I hate to bring it up again

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Consti255

I hate to bring it up again

Post by Consti255 »

Hi everyone,
now after a couple matches in Beta i have a standpoint now to the changes.
i know this topic is really anoying but therefor in my eyes really important.
Since the recent Vet changes, many players dont like the change (players ive been speaking too).
I think Hawks brought it up really great again in this post : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4378

Basic infantry is hard to get Vet and now doctrines like prop and other basic oriented docs TS and Infantry (sort off) struggeling vs elites.
The problem which Hawks speaking about is, that medium tanks and HE tanks in general are really really cheap which makes elites looking bad vs them. But this isnt the problem of the elites its just a general problem with the Infantry to Tank combat. and HE tank just pisses on elites and basic grunts until elites reach Vet 5 and get the Heroic upgrade.

Now how to fix this.
I think in general it is a pretty small change which is really impactful.
Its just making 3 units in the game CP free which are following:

M10,Stugs and PIV F2.

What does that give you for the infantry balance you would ask?
We can revert the infantry changes desprite the Vet of basics and elite because now the Player with the elite infantry doc dont have to spend 2 CP for the medium tank hunters like the m10 or Stug and it can be put into CP upgrades or unlocks for the infantry. Going not for AT options like them is always a really really high risk and it often ends in a medium steamroll against you. For example CP unlocks like advanced training or the special training for AB. So the basics can stay as they are in the live version and the elites scale now faster to hugen the gap between basics and elites.
Vet 2-3 Basics will be better for the first time the elites are fielded but the gap gets as i said faster huger due to the CP unlocks. You shouldnt instantly get punished to make a Riflesquad Vet 3 when the first Fallschirm or Storms are fielded.

Now why the F2?
It is free in every doc except in Luft. When playing Luft you really dont got the 2 CP to pump it in a poopy F2. Thats straight up not possible. So you stick with Pak40 Pumas and Marders. The CP could be changed but this i am gonna present in a different post.

Last but not leased. COST INCREASE FO ALL MEDIUMS.

Mediums are so spamable right now it is madness. So when the TD get even CP free, they should raise in cost and so do the Mediums should be raised in cost aswell. Cost are raised fuel whise not MP whise.
So a Sherman/stubby costs arround 50 fuel and so on.
M10 should go to atleased 40-45 and Stugs atleased 50 fuel.
Nerf Mencius