[Beta] - MG teams secondary weapons

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Red

[Beta] - MG teams secondary weapons

Post by Red »

Dear fellow Blitzkriegers,

It seems that in the most recent beta update the MG teams now field carbines instead of SMGs as secondary weapons. Whis works as intended in trenches, but it does not work at all in buildings. The reason is, that it is basically luck in which window the MG will deploy. And if it deploys in a bad spot, by the time it changes position, the MG team will now be wiped out. With the SMGs, it was possible to hold hostile infantry at bay long enough for the MG to switch positions in most cases. Now, the hostiles just rush the building, and that's it for the occupying MG team.
Is there a way to tell the MG which window to use? If not, please find a way to balance this!

Thank you!

Tulkas

Re: [Beta] - Mg equipos de armas secundarias

Post by Tulkas »

I think that if it were possible to implement an option to tell the MG in which window to position itself, as you mentioned, it would be of great help, in my opinion.

berse2212

Re: [Beta] - Mg equipos de armas secundarias

Post by berse2212 »

Tulkas wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 18:10
I think that if it were possible to implement an option to tell the MG in which window to position itself, as you mentioned, it would be of great help, in my opinion.
That feature was in CoH2 but sadly I don't think it's possible to implement in CoH1. I would love to be proven wrong though since I really would appreciate it! It's really sad if your MG looses the first encounter because it was looking out the wrong window...

MarKr
Team Member

Re: [Beta] - MG teams secondary weapons

Post by MarKr »

I guess it would be possible to give the MGs the "Shoot ground" order back. Although, I think it was removed for some reason (it allowed some glitch or something?).

Anyway - way to balance it on your own would be to have an infantry team nearby to cover flanks.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

MarKr wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 19:20
I guess it would be possible to give the MGs the "Shoot ground" order back. Although, I think it was removed for some reason (it allowed some glitch or something?).

Anyway - way to balance it on your own would be to have an infantry team nearby to cover flanks.
i guess the only thing that you could maaaybe abuse with its to supress a zone before enemy infantry arrives or supressing behind bushes? since the suppresion has an AOE zone.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yeah - THAT!

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 22:15
Yeah - THAT!
Could you make it a timed ability with a cooldown to prevent abuse?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Probably not. The "attack ground" is hard coded. A unit either has it or not and I don't think the ability can be tweaked either.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Shame.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Red

Post by Red »

Is there the possibility to do a facing-thing, like for AT emplacements?
Or like some of the tank turrets?

Totally agree that shoot ground can be abused too much.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

HMGs have the "facing" ability but it doesn't work in buildings. I even in the past to enable it in buildings but it didn't work.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Maybe it would be possible to have the MG shoot some kind of rifle grenade at an area (as opposed to unit) through an ability. Nothing would actually fly out of the gun but it might give an impuls to pack up the MG. I reckon they would set it up to face the target side then.

Like an attack order.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

That might work, actually...

Red

Post by Red »

When I was talking about the facing thing for AT emplacements, I was talking about this button in particular:
Face weapon.jpg

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

When I was talking about the button not working for MGs in bulding, I was talking about that button too :D

Red

Post by Red »

MarKr wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 10:15
When I was talking about the button not working for MGs in bulding, I was talking about that button too :D
Thanks for the clarification, I was not sure, because the button disappears when an MG enters a building.
Now I know why! :lol:
MG Outside.jpg
MG Inside.jpg

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

The pseudo rifle nade could work.
Lets hope its not a Boys AT sniper.
Nerf Mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Could, although the MG is a deployable weapon, it has set up and pack up animations so I suspect that making the MG "shoot agrenade" will result in in the MG packing up, moving to the side of the building you want, setting up in a window, shooting the grenade, packing up again, changing weapon back to "MG", and setting up again.

If this is the case it would be wonky as hell.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Ohh thats sad.
How much work is such a ability?
Nerf Mencius

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

1. is attack ground with MG's necessarily a bad thing? it's not uncommon for MG's to just spray an area without seeing the target just to suppress the area.

2. can small arms weapons type even attack ground? i thought they literally couldn't. markr, what's your magic.

3. i think using the rotate team weapon might work? i haven't tried, maybe i can tonight. the one that's used for emplaced AT guns.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

kwok wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 21:19
2. can small arms weapons type even attack ground? i thought they literally couldn't. markr, what's your magic.
A true/false switch :lol:

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

yeah but does it work? i tried it once in coh2 at least and it farted out/did nothing.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.