Survey out of raw curiosity

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.

What is the most amount would you pay per month to "subscribe" to BK Mod?

I would rather pay for the game and its DLC
38%
1-3 USD per month
8%
3-5 USD per month
38%
5-10 USD per month
No votes
10+ USD per month
15%

Total votes: 13

kwok
Team Member

Survey out of raw curiosity

Post by kwok »

Hey guys,

Completely curious question for MYSELF (don't worry none of it is actually weighing any decision for the future of BK)...

What is the most you would pay per month to "subscribe" to play BK Mod assuming that it gets the level of attention a studio backed video game would have? This means no DLC, no upfront cost. But you'd pay per month to continue to be able to have BK mod installed on your computer.

The reason I ask is because people seem to hate microtransactions, pay-to-win, DLC in general... But the business world still goes on. Businesses do not want to support a revenue source that people will either just buy once and never again (or just straight up pirate sometimes) which will require frequent extreme reinvestment that runs a chance of a flop. Meanwhile players don't want to keep spending money just so they can stay relatively competitive in the game. To cater to interests in both sides, securing a source of predictable money back and forth just seems like a nicer option to me. As a player, I pay for something I enjoy and when I stop enjoying it I cut off the funds to show my distaste. As a developer, I can focus on a passion project without worrying whether it will be a blind dice roll if it will succeed or fail.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Consti255

Re: Survey out of raw curiosity

Post by Consti255 »

Kwok is secretly going to be the BK marketing headleader... He just wants our money!!
Nerf Mencius

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I don't want everyone's money. I just want your money, consti. You still owe me for those feet pictures.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Haven't voted.. and i'd just like to state it clear that i'm against turning Bk Mod into a platform with profit.
This mod is meant to be free and accessible by everyone.. and should always remain as such.

Nevertheless, i would support the idea to allow voluntellary subscriptions. More like what the Wikinger Mod team had done.. they have a category of players named "Patreons" and so we could do something similar for Bk Mod and call them "Contributors" or something... While stating clearly that this subscription is only for those who like to volunteer out of their own will, as it does not give them any decision privileges or any other higher positions within the community apart from just being listed as contributors.

Personally, I would be more than willing to subscribe for the Bk Mod project with 10 GBP or even more monthly, but only in that capacity mentioned.. and definitely not as a purchasable product.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

kwok wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 06:13

Completely curious question for MYSELF (don't worry none of it is actually weighing any decision for the future of BK)...
Don't worry, I also agree with you Tiger to the extreme. In my opinion as a dev, BK should not even accept donations. Money shouldn't be involved whatsoever and I believe other devs feel the same (tbh I never asked). This was a personal question of mine. If i were to be more transparent (but I'm afraid would impact the vote), I'm trying to build a case that RTS games will frankly not be invested in the near term future, and so upcoming games including CoH3 will always suffer due to business reasons.

So... vote please! lol

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I would pay $10 a month plus - if it gets new models or new content or whatever. Or just to say thanks to devs.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Walderschmidt wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 03:04
I would pay $10 a month plus - if it gets new models or new content or whatever. Or just to say thanks to devs.

Wald
Simp.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

kwok wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 22:04
Walderschmidt wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 03:04

Wald
Simp.
Guilty.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL