Prevent Camo-Button

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Prevent Camo-Button

Post by Walderschmidt »

What if recon units, jeeps/motorcyles, snipers, officers, all had an anti-camo button.

Press button, click on enemy unit, and then it is unable to camo unless it moves out of range?

You can make it cost muni if it being free would be too disruptive. It would make units like jeeps/motorcyles stay relevant for longer, encourage players to get officers or other light vehicles and make for a more diverse force in general.

I'm suggesting this because from what I understand, there's no way to prevent a unit from going passive camo or active camo when it is in vision of another unit.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Re: Prevent Camo-Button

Post by Warhawks97 »

That ability sounds similiar to "mark target"
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Warhawks97 wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 19:23
That ability sounds similiar to "mark target"
Does mark target do this?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

i think so

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

This reminds me of an idea I brought up in our dev forum. It got sort of lost in a discussion about another topic. But it might be a way to sort of do what you want:

I had an idea for an ability for spotting units. It would make the unit "check" with binocular selected area (within range) for camoed units. You would click the ability, click at some place and the unit would reveal the area AND any camoed units in there (reveal radius similar to Grenade AoE?). The ability would have 10 second duration (or whatever time), hidden units would become revealed after 5 seconds for 5 seconds and then some reasonable cooldown. It would only be possible to use it when the "normal" binocular ability is NOT active so that you need to choose between revealing the FoW and spotting for hidden units from distance. Currently spotters reveal camoed anywhere in radius around them but not in their entire vision range.

It would be for the situations when you suspect a hidden unit in some bush but you are not 100% sure if something is there.

Would that work?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Mark thats an awesome idea.

The only thing wrong with it is that you guys didnt bring it up earlier.

So, Yes, Yes, Yes.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

I remember saying something about flares functioning the same way that MarkR described. Only flares would give you a visible notice to let you know that something was spotting you.

I also remember saying that flares were already in the game (added in by tales of valor for panzerkrieg). Just a matter of giving it to units to use now: viewtopic.php?p=33005#p33005

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MenciusMoldbug wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 20:29
I remember saying something about flares functioning the same way that MarkR described. Only flares would give you a visible notice to let you know that something was spotting you.

I also remember saying that flares were already in the game (added in by tales of valor for panzerkrieg). Just a matter of giving it to units to use now: viewtopic.php?p=33005#p33005

artillery strikes also keep unnoticed untill first shells land. I dont see why the ambusher should know when he gets spotted. I mean if you try to spy out ambush positions and have success, the ambusher wouldnt know he got spotted.

I would try the "binocular spy" thing first for recon units. I would add flares perhaps as an ability for command units and as ability for mortars that cost ammo and reveal a larger area for a bit longer time.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 20:11
This reminds me of an idea I brought up in our dev forum. It got sort of lost in a discussion about another topic. But it might be a way to sort of do what you want:

I had an idea for an ability for spotting units. It would make the unit "check" with binocular selected area (within range) for camoed units. You would click the ability, click at some place and the unit would reveal the area AND any camoed units in there (reveal radius similar to Grenade AoE?). The ability would have 10 second duration (or whatever time), hidden units would become revealed after 5 seconds for 5 seconds and then some reasonable cooldown. It would only be possible to use it when the "normal" binocular ability is NOT active so that you need to choose between revealing the FoW and spotting for hidden units from distance. Currently spotters reveal camoed anywhere in radius around them but not in their entire vision range.

It would be for the situations when you suspect a hidden unit in some bush but you are not 100% sure if something is there.

Would that work?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Spotters, officers, jeeps/motorcyles, and maybe recon light vehicles.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MenciusMoldbug wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 20:29

Could combine this with making binocular unavailable for a brief period of time (make it share a cool down?)

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY