Jeep / Schwimmwagen Transport Capacity

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Wake

Jeep / Schwimmwagen Transport Capacity

Post by Wake »

Recently, the US Ranger Captain and Wehrmacht Propaganda Volksturm Officer had their squad size increased to 3 people instead of just the officer alone by himself.

I think it may have been overlooked that the increased squad size now prevents the officer from boarding a Jeep or Schwimmwagen as a transport, because those vehicles currently have a transport capacity of only 1 soldier. Should the Jeep and Schwimmwagen have their transport capacity increased to 3 people, so that the officer squad can ride inside the jeep again?

This could have the side effect of also allowing 3-man weapon teams like mortars and HMGs to ride inside of a jeep as well. However, this would not be unrealistic. It may introduce a new strategy of quickly moving a machine gun or mortar team to a key location at the beginning of a game (faster than walking).

Here is a real-life example of 6 soldiers inside of a Jeep and another example of 4 men inside of a Schwimmwagen. I am sure that 5 troops and a mortar could fit inside either vehicle.
Last edited by Wake on 01 Apr 2021, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.

Walderschmidt

Re: Jeep / Schwimmwagen Transport Capacity

Post by Walderschmidt »

Wake wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 02:58
Recently, the US Ranger Captain and Wehrmacht Propaganda Volksturm Officer had their squad size increased to 3 people instead of just the officer alone by himself.

I think it may have been overlooked that the increased squad size now prevents the officer from boarding a Jeep or Schwimmwagen as a transport, because those vehicles currently have a transport capacity of only 1 soldier. Should the Jeep and Schwimmwagen have their transport capacity increased to 3 people, so that the officer squad can ride inside the jeep again?

This could have the side effect of also allowing 3-man weapon teams like mortars and HMGs to ride inside of a jeep as well. However, this would not be unrealistic. It may introduce new strategy of quickly moving a machine gun team to a key location at the beginning of a game (faster than walking).

Here is a real-life example of 6 soldiers inside of a Jeep and another example of 4 men inside of a Schwimmwagen. I am sure that 5 troops and a mortar could fit inside either vehicle.
I'd be cool witht his change. Hell yeah!

Throw mortars in there, too, why not.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Agree.
Additionally, i dont think regular Jeeps can transport anyone, this could be changed.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

What about transport truck, or half truck? I don’t think Jeep needs to transport more than one persone, you still can use a scout in the jeep, that way transport truck is no going to be obsolete.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is possible to allow 3-men infantry inside but leave out MGs and mortars. The problem is that MGs and mortars "deploy" in the transporter which would allow to shoot it on the move and (because they were not made for that), most likely graphical glitches.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Do they deploy inside of Opel Blitz and the other unarmed & unarmored troop transport trucks?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

MGs yes. Mortars no because you cannot load them into transports.