Stormtroopers Path BETA

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MEFISTO

Stormtroopers Path BETA

Post by MEFISTO »

I think It's a good thing to have Suppression Stormtroopers unlock by 3cp but..
Demolition squad in my opinion have a more importan role in stormtroopers path, since they have demolition charges and can plant Booby traps, what make them a good combination when infiltrate together in a town.
In the beta that changed since you can't infiltrate Demolition Stormtroopers (only able to deploy from storm halftruck)
It would be great if both stormtroopers and Demolition Stormtroopers get unlocked in the same 2 cp and let demolition squad infiltrate like in the live version.
The stormtrooper path could be like this:
2CP---(stormtroppers and Demolition Stormtroopers)----2CP(hlftruck)-------3CP(full training)
|
|
1CP(Suppression Stormtroopers)

This changes can make this doctrine more focus in elit assault infiltration squads combined with medium tanks instead a panther rush.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Stormtroopers Path BETA

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

is it no longer possible to call-in Demo Storm squad from off-map or spawn them into houses?
If so, then definitely that needs to be brought back.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

At the very least I would like demo squads infiltrate-able.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 07:08
is it no longer possible to call-in Demo Storm squad from off-map or spawn them into houses?
If so, then definitely that needs to be brought back.
100% yes 👍

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Agreed.
They should be the same but just getting unlock with the HT.
Nerf Mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

No room for it on the command pannel. If suppression squad remains on the commander panel, Demo squad won't fit in. If the Demo squad gets back to the command panel instead of the suppression squad, then the suppression squad will get unlocked but there will be no way to get it until you unlock your Storms HT.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 14:40
No room for it on the command pannel. If suppression squad remains on the commander panel, Demo squad won't fit in. If the Demo squad gets back to the command panel instead of the suppression squad, then the suppression squad will get unlocked but there will be no way to get it until you unlock your Storms HT.
What about making then a call-in of the normal Wehrmacht Officer as an additional way to build them? Or from HQ?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

When I suggested to change Gebirgs to get bonuses from normal HSF, people said that you would need to get another unit just to get bonuses. Won't this be the same? People bitching that in order to get a CP-locked unit they first need to pay MP for Officer.

HQ? People are dumb enough to not find it there, no matter how many times you write it in the in-game texts.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 15:06
When I suggested to change Gebirgs to get bonuses from normal HSF, people said that you would need to get another unit just to get bonuses. Won't this be the same? People bitching that in order to get a CP-locked unit they first need to pay MP for Officer.

HQ? People are dumb enough to not find it there, no matter how many times you write it in the in-game texts.
Yeah, that sounds too complicated for people. Shame.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't know...maybe we could move one of the command panel abilities to HQ...which one is not used too often and doesn't need to be quickly available in the panel?
I think there currently are normal Storms, Suppression storms, MP resource trade, Fuel resource trade, Panther Ace call in, Stuka bomber, Urban assault squad call in, Blitz ability.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 15:27
I don't know...maybe we could move one of the command panel abilities to HQ...which one is not used too often and doesn't need to be quickly available in the panel?
I think there currently are normal Storms, Suppression storms, MP resource trade, Fuel resource trade, Panther Ace call in, Stuka bomber, Urban assault squad call in, Blitz ability.
MP and Fuel trades could be moved to HQ. And then put the text that mentions this in ALL CAPS.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

+1 on Walds idea.
And then Stormtrooper rifle squad could be placed on a command panel, so we could actually see them being called in from time to time instead of being a forgotten Barracks unit (maybe even allow them to upgrade G43, so BK could get a dedicated long range squad instead of 2 squads upgrading stgs for mid to long range fights)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Walderschmidt wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 15:31
MarKr wrote:
MP and Fuel trades could be moved to HQ. And then put the text that mentions this in ALL CAPS.

Wald
+1

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Walderschmidt wrote:
MarKr wrote:

Wald
+1 I like it.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Walderschmidt wrote:
Oh yeah, the next thing I know will be some player:
"OMG Devs are yelling at me in the game texts, I feel offended! Change the texts in caps!!!"
*we change the text*
The same player: "BUG REPORT!!!! I UNLOCK RESOURCE TRADE ABILITIES AND THEY DON'T SHOW UP ON THE PANEL!!!! PLS, FIX!"

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 20:36
Walderschmidt wrote:
Oh yeah, the next thing I know will be some player:
"OMG Devs are yelling at me in the game texts, I feel offended! Change the texts in caps!!!"
*we change the text*
The same player: "BUG REPORT!!!! I UNLOCK RESOURCE TRADE ABILITIES AND THEY DON'T SHOW UP ON THE PANEL!!!! PLS, FIX!"
Tell them a hotfix is available.
9C174B39-D880-4060-8DCC-024EB90D7585.png
Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah, already learned that the passive aggressive texts don’t fly well. I don’t know who it is that keeps writing the loading screen tool tips but they offended people and I got some heat for it. They could’ve used a hot fix.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Yeah, sarcasm and dry humor really don’t translate well unless there is a heavy amount of context available for the reader.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY