuff. And a gun capable of killing any axis tank.

Jack's has quite weak armor and nothing against infantry. It is as sukin said highly specialized.

A jagdpanzer IV /70 can kill Pershing and jumbos while costing just half as much. Would you want a IV/70 to cost as much as A Pershing? I guess not.
The Jack's cost more than a Panther while it should cost actually less due to its highly specialized role.
I get the point, but Jgdpanzer IV /70 is a tank hunter can’t rotate turret and price difference is 40 fuel compare with Jackson infantry version.
Panther new role is fight medium tanks and for that bk doctrine have PIV stugIV for cheaper price basically BK is naked vs armor doctrine late game.
Jackson just need better accuracy other way if you reduce Jackson price it will become in a 5CP unit easy to spam in a doctrine that have really good infantry and good artillery capabilities plus supply yard.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 16:12
Jackson accuracy was already buffed, guys.
Something i forgot to add, Panther.D costs 90 fuel only in Blitz but more expensive in Luft.. keep that in mind.

Generally speaking.. i don't think jackson B1 is over-priced.
Although i don't care if it gets price reduction.. but prefer not.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:
MEFISTO wrote:

I get the point, but Jgdpanzer IV /70 is a tank hunter can’t rotate turret and price difference is 40 fuel compare with Jackson infantry version.
Panther new role is fight medium tanks and for that bk doctrine have PIV stugIV for cheaper price basically BK is naked vs armor doctrine late game.
Jackson just need better accuracy other way if you reduce Jackson price it will become in a 5CP unit easy to spam in a doctrine that have really good infantry and good artillery capabilities plus supply yard.

The IV/70 has Tiger armor and 75 range from ambush with powerfull bonuses. The Jacks has Sherman 76 armor and is much easier to hit. It also has 60 basic range (IV/70 has 65) and 70 from Stationary. But Stationary mode usually means death to units and only cheaper units can actually make use of it. Expensive units just become sitting ducks and thus prime targets.

I would pick the IV/70 and also Nashorn everytime over The Jacks B. They simply have more power with their guns, more range or simply survive longer due to superior armor. The Jacks is weaker in terms of survivability than the IV/70 while also having less range and pen power than the Nashorn. And both are a lot better in their role as dedicated TD.

And the Panther has the power to fight any target, just you shouldnt rush braindead into all threats. And you must be kidding when you say the Panzer IV can do panthers job. The Panzer IV struggles with enemie mediums as it has much weaker pen power, mobility and armor.

The Panther is a allrounder that always dominates in one area. Either in firepower, armor or mobility. But he has no enemie that can outbeat it in all these categories. Just make use of it.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 16:48
MEFISTO wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:

The IV/70 has Tiger armor and 75 range from ambush with powerfull bonuses. The Jacks has Sherman 76 armor and is much easier to hit. It also has 60 basic range (IV/70 has 65) and 70 from Stationary. But Stationary mode usually means death to units and only cheaper units can actually make use of it. Expensive units just become sitting ducks and thus prime targets.

I would pick the IV/70 and also Nashorn everytime over The Jacks B. They simply have more power with their guns, more range or simply survive longer due to superior armor. The Jacks is weaker in terms of survivability than the IV/70 while also having less range and pen power than the Nashorn. And both are a lot better in their role as dedicated TD.

And the Panther has the power to fight any target, just you shouldnt rush braindead into all threats. And you must be kidding when you say the Panzer IV can do panthers job. The Panzer IV struggles with enemie mediums as it has much weaker pen power, mobility and armor.

The Panther is a allrounder that always dominates in one area. Either in firepower, armor or mobility. But he has no enemie that can outbeat it in all these categories. Just make use of it.
Yes me too I still prefer Nashorn and L70 tank hunter even if Nashorn amor is way weaker but it’s fire power is the best, the problem here is you will turn a 5cp unit that have a really good canon (90mm) in a tank easy to spam with the supply yard upgrade, that is why I don’t like a price reduction, just improve it’s accuracy a bit more.
About panther yes it’s easier to deal with allies medium tanks for sure but in terms of late game you have no chance vs armor heavy tanks BECAUSE PANTHER IS ONE SHOT VS 90mm, you don’t necessarily have to go brain dead toward a 90mm but it doesn’t change the fact one shot will destroy the panther or will do a critic.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

MarKr wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 16:01
Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
I'm curious - how accurate do you think they are now at max range? And how accurate should they be?
I feel like KT with no vet and commander inside will miss 3 out of 10 shots from the max distance.

As for the Jacks, I haven’t used it much since the accuracy buff (mostly due to the price). If both hit at least 8/10 shots from the max distance then it’s ok, guess that I was unlucky with KTs.