Special AP ammo on TD´s and Tanks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Special AP ammo on TD´s and Tanks

Post by Warhawks97 »

I recently figured that Elephant had AP by default and just made a bug notification to see if its intended or not.

Issues and Goals
I want to kick of a discussion about AP on TD´s at this point because i think they could be different and making them more appealing to be used.

Right now TDs and Tanks get special AP just like that via a cheap 25 ammo upgrade and can use it whenever it is deemed necessary or when ammo is available in quantity.

I would like to open up a debate about AP rounds in general. Recently we had a similiar discussion about AT guns viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4166 and also about TD´s and that there is barely a reason to go for them because they dont really offer something that most multirole tanks cant do by their own already.

AP rounds are quite inflationary in this game, esspecially when you use less but more powerfull tanks resulting in less ammo upgrades and more ammo to spare to be used by some elite tanks.

So my idea would be that TD´s would get AP rounds by default at some point of the game.

Suggestion:

US
-US TD would get special AP round upgrades either by an upgrade in the WSC or supply yard. Or they get them after Tank depot upgrade or when the first supply yard upgrade has been purchased. Just like the AT guns.

- US Tanks like Sherman would get special AP only via the Doctrines ammo unlock. Inf and AB doc shermans wont have access to special AP rounds.

CW:
- M10 would get special AP after a certain global upgrade.
- About Firefly and Comet i am unsure. CW is just so damn dependent on having these rounds available and not all have access to M10. So i leave that one open.

WH:
- Def doc Jagdpanzer IV´s would have AP either by default or after reaching a certain tec stage.
- BK doc can give AP to all tanks. I would suggest to remove the Tank IV mass production and replace it with an AP ammo supply for its tanks. Why that change?
1. Stubby Panzer IV is no more and Panzer III is not affected
2. Panzer J doesnt get any cheaper from mass-production
3. Panzer IV H paired with Mass production costs 7 CP and the cost drop on H is so small that its not worth the spending.
4. Spending 3 CP to get cheaper f2 isnt worth it. Considering that these 3 CP could unlock already the half way to panther.
5. That would take away the early power from Stug IV a bit since it takes 4 CP to get it with AP on-board.

PE:
- TDs get special AP ammo via last upgrade in the Tank support building or as a seperate unlock that needs to be purchased.

- I am unsure about TS doc. It does already have everything needed. I think Panthers/Tiger/KT can survive even without. When heavy enemie armor is expected, TD´s can be chosen rather than playing down always the same Panther meta.

Normal Tanks in general wont have AP anymore. That would make players to chose TD´s rather than keep spamming out multrole tanks and using AP´s in an inflationary way. Docs that dont have acess to dedicated TD´s like BK doc can get AP for their multirole tanks via CP´s or have powerfull tanks with powerfull default guns (KT).
Build more AA Walderschmidt