Hotkey Suggestions

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Redgaarden

Re: Hotkey Suggestions

Post by Redgaarden »

Most players are wired to the current hotkey layout
I hate the current keybind layout.

Mostly due to missing keybinds and overlapping ones.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

tarakancheg wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 01:53
i dont see a retreat button here. Also do we really need to overhaul entire hotkey setup if we only need to fix some overlaps?
Retreat is on the ability panel - top row on the right, therefore retreat button would be "R".
It is not necessary but I would say it is a "quality of life" change. It is not like we randomly change keyes to whatever random hotkey - they will follow an easy pattern. It will be also better for future units/abilities as it will be clear what hotkey they have.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I am not against it, but i can imagine a handful number of players will dislike what's happening with hotkeys for several months.. they will be like "wtf!! pressed T hundred times & my units don't retreat anymore!!!! u broke the game" i can totally picture some players in the community with this attitude.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 16:41
I am not against it, but i can imagine a handful number of players will dislike what's happening with hotkeys for several months.. they will be like "wtf!! pressed T hundred times & my units don't retreat anymore!!!! u broke the game" i can totally picture some players in the community with this attitude.
i am already used to used to retreating on T. And honestly speaking i dont want it to change. Current layout is fine, just fix all overlaping abilities (i am for example ever get hull down because it has a priority over direct fire and pressing hull down with a comet or cromwell when you need to direct fire them will just lose you a unit for free) and add binds for abilities without them. This way we wont bother anyone with changes and it will be a QoL improvement by itself.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Let’s beta it.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

tarakancheg wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 17:37
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
i am already used to used to retreating on T. And honestly speaking i dont want it to change. Current layout is fine, just fix all overlaping abilities (i am for example ever get hull down because it has a priority over direct fire and pressing hull down with a comet or cromwell when you need to direct fire them will just lose you a unit for free) and add binds for abilities without them. This way we wont bother anyone with changes and it will be a QoL improvement by itself.
+1 agree

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
I mean yeah that is what's bound to happen but ultimately it will clean up a lot of issues with current keybinds (overlap, inconsistent keys for specific actions).

Might frustrate for a short while but will make the controls nicer in the long run.
Walderschmidt wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 19:06
Let’s beta it.

Wald
Agreed, let's give it a shot. :)

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

I think "Salwage wrecks" and "cut barbed wire" don't need a hotkey.
1.they overlap with "Sprint/smoke" and "withdrawal to an officer"
2. If you right click wrecks or barbed wire abilities will be used automatically.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So how many people actually tested? Because hours were spent setting it up in beta per the suggestion of 3 people on the forum. Ironically, the only person who I know who has ACTUALLY honestly tested it and tried it was someone who was against the change in the first place.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

i'd say the hotkey changes are fine.. still testing them though.

rappatix

Post by rappatix »

I like the changed hotkey bindings and think that they are necessary since it is an easy understood system to grasp. I just need to get adjusted to them. I haven't played beta much, only a few games and I haven't found any faulty key bindings. However, I also don't use all key bindings, I mostly use reinforce, sprint and retreat.... I think at least. Please keep the new key bindings!!