Scorched Earth "rework"

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Consti255

Scorched Earth "rework"

Post by Consti255 »

i think in general the doctrine is fine but it could get some attention in some parts and changes core gameplay behind this doc.

State of SE:
In general, i think it is the doc with the most questionable CP unlocks in the whole mod. Also i think that SE should work like a little different def doc with the focus of mines,Fire weapons and sneaky infantry supported by Beutepanzer and TDs.

CP unlocks Chnages:
First of all, it got no dedicated infantry unit which can be buffed by CP unlocks, every other doc has such.
I think the most fitting Unit which can take this spot are the assault pios/sabotage sqaud.
A CP upgrade fo those units could just be as the Royal Sappers in terms of power.

Where to implement it?
The Right tree which goes down from Roadblocks --> Mines --> mortar Bunker is by far the most wired path in the game, it actually offers not much except AT mines for 2 CP which US can basicly buy.
Noone uses roadblocks, since they are so hard to place any good and also cost MP.
Just make Roadblocks available after doc picking and the AT mines after the first 1 CP unlock.

This both CP unlocks should go and could make space fore the new infantry focused unlocks.
Boobytraps get reduced to 1 CP cost and the new 3 CP available go into the new unlocks presented.

1. one
Cost: 1 CP
Name: Mine training
Ability: Gives Stormpioniers, Sabotage squad and other vehicles the ability to lay down AT mines. And reduce the price of mines.

2. one
Cost 2 CP
Name: SS-School
Ability: Stormpioniers turn into SS-Pioniers get a free Vet 1 increase the gain and the Sabotage Sqaud get a free Vet 1 and increases the gain. Also give SS-Pios the fire-up ability and the ability to get 2 Stgs.

Since the Fire Bundle gets unlock right away after the CP unlock for them, there is space for the STG upgrade. (reference to my post below)

3. one
Mortar Bunker becomes a solo standing 3 CP unlock.

Why the mine changes?
For some reason Def doc already got cheaper mines but they dont need it as SE needs it. Since Def doc got plenty of TDs, emplacements etc, you dont spend ammo into Mines, but SE does.
Last edited by Consti255 on 12 Jun 2021, 13:14, edited 5 times in total.
Nerf Mencius

Diablo

Re: Scorched Earth "rework"

Post by Diablo »

Consti255 wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 02:05
Noone uses roadblocks, since they are so hard to place any good and also cost MP.
Just make roadblocks available after doc picking and the AT mines after the first 1 CP unlock.
Is there any way to make the "no build area" around Roadblocks smaller? This would help greatly with placement.

Having them for 0 CP as a doc specific thing doesn't sound bad. But they can be constructed fairly quickly and cover a much wider area than tank traps for just 50MP, so maybe there is a reason for the current 1 CP price.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Compared to normal tank traps, the road blocks also have more HP os it takes longer to destroy them, they cannot be crushed (not sure if the normal tank traps in BK are crushable as in vCoH), block bigger area and so you can create "funnels" and dead zones. But it does require a lot of micro, that's true.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MarKr wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 08:39
Compared to normal tank traps, the road blocks also have more HP os it takes longer to destroy them, they cannot be crushed (not sure if the normal tank traps in BK are crushable as in vCoH), block bigger area and so you can create "funnels" and dead zones. But it does require a lot of micro, that's true.
Yeah i defnitly agree, but they cost 50MP and are really hard to place on the map.
They have a great idea behind them and funnels ala tower defense could work, but it is nearly impossible.

You can make them 0 CP but increase the build time by a bit.
Last edited by Consti255 on 08 Jun 2021, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Nerf Mencius

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Also what i forgot to mention, the fire bundle nade from the assault pios is kinda useless, it cost wapping 75ammo to upgrade and does not clear out 17. pounder emplacements and such along the time burning.
Maybe there has to be something done aswell. Maybe give Assault Pios the ability to swap ability slots and make it availabe ammo less after you got the CP upgrade?

An CP upgraded assault Pio could than be transformed into a emplacement counter with short range weapons. After clearing your sabotage sqaud could do the rest by finishing it off.
Nerf Mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Consti255 wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 09:51
Yeah i defnitly agree, but they cost 50MP and are really hard to place on the map.
They have a great idea behind them and funnels ala tower defense could work, but in is nearly impossible.

You can make them 0 CP but increase the build time by a bit.
Generally speaking, defenses that take long time to build become not used - remember bunkers when they took like 3 minutes to build?
If they cost less, they can potentially be spammed and you can pretty much lock off entire parts of maps...

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

mhh, i think it is worth a try to just make them CP less than and see if player use them more frequently than they should be intended.
Nerf Mencius