95 mm artillery Churchil

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4999
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: 95 mm artillery Churchil

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I did not suggest any buff. However; i am against nerfing its stats; like reload or damage, etc.

Rather i would want to see of all these howitzer tanks (which i mentioned above) with projectiles behaving differently.

Remember the 95 Churchill is the only reliable arty RE doc has, and is available after 5 CP (meaning u delay the MK7 to 7 CP if u rush 95 Churchills first) so i would be very careful when applying a nerf to the 95 Churchill.

I am aware that currently the damage vs tanks (with the barrage ability ONLY) is very high as u can kill a KT with just 4 hits.. but the direct fire dealt damage is a lot less, i would probably lower the damage of the barrage vs tanks.. but i would first need to see what a different behaving projectile would achieve.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 4074
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: 95 mm artillery Churchil

Post by MarKr »

MEFISTO wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 21:27
Check the replay, my Panthers were struggling to penetrate any of this Churchill in general, MKVII etc… and got melt by this unit. I actually have another game were my Tiger late version wasn’t able to penetrate this MKVII at all and some how this unit penetrate the Tiger 2 times 🤣🤣🤣lol, and of course, an Achilles came from nowhere and 1 shoot the damage Tiger.
I haven't watched the replay but:
Tiger gun penetration chance:
25% at max range (33% with AP active) vs Mk VII
58% at max range (77% with AP active) vs other Churchills

Panther gun penetration chance:
30% at max range (cca 40% with AP active) vs Mk VII
94% at max range (125% with AP active) vs other Churchills

75mm Churchill gun penetration chance:
cca 10% penetration at max range vs Tiger
cca 9% penetration at max range vs Panther (cca 5% with skirts)

Data for hits in the frontal part of each tank. So having a Tiger bounce off of MK VII at max range is possible, but on average 1 in 4 shots should go through. To have the 75mm Churchill gun penetrate Tiger twice in the same time frontally, is either an extremely bad luck on your side (and we should apply changes because of bad luck in one game), or some other factor was involved - e.g. the Churchill hit rear of the Tiger.
Image

User avatar
MEFISTO
Posts: 612
Joined: 18 Jun 2016, 21:15

Re: 95 mm artillery Churchil

Post by MEFISTO »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 21:50
I did not suggest any buff. However; i am against nerfing its stats; like reload or damage, etc.

Rather i would want to see of all these howitzer tanks (which i mentioned above) with projectiles behaving differently.

Remember the 95 Churchill is the only reliable arty RE doc has, and is available after 5 CP (meaning u delay the MK7 to 7 CP if u rush 95 Churchills first) so i would be very careful when applying a nerf to the 95 Churchill.

I am aware that currently the damage vs tanks (with the barrage ability ONLY) is very high as u can kill a KT with just 4 hits.. but the direct fire dealt damage is a lot less, i would probably lower the damage of the barrage vs tanks.. but i would first need to see what a different behaving projectile would achieve.
Bro the main problem and what makes this unit a pain is its armor and its indirect fire vs any unit in the game, you can’t get close enough with infantry because its accuracy and reload time, and if you manage to get close somehow its armor will protect it so good.

User avatar
MEFISTO
Posts: 612
Joined: 18 Jun 2016, 21:15

Re: 95 mm artillery Churchil

Post by MEFISTO »

MarKr wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 21:54
MEFISTO wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 21:27
Check the replay, my Panthers were struggling to penetrate any of this Churchill in general, MKVII etc… and got melt by this unit. I actually have another game were my Tiger late version wasn’t able to penetrate this MKVII at all and some how this unit penetrate the Tiger 2 times 🤣🤣🤣lol, and of course, an Achilles came from nowhere and 1 shoot the damage Tiger.
I haven't watched the replay but:
Tiger gun penetration chance:
25% at max range (33% with AP active) vs Mk VII
58% at max range (77% with AP active) vs other Churchills

Panther gun penetration chance:
30% at max range (cca 40% with AP active) vs Mk VII
94% at max range (125% with AP active) vs other Churchills

75mm Churchill gun penetration chance:
cca 10% penetration at max range vs Tiger
cca 9% penetration at max range vs Panther (cca 5% with skirts)

Data for hits in the frontal part of each tank. So having a Tiger bounce off of MK VII at max range is possible, but on average 1 in 4 shots should go through. To have the 75mm Churchill gun penetrate Tiger twice in the same time frontally, is either an extremely bad luck on your side (and we should apply changes because of bad luck in one game), or some other factor was involved - e.g. the Churchill hit rear of the Tiger.
Churchill hits the Tiger on the front plate, twice in a row, may be was bad luck or maybe was a modifier from his tank commander that was close to it. The replay on this thread is no the Tiger one, it is bk doctrine vs RE, my panthers barely penetrate any of this Churchill or at least 1 of 4 hit but was enough time to 95mm Churchill to melt my panthers from a safe distance, when you take panthers reload time and 95mm rate of fire and accuracy and damage, 5 shoot can be a long time for a panther that can end in a panther lost in a blink of a eye.

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4999
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: 95 mm artillery Churchil

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MEFISTO wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 22:03
Bro the main problem and what makes this unit a pain is its armor and its indirect fire vs any unit in the game, you can’t get close enough with infantry because its accuracy and reload time, and if you manage to get close somehow its armor will protect it so good.
The armor of the 95 Churchill isn't that good, particularly weak vs Shrecks, Tigers & Panthers can reliably penetrate it as well.

If by saying "indirect fire" u mean the barrage? Then yes, i already said the barrage of the 95 Churchill is very lethal, paricularly vs tanks... However, the direct fire is on the other hand very weak vs tanks.

I believe that changing the way how projectiles behave, will be helpful.
Without touching the reload time or damage.

User avatar
MEFISTO
Posts: 612
Joined: 18 Jun 2016, 21:15

Re: 95 mm artillery Churchil

Post by MEFISTO »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 22:43
MEFISTO wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 22:03
Bro the main problem and what makes this unit a pain is its armor and its indirect fire vs any unit in the game, you can’t get close enough with infantry because its accuracy and reload time, and if you manage to get close somehow its armor will protect it so good.
The armor of the 95 Churchill isn't that good, particularly weak vs Shrecks, Tigers & Panthers can reliably penetrate it as well.

If by saying "indirect fire" u mean the barrage? Then yes, i already said the barrage of the 95 Churchill is very lethal, paricularly vs tanks... However, the direct fire is on the other hand very weak vs tanks.

I believe that changing the way how projectiles behave, will be helpful.
Without touching the reload time or damage.
Well, check the replay, its armor is not that weak as you say and good luck trying to get close with your AT squad.

User avatar
Volksgrenadiers
Posts: 17
Joined: 06 Dec 2016, 21:06

Re: 95 mm artillery Churchil

Post by Volksgrenadiers »

I would say Limit it to 1 and reduse dmg vs tanks and little bit to inf so then CW will not push whole front just with these 2 tanks and kill everythink you send....

Post Reply